Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning all, yard work on the hill all day yesterday..
Not sure if I will get at any yard work today. Starting out quite chilly but supposed to make mid 60s. Guess I was out in the cold too long yesterday. Woke up with leg cramps aroun 4am. :BangHead:

Ill bring them to Carlisle.
Hoppy wants you to make him a fresh one. :eek:

Sunshine makes us dream they have said, but seams like I dream more with cold cloudy days, , or maybe
Or you just sleep more and have more dreams. :rolleyes:

Then the pop is in there with a bad tank of gas,
Maybe you need to drive it! Can't take that long to use a tank of gas. How many gallons per mile does the beast get? :poke:

LOL

If you go back you will see a Daffy image shaking a can of paint being thrown up by certain members here. It looks like Daffy is doing something else but he is truly shaking a can of spray paint. I cannot show it here because I do not have it on my computer! But certain members do and those certain members like to use it against other "cool" members
OK, thanks for the disclaimer - Tike...

I really do think the world can use two of me like the doublemint twins of days of old!
View attachment 1715170758 View attachment 1715170759
OH, hell no!

Good morning - to anyone not scared away by Hoppy's pics

Just spent an hour looking for a driveshaft,7 buildings only to find it right where i put it.last place i checked...

Well the wiring install of the polara is a fail this morning... turns out that while the harness itself is fine, it wont work for the polara. its only a 12 circuit, I need a 16.

Well the wiring install of the polara is a fail this morning... turns out that while the harness itself is fine, it wont work for the polara. its only a 12 circuit, I need a 16.
Uhhh, seems like the sorta thing you would want to figure out before buying a harness. :BangHead:

Uhhh, seems like the sorta thing you would want to figure out before buying a harness. :BangHead:
Well, I did. I asked over on moparts and was told a by several a 12 circuit is plenty if not running A/C. So I bought a kit that the add said had everything I needed. Turns out that's not the case as it doesn't have turn signals or parking lamps in this harness but does have A/C...

So take a piece of plywood and lay out the original harness - with everything labeled. Some guys posted pictures in the FABO thread called "Wiring Nightmare"
Then lay your new harness out next to it. Use the new as the base and make it match the original., Copy and Add/transfer wires as needed.

Morning all....well I watched a couple U-tube videos for greasing trailer bearings, and it didn't look to difficult. Wife said NO, so taking it into the shop. The trailer has never been serviced (4 yrs old) so having an experienced wrench give it the once over is probably the way to go. :)

Barracuda goes in this afternoon to the upholstery shop. I'm replacing the convertible top, putting the correct dark blue top on it. With that I'll consider it done...for now at least, gee I'm not sure you ever get done with them....do you??

Morning all....well I watched a couple U-tube videos for greasing trailer bearings, and it didn't look to difficult. Wife said NO, so taking it into the shop. The trailer has never been serviced (4 yrs old) so having an experienced wrench give it the once over is probably the way to go. :)

Barracuda goes in this afternoon to the upholstery shop. I'm replacing the convertible top, putting the correct dark blue top on it. With that I'll consider it done...for now at least, gee I'm not sure you ever get done with them....do you??
Temporarily! LOL.

So take a piece of plywood and lay out the original harness - with everything labeled. Some guys posted pictures in the FABO thread called "Wiring Nightmare"
Then lay your new harness out next to it. Use the new as the base and make it match the original., Copy and Add/transfer wires as needed.
Great idea! I was thinking of returning this harness or maybe even selling it, then ordering the mopar specific one I found last night for only 60 bucks more than I paid for this one.

Or maybe do it the other way around. Use the original as the base. Transfer in new replacement wires from the new harness. Then do the remaining ones as needed. Some loose zip ties will keep them bundled after removing the tape.

Once the tape is off the original you'll have a better idea of condition.

Great idea! I was thinking of returning this harness or maybe even selling it, then ordering the mopar specific one I found last night for only 60 bucks more than I paid for this one.
Returning may be a good option. I was assuming you were keeping it.

Or maybe do it the other way around. Use the original as the base. Transfer in new replacement wires from the new harness. Then do the remaining ones as needed. Some loose zip ties will keep them bundled after removing the tape.

the original is unusable. Most of it burnt/melted under the dash plus lots of wires splined in here and there.

Returning may be a good option. I was assuming you were keeping it.
If I can't return it, I'll probably resell it but advertise it more thoroughly. I'll take a loss on it but still. It'd be ok for a rat rod, or even a drag car. Maybe a street car with a standalone t-signal harness. I just don't understand wiring enough to make my own t-signal harness.

Might be surprised, and it still will be a useful guide unless there was a major fire.
Under dash there probably is at least one factory splice - the main junction and distribution point.

Might be surprised, and it still will be a useful guide unless there was a major fire.
Under dash there probably is at least one factory splice - the main junction and distribution point.
i know there's at least 4 things spliced in. The electronic ignition conversion, a 6 inch sun tach, an aftermarket oil pressure guage and a cassette radio with amps. all of which is still in the car.

You can do it! :rofl:
news-Complexity-FokkerElmo.jpg

-
Back