Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What to do first? I have a bunch of things I should do b/4 it rains. I need to back read and find the conversation between Dave and Ben about fertilizer and get some of that done today. It's supposed to be 70 and sunny.

Why not search????

Save time...

I always find things in the last place I check. Never makes much sense to check anywhere else after I found it. :realcrazy:

Sometimes I keep looking after I find it, so I don't find it in the last place that I looked.... :D

Morning all....well I watched a couple U-tube videos for greasing trailer bearings, and it didn't look to difficult. Wife said NO, so taking it into the shop. The trailer has never been serviced (4 yrs old) so having an experienced wrench give it the once over is probably the way to go. :)

Barracuda goes in this afternoon to the upholstery shop. I'm replacing the convertible top, putting the correct dark blue top on it. With that I'll consider it done...for now at least, gee I'm not sure you ever get done with them....do you??

Get to a point where everything works and stop improving it...

Or you will fix it until it's broke....

Maybe find a better used harness from something close to start with. Even if it's not right it will be closer than a Universal. Lay them both out and compare, change as needed...

If the connectors are good, just cut pig tails of them and run and solder fresh new wire in... Use the same color code as the factory if possible...

Shor trip, how was Vegas, Tim?
Three to four hour drive is all it is to get there. Three days there. It was relaxing. Saw Elton john, front row 15 ft from the man! GREAT!!! And saw "O" at Bellagio. Pissed off a load of "Car" fund!!! O well....

Three to four hour drive is all it is to get there. Three days there. It was relaxing. Saw Elton john, front row 15 ft from the man! GREAT!!! And saw "O" at Bellagio. Pissed off a load of "Car" fund!!! O well....
But you got some R&R. Its highly underrated.

fair enough. So just to make sure I'm understanding your suggestion, are you saying to lay out the factory harness, buy the needed connectors,ends, plugs etc and get the same color wires and custom make a harness using the original as a pattern?

I like to rewire inside the car so I know how everything fits and can get the wire lengths more accurate...

Out of the car on a board may let you make more errors...

I hate waiting on Parts...... If they could only send the right $hit the first time ...:BangHead::BangHead:

That's why I prefer to go to a local parts store so I can see what I'm getting before handing over any money.... Verify it's what I want...

Yeah...I was a Parts Store owner for 27 years...I like to use Rock Auto as a reference for correct part numbers, sometimes. They'll have several different manufactures part numbers listed there. Then I usually provide my own part numbers to my local suppliers. Believe me....The parts business is MUCH different today than it was, when there were still a lot of Independents around. I sold three stores to Carquest 18 years ago....

I miss the old days of the ma & pa parts store.... :(

-
Back