Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Went to a fundraiser tonight. A old friend in the car and parts business for 45 years. He has throat cancer and will undergo radiation and chemo next week. There were 350 or so there and they raised a couple thousand $$. Lots of old friends there I haven't seen for decades.

I had a few tall boys at the fundraiser and came home and made a screwdriver. What's wrong with me? Ah, what the heck, the wife is out of town till Tuesday.

A Mopar friend. He is a character for sure. Old Mill Phil is his handle in our group.

old mill phill.jpg

Nice truck! I always like to see the Clay Smith Cams logo, it is iconic.
You would get a charge of Phil, He is the "Kit Car Phil" that displayed his un-assembled Kit Car at the Mopar Nats last year.
kit car 2017.jpg
20728184_699248766930348_972696946116429386_n.jpg

How is everyone weekend going?!!:thumbsup:

We took Eddie's Dart back to John Cope and he agrees that something isn't right and it couldn't have been caused by changing a carb gasket.... He's going to fix it early this week...

Turns out his assistant was not very good and is no longer working there... He has a new assistant that is much better now, so we'll see how it goes...

3D printing is simply amazing. My youngest son's latest.

Pretty cool.

We use 3D printing a lot in the pharma business, everything from medical devices to packaging components. We can print metal along with polymers to make just about anything you can imagine.

The automakers use really big printers to make prototype body components...and have been using them for many years.

We took Eddie's Dart back to John Cope and he agrees that something isn't right and it couldn't have been caused by changing a carb gasket.... He's going to fix it early this week...

Turns out his assistant was not very good and is no longer working there... He has a new assistant that is much better now, so we'll see how it goes...
Good he is getting it straightened out. Cope is top notch and what happened is not what he is about.

Pretty cool.

We use 3D printing a lot in the pharma business, everything from medical devices to packaging components. We can print metal along with polymers to make just about anything you can imagine.

The automakers use really big printers to make prototype body components...and have been using them for many years.
How can they print metal?

It isn’t hard, sintered metal alloy fused to each layer by laser.

I should show this to my son although I am sure he has seen like this. Damn, A laser printer in my house next! LOL

I have some pictures of John Cope's wall art for Ddaddy... I need some time to organize them and post....

Some more...

DSC07088 BR.JPG
DSC07100 B.JPG
DSC07116 B.JPG
DSC07109 B.JPG
DSC07112 B.JPG

Here's an old style phone booth that he has and painted to go with the Sinclair theme:

DSC07090 BR.JPG
DSC07091 BR.JPG
DSC07093 BR.JPG

The light even works and goes on when you close the door...

DSC07096 BR.JPG

I had them rotated so they would be proper orientation, but somehow they don't post that way.... :BangHead:

-
Back