Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Bad sign when the insurance company has to sue itself...
For me as far as the car goes, It is covered by them for 28 grand with collector car insurance, no fault. Meaning no matter whose fault it is still covered for that amount. Best scenario is they total it and pay the max 28 grand and I buy it back at a huge discount and do the repairs. Paint alone will be over 10 grand if it needs it.

For me as far as the car goes, It is covered by them for 28 grand with collector car insurance, no fault. Meaning no matter whose fault it is still covered for that amount. Best scenario is they total it and pay the max 28 grand and I buy it back at a huge discount and do the repairs. Paint alone will be over 10 grand if it needs it.
Stuff adds up fast at a body shop.

I dont think it will need any paint, but who knows what it will take to straighten out.

Have to pull the engine to replace the headers, What body shop will want to do that? What body shop do I WANT to do that!
You are going to need to find a classic car shop that specializes in vintage cars. No modern shop will have the skills to do it right from body through mechanical.

At least in CA, there are shops that specialize in that kind of work. Most of the rest of the country has very few. I’m just talking out loud, you already know all this...

You are going to need to find a classic car shop that specializes in vintage cars. No modern shop will have the skills to do it right from body through mechanical.

At least in CA, there are shops that specialize in that kind of work. Most of the rest of the country has very few. I’m just talking out loud, you already know all this...
And those shops are in big demand in CA, and they are not inexpensive. Several in Escondido. Two towns over...

How is everyone weekend going?!!:thumbsup:
Well, not too bad. Did a bunch of cobblestone mulch rings around the new trees and did some more leveling and filling work on the area where the patio will go next to the deck. Carrying a couple of dozen 5 lb cobblestones up the hill in the backyard was enough to get my back and knees complaining loudly. Soaking them in some beer now...from the inside out.

Hope its not a write-off Tim,next go round-Dash Cam.
I think i will be getting one to cover my ***.

Hope the Mrs is happy you were able to handle the car and keep her safe. Really, thats all that matters. The rest is just nuts and bolts.

-
Back