Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got report from adjuster. Total loss, got check on the spot for 24 grand, 28 minus my deductible. Bought the totaled car back for 4 grand, blue book value, cut a side deal with the same shop the insurance company was going to use, got the repair down to 8 grand! AND I get to do some of the work myself in there shop. WINNER!!!! If I dissemble the front clip myself, no paint work will be needed. I will be real careful believe me...12 grand bonus. BUT my car is OOS for a WHILE. That is why I wanted access to there shop, to keep them motivated to complete.

Got report from adjuster. Total loss, got check on the spot for 24 grand, 28 minus my deductible. Bought the totaled car back for 4 grand, blue book value, cut a side deal with the same shop the insurance company was going to use, got the repair down to 8 grand! AND I get to do some of the work myself in there shop. WINNER!!!! If I dissemble the front clip myself, no paint work will be needed. I will be real careful believe me...12 grand bonus. BUT my car is OOS for a WHILE. That is why I wanted access to there shop, to keep them motivated to complete.
Well sounds like a good deal for you. Sorry your without though for the near future.
In a few words what was the damage?? Was the frame ok??

Well sounds like a good deal for you. Sorry your without though for the near future.
In a few words what was the damage?? Was the frame ok??
"Frame" is tweaked some. Will take a frame machine. Convertibles are easier I'm told to straighten with no visible damage. No roof, rear quarter flexing. Wiring screwed under car, headers smashed, have to be replaced. A few things. Door is stuck closed now.

"Frame" is tweaked some. Will take a frame machine. Convertibles are easier I'm told to straighten with no visible damage. No roof, rear quarter flexing. Wiring screwed under car, headers smashed, have to be replaced. A few things. Door is stuck closed now.
Have to pull engine, trans to replace headers, will be easier to straighten with front clip off. I just am worried about the paint, that was 15 grand on the insurance repair estimate. And I think that was low.

Have to pull engine, trans to replace headers, will be easier to straighten with front clip off. I just am worried about the paint, that was 15 grand on the insurance repair estimate. And I think that was low.

Wow. Firs, glad you werent hurt. Second, sucks for your car. Third, once its straight, be a good time to upgrade that suspension as you were thinking about.

Wow! That was a quick settlement. Tim, hope it works out to be just as good as it was before...

Quick break, then get brakes done and then swap in a new coil pack in the aveo and i think i will plunk away with my transmission.

Wow. Firs, glad you werent hurt. Second, sucks for your car. Third, once its straight, be a good time to upgrade that suspension as you were thinking about.
Yep, that trip to the beach was going to be the last drive till I upgraded everything. I have all the parts to do upgrade...I might do it in there shop. on a lift!

I just got my car insurance bill for next year, five cars, 3600 for the year! 2900 last policy!! They raised everyone's rate. :wtf:
no way they processed that increase before getting the claim settled. But a 25% increase?!

Tim, they got me too to the tune of about $700 :( Must be the impending autonomous car disaster driving it :rofl:
high possibility. But more than likely it was CA's new laws on insurance companies that just went into effect, I got the notice a while back. They increased the cost for insurance companies to be licensed to sell in that state. by a LOT.

Or maybe to cover the costs of the brush fires and mudslides on some of the most expensive real estate in Ca.
Amazon is getting ready to pull out of Seattle. Seattle passed a law charging employers a head count tax. .26 per employee per hour worked.

One thing. we are looking to move the heck out of this expensive state within the next 5 years. But where to go? There is a reason they can get so much for everything here, it is paradise.

I'm just glad I no longer sell insurance. Not worth it

One thing. we are looking to move the heck out of this expensive state within the next 5 years. But where to go? There is a reason they can get so much for everything here, it is paradise.
South Florida man. My former platoon sgt up and moved last fall to Key West. Took his whole private contracting business with him. No income tax, warm weather, cost of living not that much more than Indiana, actually says he charges the same rates as he did in Indiana but with the no income tax, he's bringing home more than before so it balances out.

Amazon is getting ready to pull out of Seattle. Seattle passed a law charging employers a head count tax. .26 per employee per hour worked.
Large tax increases are directly influenced by a large part of the population using the free services, and not paying any taxes in to coffers. Like public schools, the roads, police, fire...NOT talking about sales tax. HMMMM wonder who those people are? ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or undocumented workers getting paid in cash under the table. NO tax paid.

South Florida man. My former platoon sgt up and moved last fall to Key West. Took his whole private contracting business with him. No income tax, warm weather, cost of living not that much more than Indiana, actually says he charges the same rates as he did in Indiana but with the no income tax, he's bringing home more than before so it balances out.
And hurricanes!!! No thanks.

-
Back