Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I like it when a plan comes together.
Aveo, misfiring.
Use power probe to test for signal from ecu. It drops ground for all 4 cyls. So drop in coil pack and it fires off like nothing happened.
Woo hoo.

Well VW is all trailer ready. Installed the light adapter today. It is something. Only one wire goes to each rear light. X2. Some how that powers all light functions. What a ***** tho running the wires. Have to remove all the plastic crap. What a pain in the butt. All rear trim. Mostly snaps together. All done now. :thumbsup:Carlisle here I come.

Well VW is all trailer ready. Installed the light adapter today. It is something. Only one wire goes to each rear light. X2. Some how that powers all light functions. What a ***** tho running the wires. Have to remove all the plastic crap. What a pain in the butt. All rear trim. Mostly snaps together. All done now. :thumbsup:Carlisle here I come.

Fantastic!

So,got my a904 bands. Low/reverse band is not the same.
Its the narrower one. So, i guess i reuse the old one.it looks like the new one wont fit. The tabs are different spacing.
What i read, it seems both work, just band adjustment is different

Nope. Upon closer inspection, 35 dollars for the second kickdown band. Funny that the part number reflects the part i actually ordered. (Insert expletive here)
Dunno what i done wrong.a12024 versus a12024a.
Was me all along.
Go figure.

Last edited:
The Missouri Athletic Club (hotel) in downtown St. Louis. I found the bar and some bourbon.

Here it is. A cloudy day, but the new top looks great!!
Bubba.JPG

Got report from adjuster. Total loss, got check on the spot for 24 grand, 28 minus my deductible. Bought the totaled car back for 4 grand, blue book value, cut a side deal with the same shop the insurance company was going to use, got the repair down to 8 grand! AND I get to do some of the work myself in there shop. WINNER!!!! If I dissemble the front clip myself, no paint work will be needed. I will be real careful believe me...12 grand bonus. BUT my car is OOS for a WHILE. That is why I wanted access to there shop, to keep them motivated to complete.
$20

One thing. we are looking to move the heck out of this expensive state within the next 5 years. But where to go? There is a reason they can get so much for everything here, it is paradise.
Come to SC, it'll be easier to harass ya if your local..:poke:

Large tax increases are directly influenced by a large part of the population using the free services, and not paying any taxes in to coffers. Like public schools, the roads, police, fire...NOT talking about sales tax. HMMMM wonder who those people are? ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or undocumented workers getting paid in cash under the table. NO tax paid.
Looks like I'm gonna have to do something illegal so I can get all them there free services.. "What? 3 free squares a day in the gray bar hotel? Cool.."

Ok,came up with a simple transmission stander-upper.
A68119DF-ACF9-4687-94B2-20DA0165FA7D.jpeg
Checked, theres room for the tailhousing too.

grabbed the pair of these off the Duster thinking they were rally wheels..till I just compared :BangHead:

F6EBABE7-91FC-4ADF-BAA7-5F7480887BA1.jpeg

-
Back