Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am not going to get too picky on this scamp because it is my ilegitamate child anyways because I bought it when I wasn't even supposed to be buying cars. I had to justify in my mind 500 bucks plus 100 to have it delivered, which took me a whole 5 seconds to justify.
Easy to pull the trigger on that one.

Great. Body shop called.
They just did a bunch of work on a car including rad. Its not air locked, water pump is working and its overheating.
Now it falls in my lap.
I have enough work this week.
I need a bigger shop.

Well crap. I ordered the wrong carb adapter for the poly :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Tomorrow begins the remodel of the master bathroom. 7 am and they will start the two week process of finally fixing the one issue that almost kept me from buying this house.

Stupid builders, shoving the toilet into what was supposed to be a linen closet just so they could add an “upgrade” of a Jaccuzi tub.

D8B40C5E-38FA-4390-837F-503EA7140D0A.jpeg

Tomorrow begins the remodel of the master bathroom. 7 am and they will start the two week process of finally fixing the one issue that almost kept me from buying this house.

Stupid builders, shoving the toilet into what was supposed to be a linen closet just so they could add an “upgrade” of a Jaccuzi tub.

View attachment 1715181232

a lot of newer homes are being built with the toilet in a very small space like that, even in a large bathroom area. More thought is given to grooming and bathing than pooping. I have seen a lot of houses with the toilet in a smaller closet than that with a big overhead fan, with a huge bath tub and grooming area with a big mirror

a lot of newer homes are being built with the toilet in a very small space like that, even in a large bathroom area. More thought is given to grooming and bathing than pooping. I have seen a lot of houses with the toilet in a smaller closet than that with a big overhead fan, with a huge bath tub and grooming area with a big mirror
This one is extra stupid. You can’t even close the door without it hitting your knees. The door is only 28” wide and the toilet has only 6” on each side to the wall. You have to get up, walk out of the space and then turn around so you can go back in to flush it. :BangHead:

This one is extra stupid. You can’t even close the door without it hitting your knees. The door is only 28” wide and the toilet has only 6” on each side to the wall. You have to get up, walk out of the space and then turn around so you can go back in to flush it. :BangHead:
:rofl::rofl:

Send it back.....
I'm going too. It came Saturday so i just now got to trying it. But now I'm doubting what I read about these intakes. I don't think it's a WCFB pattern after all

View attachment 1715181232
So what is the fix??
Are you going to open up the closet into a bigger space or re-locate the toilet ??

So what is the fix??
Are you going to open up the closet into a bigger space or re-locate the toilet ??
Relocating the toilet and reclaiming the linen closet. The Jacuzzi tub is being removed to make the space to put the toilet. The tub leaks and we don’t need or want it anyway.

Relocating the toilet and reclaiming the linen closet. The Jacuzzi tub is being removed to make the space to put the toilet. The tub leaks and we don’t need or want it anyway.
your castle so you gotta do what makes you happy

This is the tub we are removing. The space it takes is nearly 8’ x 8’ (minus the angled part).

6DA0BC83-5A84-44FD-B103-C0C8B1AE9CBB.jpeg

The bathroom is 15’ x 14’ and the builders shoved the toilet in a closet. Stupid.

The bathroom remodelers I am using have removed 20 of these whirlpool tubs in high end bathroom remodels in the last year. In every case, either the shower and/or toilet area has been sacrificed for the damn tub. Since I already have a good sized shower (44” x 68”) this remodel is fairly easy.

2D573C78-415C-4C2D-A23E-B62F0479E6AB.jpeg

Although not to scale, this gives you some idea what the remodel will look like...

B953057F-C03D-4577-839F-E14BE865C052.jpeg

Wife comes home tomorrow!
The Dog will sure be happy.
My last decent night’s sleep.

-
Back