Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The frame is in excellent condition. After I pulled the trim off last night, I do remember that the guy tore my gasket when he was pulling the rope out. But that was on the inside portion. I think its just a messed up installation and needs to be redone.

Thinking more... when the glass was set into place. The installer had me go around and push the gasket onto the glass which pulled it away from the frame. Its still seated onto the frame and in place, but I just wonder by how much. He also did not provide the windshield I wanted, and showed up with a different brand (I cant remember the name now). I wonder if that other brand, was slightly smaller glass. I dont remember that much movement in the glass/gasket, when I installed the OE glass.

The frame is in excellent condition. After I pulled the trim off last night, I do remember that the guy tore my gasket when he was pulling the rope out. But that was on the inside portion, still. I think its just a messed up installation and needs to be redone.
I spent many hours in my car either during heavy storms or with a water hose running over it to check for leaks. Between glass, doors, cowl... I was obsessed with it for quite a while. :realcrazy: Before I put the carpet in, I actually dusted the firewall with flour to find where it was running down cause I had puddles in the floor pans with no trace of where it got in. :BangHead:

I spent many hours in my car either during heavy storms or with a water hose running over it to check for leaks. Between glass, doors, cowl... I was obsessed with it for quite a while. :realcrazy: Before I put the carpet in, I actually dusted the firewall with flour to find where it was running down cause I had puddles in the floor pans with no trace of where it got in. :BangHead:
Did you eventually get it all sealed up?

I'm almost afraid to say it... YES.
Now I better go check. Crazy rain last night... LOL
:lol:

With the old glass in, I didnt have any leaks, in the front, but the rear I had a slight leak. I just could not see anymore while driving into the sun because of all the pits and it was starting to de-laminate.

I would love to know what my trash guys are doing this week... I had a recycle bin and 3 bags out.
I did not see it, but I think they emptied the recycle bin and took one bag on first stop (Some of their trucks are set up for both trash and recycle. ) Then they took a second bag sometime yesterday. Finally picked up the last bag just now. :wtf:

That seems like a lot of extra work to keep coming back for. Or perhaps job security hahaha
They are often a day late on a holiday week, so no surprise they ran late. But somethin screwy going on...At first I thought someone stole a bag of my trash :eek:

@straightlinespeed you need to have a second hand spray the car with water while you're inside, looking for where it's coming in
I had the wife help this morning. Drivers side is coming in right above the fuse block, that is where the guy tore the gasket. Passenger side its tracking down a seam that is above the heater box, which I cant see the starting point. Trunk is in both corners, but it looks like there is pleanty of sealant and Im stumped to how its getting in.

@straightlinespeed you need to have a second hand spray the car with water while you're inside, looking for where it's coming in
This one is at a good angle to hold the sprayer...:rolleyes:
643x0w.jpg

I had the wife help this morning. Drivers side is coming in right above the fuse block, that is where the guy tore the gasket. Passenger side its tracking down a seam that is above the heater box, which I cant see the starting point. Trunk is in both corners, but it looks like there is pleanty of sealant and Im stumped to how its getting in.
From my obsessive leak checking... I had similar that were not the glass. The flange was rotted right under my cowl drains so water came out of the cowl and right back in, down the inside of both sides in kick panel area. Wiper pivots leaked through the center before I added grease zerks. Firewal flange was pinch/spot welded with seam sealer in it. Had some of that come out. I used a good bit of Blackjack Neoprene roof sealer and the butyl rope seal from the window to seal hard to get spots. The back- Had water coming in the quarter glass, and from the single screw that hols the canopy vinyl trim -down the back of the wheelwell humps into the trunk- looked like it was back glass

Anyone in here have a really good grasp of two cycle engines? I've got an almost brand new, very nice Troy built I got last fall, used it twice. Well I drained the gas before putting it away for the winter, but apparently I didn't get all of it out of the carb as it was gummed up badly. Would only run with the choke fully on. So I took it all apart, completely rebuilt and cleaned the entire fuel system. Same problem. Suggestions before I toss it and go buy a new one?

Fine trip it was to KCRP last night. Best Modified race I've seen in a long time. No yellows, top 5 cars scrapping for all 30 laps. Bonus, go to the dirt track Friday night, get FREE ticket to the asphalt track for Saturday night. That free ticket has been calling me from the pickup all morning. Annnd, $5 beer night :rolleyes:. I could hear the Late Models and the other asphalt cars practicing during intermissions. Glad I made the trip. Jury is still out on returning tonight :rofl:

Anyone in here have a really good grasp of two cycle engines? I've got an almost brand new, very nice Troy built I got last fall, used it twice. Well I drained the gas before putting it away for the winter, but apparently I didn't get all of it out of the carb as it was gummed up badly. Would only run with the choke fully on. So I took it all apart, completely rebuilt and cleaned the entire fuel system. Same problem. Suggestions before I toss it and go buy a new one?
Iffn it was gummed up,and you took it apart and cleaned it,any chance you missed cleaning the screen? Looks like a welch plug,but its a super fine mesh.
Pull carb off and soak it in a cup of sea foam.

Iffn it was gummed up,and you took it apart and cleaned it,any chance you missed cleaning the screen? Looks like a welch plug,but its a super fine mesh.
Pull carb off and soak it in a cup of sea foam.
Yep, I got the screen. I took the carb apart again, soaking it in the sea foam. So we'll see

so the Hamtramck historical guy is saying that my transmission for sure came from an E-body.

So either there was a car that got trashed and they saved the transmission out of it or there is a car like one of these roaming around somewhere without its original 4 speed.

its probably JS23?1B150238 OR BS23?1B150238

7614_9_low_res.png

local-rides-71-cuda-440-6-pack-5.jpg

so the Hamtramck historical guy is saying that my transmission for sure came from an E-body.

So either there was a car that got trashed and they saved the transmission out of it or there is a car like one of these roaming around somewhere without its original 4 speed.

its probably JS23?1B150238 OR BS23?1B150238

View attachment 1715182874

View attachment 1715182875
My guess is the former. If you're set on finding the car or trying too, might check the E body registry and see if it happens to be there. But odds are, that car is long gone

-
Back