Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
not sure when they started making chinesium tools...:( Really hope Stanley brings them back to higher quality.

Have seen Crapsman in our Lowes here already. Just wonder what that means for Kobalt. Didn't someone say Kobalt is somehow affiliated with StrapOn?

Good Morning
Danaher owns Kobalt tools and also owns Matco Tools.

Danaher owns Kobalt tools and also owns Matco Tools.
Just did a quick look around the interweb... Looks like it changed owners again in 2011 to J S Williams. What is really interesting to me is Husky (Home Depot) is a Stanley brand and now Craftsman is Stanley and in Lowes among other places. That's a VERY strategic move on their part.

Just did a quick look around the interweb... Looks like it changed owners again in 2011 to J S Williams. What is really interesting to me is Husky (Home Depot) is a Stanley brand and now Craftsman is Stanley and in Lowes among other places. That's a VERY strategic move on their part.
On the professional parts side, Danaher , also owns the K-D specialty tool name, and Easco hand tools. That happened 25 years ago...

Last edited:
Sounds like Stanley is expanding into every area of DIY stuff. Nice but the question is, do they risk becoming a monopoly at some point? I mean there's already talk of busting Amazon up as one.

On the professional parts side, Danaher , also owns the K-D specialty tool name, and Easco hand tools. That happened 25 years ago...
What a mess. LOL Looks like KD is part of Gearwrench which is part of Apex. Easco was making Craftsman. Danaher merged some tool brands including Cooper to form Apex. Killed the Easco name and sold off Apex around 2010-2012...

What a mess. LOL Looks like KD is part of Gearwrench which is part of Apex. Easco was making Craftsman. Danaher merged some tool brands including Cooper to form Apex. Killed the Easco name and sold off Apex around 2010-2012...
Just like an onion, lots of layers but all just part of the same onion.

A lot like Banks, the big fish eat the little fish.. Pretty much the same, in any industry now.....

I'm one that sold to Big Corporate America...I did it before it was fashionable and risky. Glad I did.. But I was smart enough to buy and keep all the Commercial Real Estate....:thumbsup:

I have a question for the real estate gurus. Are there any here?
Is it better to own 100 percent of one property with a value of 500 grand, or own two properties at 50 percent owned, worth 500 grand each? Both rented at 2200 a month.

Is it better to own 100 percent of one property with a value of 500 grand, or own two properties at 50 percent owned, worth 500 grand each? Both rented at 2200 a month.
:popcorn: dont know but curious

It’s a bit complicated and depends a lot on the expense structure.

It’s a bit complicated and depends a lot on the expense structure.
After expenses, clear 15k a year on the one that is paid off. After taxes, and all association fees, and expenses to have it managed and rented.

-
Back