Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
After expenses, clear 15k a year on the one that is paid off. After taxes, and all association fees, and expenses to have it managed and rented.
I can get 3 percent mortgages on both for 250grand each.

After expenses, clear 15k a year on the one that is paid off. After taxes, and all association fees, and expenses to have it managed and rented.
Is that $15k net after paying your personal taxes on the gains?

Well, that makes about a 4% annual return on equity. You might do better to mortgage up the properties to max expense limit and let the revenue cover costs. Then remove the equity and put it into the market and get 7% return or better.

The equity in the properties will slowly grow and market price increases of the property values make it a nice investment while you maximize returns on the equity you have now.

Made my mind up, the two units is not the way to go for me at this time....Keep the one paid off.

Well, that makes about a 4% annual return on equity. You might do better to mortgage up the properties to max expense limit and let the revenue cover costs. Then remove the equity and put it into the market and get 7% return or better.

The equity in the properties will slowly grow and market price increases of the property values make it a nice investment while you maximize returns on the equity you have now.
Not thinking of the stock market.....I think this is a good thought....

but real estate is less volatile... in this, to me at least, uncertain market...

Tim, what you were talking about depends upon many variables. I do think, you are better off staying with the one investment property. If you want to do another later, use funds from elsewhere. Home Eq, Savings, Bond maturity, Etc. JMHO

Tim, what you were talking about depends upon many variables. I do think, you are better off staying with the one investment property. If you want to do another later, use funds from elsewhere. Home Eq, Savings, Bond maturity, Etc. JMHO
I have made mistakes in the past, while there was still time to recover from my mistakes. Now I have to be more careful, Not too many financial windfalls are in my future I am afraid...

I have made mistakes in the past, while there was still time to recover from my mistakes. Now I have to be more careful, Not too many financial windfalls are in my future I am afraid...
I think most of us have made mistakes like that at some point.

Only you can decide what works best for you. I was just presenting an option.

The bathroom remodel is done. Just need to let the paint dry and then I can install the toilet paper holder and towel bar.

28EB1036-3881-455F-9C12-2C76F90EDC49.jpeg

If it were me, I would cut the base board so the corner cabinet sits flush with the wall. JMO. Looks good tho...
I thought about it, but it isn’t as noticeable in person as it is the the pic. Figure I will live with it for a while before deciding.

Maybe you can unscrew the top, move it back, then refasten. Top would be flush then...

-
Back