Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
engine 286.jpg
is that for a 273??

I am guessing pre-67 because of the small cone on the top so it wont take a pie tin
Yes Hypo 273. 65-67

Yes Hypo 273. 65-67
to this day ...I have never had a 273.

I have had 3 273 cars but by the time I got them, either a 318 resided or nothing at all. The 273 can be elusive, At least to me.

I have only seen one in person and it wasn't for sale.

:)

I have had 3 273 cars but by the time I got them, either a 318 resided or nothing at all. The 273 can be elusive, At least to me.

I know where there is a few in a junkyard near me. I'll find out what he'd want and let you know

I have a 67 barracuda that by vin number should be the HP 273 four barrel. But when I got it, it has a 360 and the previous owner gave up on it because it had a "mean vibration that would shake the dash"

Upon my own inspection, after I got it home......I found that he had put the 360 in and used a neutral balance flywheel which is where I think the described vibration is coming from.

They are small but mighty. I wish I had a video going this weekend when 3 of us caravanned to the car show. Toby in his late model Hemi Dodge pick up, Mopar Joe with his 475 horse powered 70 Super Bee, and me folling up with my 273-4 barrell 4 speed 66 Dart. We were passing cars on the 2 lane roads and I didn't downshift. Just romp on the gas, kick in the secondaries and blast past the car or truck going 60. There wasn't anything that they did that I couldn't do with my little 273. And I got just a tick less than 18 mpg on the trip home running 60+ on the interstate.

is that correct, or even a good thing to have the negative battery cable on the exhaust.

I would think the heat could be a problem and I have always seen then on the block, never the ex. manifold

but again, I am no 273 person so I don't know
That's a dilema. Intake bolt or exhaust stud. I chose the exhaust stud. I should poke around and see what is correct. Good question!

I have a 67 barracuda that by vin number should be the HP 273 four barrel. But when I got it, it has a 360 and the previous owner gave up on it because it had a "mean vibration that would shake the dash"

Upon my own inspection, after I got it home......I found that he had put the 360 in and used a neutral balance flywheel which is where I think the described vibration is coming from.
Non Mopar guy? :lol:

That's a dilema. Intake bolt or exhaust stud. I chose the exhaust stud. I should poke around and see what is correct. Good question!

I could be wrong but I believe the negative cable goes in the circle. Pretty sure the bolt that goes there is a relatively shallow bolt.

engine 286 - Copy.jpg

Maybe I’m finally getting good enough at this digital art to think about starting a business with it and get paid for the stuff.

7C71E395-0347-46F2-9C7D-455B945ABC89.jpeg

That's cool. Looks like 66 but I can't enlarge for detail unless I fuss a bit. My 66 is in the storage garage but tomorrow I hope to check that bolt hole out. My 273 does have 2 different head numbers because of a previous issue and it doesn't look like mine is threaded.

If it is not, I see ones without that spot use the intake bolt on that side. Never saw one on the exhaust bolt.
But my cable wasn't that long. Wal Mart doesn't have that good of a selection! LOL :rofl::rofl:

-
Back