Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ya know... I wish those people that post the -- Would you live here for 3 months with no internet & no phone for $100,000 to $1,000,000? questions showing a place on a lake, mountain, beach, whatever... would actually follow through with the money when I say yes!!! :soapbox::rofl:

Deciding what to do... Kind beat from work. Our core cutting machine has been down, so we have to cut all the label cores to length on the lathe in the shop. Not difficult, but standing there taking them on and off is tiring. I won't sit around and do nothing till I go to work. So I think I might go paint for a couple hours. Mostly trim work at this point. If I stay at the house I will end up doing deck repairs. Hmmm, Painting sounds easier...

Ya know... I wish those people that post the -- Would you live here for 3 months with no internet & no phone for $100,000 to $1,000,000? questions showing a place on a lake, mountain, beach, whatever... would actually follow through with the money when I say yes!!! :soapbox::rofl:
Who's offering that? Hell, just pay my bills while I'm gone and I'm in!

OK I'm back from the shop....
Mitch no Carlisle passes here yet either...
Wife REALLY enjoyed MOPARS in the Park and so looking forward now to Carlisle.
She thought @toolmanmike was such a nice guy....have to check her character judgment some time. :D

OK I'm back from the shop....
Mitch no Carlisle passes here yet either...
Wife REALLY enjoyed MOPARS in the Park and so looking forward now to Carlisle.
She thought @toolmanmike was such a nice guy....have to check her character judgment some time. :D
Wait till she meets the East coast crew...:lol:

Wait till she meets the East coast crew...:lol:
wait-till-they-a85yo5.jpg

Hey guys, off to the airport. Sister in law is going to Tel Avie. She is a plant propagator. Later all....Getting my 69 back soon...Can't tell accident ever happened.

So... a regular customer calls me, and says his transmission is leaking on his 05 2500 Chevy. Also says, a buddy did brake work on it, and the pedal is spongy. So he has it towed here. I go to move it inside, no start, someone left the dome light on. It was delivered to my culdesac at the top of my driveway. So I walk to the garage and get the jump box. I start it, and push the brake to put it in gear..WTF... pedal goes to the floor. Truck does not move, in gear. Now its raining. I walk back to the shop to get trans fluid and a funnel. I add 3 qts fluid. Now I gotta be careful cause my driveway is steep. So I get it started and it barely moves forward in gear, AND.... I use ONLY the emergency brake to get it down the hill, by my shop. I was able to get it down, without hitting anything. I left it outside cause I had another vehicle inside, And its raining pretty good. Yesterday I was going to bring it in, so I put more fluid in it. Still no move in reverse, so I can back it up to get it in. I look under it. Fluid is runnin out as fast as I put it in. Without climbing under it, I can see fluid coming near the oil pan where the lines cross over. Ok fine. Now I gotta wait for help/manpower to get it in. So I got some help last night to get it in. Left it... Looked under it this morning. I see ATF leaks, Brake fluid , gasoline, antifreeze, all under the truck....WTF ????
Haven't even put it up yet, but I'll bet many steel lines under this truck are rusted through. AND...it's only got 105K on it... It's gonna cost this guy a LOT of money for my trouble....LOL

So... a regular customer calls me, and says his transmission is leaking on his 05 2500 Chevy. Also says, a buddy did brake work on it, and the pedal is spongy. So he has it towed here. I go to move it inside, no start, someone left the dome light on. It was delivered to my culdesac at the top of my driveway. So I walk to the garage and get the jump box. I start it, and push the brake to put it in gear..WTF... pedal goes to the floor. Truck does not move, in gear. Now its raining. I walk back to the shop to get trans fluid and a funnel. I add 3 qts fluid. Now I gotta be careful cause my driveway is steep. So I get it started and it barely moves forward in gear, AND.... I use ONLY the emergency brake to get it down the hill, by my shop. I was able to get it down, without hitting anything. I left it outside cause I had another vehicle inside, And its raining pretty good. Yesterday I was going to bring it in, so I put more fluid in it. Still no move in reverse, so I can back it up to get it in. I look under it. Fluid is runnin out as fast as I put it in. Without climbing under it, I can see fluid coming near the oil pan where the lines cross over. Ok fine. Now I gotta wait for help/manpower to get it in. So I got some help last night to get it in. Left it... Looked under it this morning. I see ATF leaks, Brake fluid , gasoline, antifreeze, all under the truck....WTF ????
Haven't even put it up yet, but I'll bet many steel lines under this truck are rusted through. AND...it's only got 105K on it... It's gonna cost this guy a LOT of money for my trouble....LOL
dang.

speaking of leaking Chevy's... this happened last night on the way home from work. Talking to the guy, he said he'd been having to pour ATF into it daily, I bet the ATF leaked on to something hot and caught fire.

FIRE.JPG

dang.

speaking of leaking Chevy's... this happened last night on the way home from work. Talking to the guy, he said he'd been having to pour ATF into it daily, I bet the ATF leaked on to something hot and caught fire.

View attachment 1715183952
Sometimes thats the best way to fix some stuff.

Customer calls all bent out of shape. Battery in car is dead.
It was recently replaced along with alternator.
I had nothing to do with either.
I diagnosed a bad alternator about 8 months ago, took it elsewhere to get it changed.
Calls, says car has to be reset after replacing battery.
Thats what his buddy said.
Ya, he is about to be told to go jump in the lake too.

Customer calls all bent out of shape. Battery in car is dead.
It was recently replaced along with alternator.
I had nothing to do with either.
I diagnosed a bad alternator about 8 months ago, took it elsewhere to get it changed.
Calls, says car has to be reset after replacing battery.
Thats what his buddy said.
Ya, he is about to be told to go jump in the lake too.
tell him to take it back to the place to have it changed and make them fix it.

Aparrently ford has a battery monitor system that needs to be reset after computer replacement or battery replacement. But it has to do with running accessories for extended periods.

Dang!^^^ looks like one had been "replaced"
Yeahh, after I called him with the bad news, he told me that someone had replaced only 2 lines, a couple a years ago. Now he's got all the rest of the brake lines leaking, along with the trans cooler lines and fuel tank lines...:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Hahaha, AND... the last brake line repair was done with COMPRESSION UNIONS.....LOL...LOL...

-
Back