Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Compression unions on brake lines. And all this time i have been fighting with a tool to make inverted flares. Step above rubber hose and clamp i guess.

Would sure like to find a good deal on a hydraulic flaring kit.

20180605_123130.jpg
I could be wrong but I believe the negative cable goes in the circle. Pretty sure the bolt that goes there is a relatively shallow bolt.

View attachment 1715183623
@Rainy Day Auto , I checked it out. The drivers side head doesn't have a threaded boss for the ground cable. The hole in the back of the head is threaded though. As I said, one of the original heads was replaced at one time.

New customer.
Didnt get enough parts, now i have them, and one is boxed wrong. Two visits and car isnt fixed.

Hi Tike and Dave

I got the parts Cleared tonight. Its a bit humid and had 2 runs that ended up blending in for the most part. The tires also arrived, I have to figure out how to read the date code on them. Any idea?

Hi Tike and Dave

I got the parts Cleared tonight. Its a bit humid and had 2 runs that ended up blending in for the most part. The tires also arrived, I have to figure out how to read the date code on them. Any idea?

Each tire has a required Department of Transportation (DOT) number imprinted on at least one of its sidewalls. That number begins with the letters "DOT" and may contain up to 12 additional numbers and letters.

The first and last digits are the most important:

• The first two letters or numbers identify the tire’s manufacturer and plant code.
  • Prior to the year 2000, the last 3 digits of a DOT number represented the week (2 digits) and the year (1 digit) of production. So if the last three digits are 439, the tire was produced in the 43rd week of 1999.
  • Tires produced after January 1, 2000, have a 4-digit date code at the end of the DOT number. The first 2 digits represent the week of production and the last 2 digits represent the last 2 digits of the year of production. So, 3500 indicates the tire was produced in the 35th week of the year 2000.

I found another sears, but they didnt have hardly anything on the self for tools. I asked them about fixing mine and he opened a drawer and pulled out the repair kit for it. Rebuilt it and its good as new. I did end up picking up 2 sets of metric sockets 3/8" and 1/2" drive and by the time all said and done with points, coupons, etc.. I only paid $12 for 20 sockets. I thought that was a nice score.

I found another sears, but they didnt have hardly anything on the self for tools. I asked them about fixing mine and he opened a drawer and pulled out the repair kit for it. Rebuilt it and its good as new. I did end up picking up 2 sets of metric sockets 3/8" and 1/2" drive and by the time all said and done with points, coupons, etc.. I only paid $12 for 20 sockets. I thought that was a nice score.
Cool, I'd rather they rebuild my ratchets, but been a few years. Recent have only given a new tool.

I found another sears,
I found out today that we still have a Kmart! lol. Was over toward Lancaster near where I used to work and saw one still open. Might have to stop next time I am around there and see if they are fully stocked or looking like a pre closing sale. That's how our Sears is. Someone told me today they are closing now. Last I heard they were not on the list

I found out today that we still have a Kmart! lol. Was over toward Lancaster near where I used to work and saw one still open. Might have to stop next time I am around there and see if they are fully stocked or looking like a pre closing sale. That's how our Sears is. Someone told me today they are closing now. Last I heard they were not on the list
Im not sure of any Kmarts still open in this area. Our Sears that is closing is pretty picked over. We stopped in again last weekend to check things out. Im thinking of maybe grabbing the timing light with read out. It would be about $80 with there clearance, just not so sure about that one.

Im not sure of any Kmarts still open in this area. Our Sears that is closing is pretty picked over. We stopped in again last weekend to check things out. Im thinking of maybe grabbing the timing light with read out. It would be about $80 with there clearance, just not so sure about that one.
I have one of theirs. has advance, $70 regular price I believe. not a bad light, but had to return the first one, died after one use. this ones a couple years old now

-
Back