Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have this service bulletin as a pdf, wont let me upload it so I copied it here. @halifaxhops

Models: A11 1964 "V" Series Passenger Cars equipped with Automatic Transmission

SERVICE BULLETIN
CHRYSLER PLYMOUTH DODGE VALIANT DODGE FARGO TRUCKS

Number 1115
October 14, 1963
Group 18, transmission

This Bulletin outlines the procedures for the removal, installation and/or adjustment of the automatic transmission shift cable on the subject model passenger cars.

CABLE REMOVAL (TRANSMISSION END)

1. Push the reverse (R) button. into the latched position (push button shift) or place the selector lever in "PARK" position (console shift).

2. Remove the control cable to transmission adjusting wheel lock screw and pull the cable out of the transmission as far as possible. Back off the adjusting wheel a few turns for further clearance if necessary.

3. Insert a small screw driver above and slightly to the right of the cable and disengage the cable adapter lock spring by pushing the screw driver handle to the right while pulling outward on the cable. NOTE: Be most careful not to kink the cable.

CABLE INSTALLATION (TRANSMISSION END)

1. To facilitate cable installation, the transmission cable adapter should be all the way out in the first gear detent.

2. Back the adjusting wheel off on the cable housing (counter clockwise) to the full travel position.

3. Install the "0" ring seal. in the cable housing groove and lubricate the cable housing end with transmission fluid.

4. Have an assistant hold the reverse (R) button firmly depressed (push button shift) or place the selector lever in "PARK" position (console shift).

5. Insert the cable in the ~ transmission case. and push inward on the cable until the cable bottoms.

6. Pull out on the cable to make sure the spring lock is engaged.

CABLE ADJUSTMENT

1. Have an assistant depress the first (1) button and hold firmly (push button shift) or hold the selector lever in the first (1) gear position (console shift).

2. Hold the cable centered in its bore in the transmission case and pull outward on the cable with approximately two pounds force to bottom the manual lever in the "low" detent.

3. While maintaining this pull on the cable, rotate the adjusting wheel clockwise until. it just contacts the transmission case squarely.

4. Turn the adjusting wheel counter clockwise just enough to make the nearest hole in the wheel line up with the screw hole in the transmission case.

5. Counting this hole as number one, continue turning the wheel counter clockwise until the fifth hole lines up with the screw hole in the transmission case.

6. Push the cable and adjusting wheel, tight against the transmission case,install the lock screw and tighten to 75 inchpounds torque.

Please enter this Bulletin number and subject in the Shop Manual under group "TRANSMISSION".
R. M.Bannatyne
GENERAL SERVICE MANAGER

DATE OCT. 4/63

CHRYSLER CANADA LTD.

the parking cable is the easiest. It is the rear most cable that goes into a removable housing under the tail shaft. simply unbolt the parking brake housing from the transmission, pull it down. inside there will be an allen screw, unscrew the allen screw and push up (with in fact the same allen wrench) on the spring tab and pull the cable.

the gear selector cable sucks. be careful with that one as it is easy to kink it. Ask me how I learned that.

He wants the park cable, is it the same on a 727?
that i'm not sure on. I know the parking cables vary in length depending on engine. I know there is a slight length difference between the small blocks and big block cables. However, if he's putting it into another 65, it SHOULD still work. But I'm not 100% sure. All the pushbuttons I have are 727s. I need a 904 pb lol.

Shifter is out already some one asked for it then no payee!
not sure what you were asking for it, but put it on FBBO and depending on condition, I've seen them sell there for 2-4 hundred.

Let me get the trans out and pull it.
not sure what you were asking for it, but put it on FBBO and depending on condition, I've seen them sell there for 2-4 hundred.
200 shifter and the console the brackets could be cut out easy.

DSC02643.JPG
DSC02644.JPG
DSC02645.JPG
DSC02646.JPG
DSC02647.JPG

My cable shift trans is out on the bench. Park cable siezed. Not using it. Cutting floor away should make it easy.

Can prob just grab it and pull it is so rotted out.
ouch.

Nice looking shifter. with it being a floor shift, as long as he's using the cable to go to a floor shift, the length will be fine. its if he's trying to use it on a column shift 65 or a pushbutton shifter where he might have issues.

I commented. have him measure his cable, you measure yours. there's some adjustment built in to the cables so if any difference does exist, if it is slight enough, it should be able to be adjusted out

Thanks prob take the trans out tomorrow when I grab all the trim for a guy. Need to do distribs today.

Thanks prob take the trans out tomorrow when I grab all the trim for a guy. Need to do distribs today.
no problem. I really need to start that write up/guide for push buttons/cable trans.

-
Back