Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Rockin' out for my fans!

56FE22B1-3CAF-4ADA-839E-A5ECC8BBF0F1.jpeg

C1BC8201-E337-477F-9702-17769A2AF505.jpeg

74 years....

:usflag:

I had a Jr High history teacher that jumped on D-Day with the 82nd. He is one of the soldiers in the famous pic with Eisenhower with their faces all painted. He said Eisenhower had walked up and asked if there was anyone from Kansas, he and another soldier stepped up and talked to him for a few minutes.
Anyway on Veterans Day, or close to it, he'd bring his gear in with all his stuff, and tell great stories about D-Day. The highlight was him putting on all his stuff and doing a jump off the top of his desk. Makes me smile just typing this out, he was a great American, and loved his country. This stopped many years later when he jumped off and broke his ankle.

I had a Jr High history teacher that jumped on D-Day with the 82nd. He is one of the soldiers in the famous pic with Eisenhower with their faces all painted. He said Eisenhower had walked up and asked if there was anyone from Kansas, he and another soldier stepped up and talked to him for a few minutes.
Anyway on Veterans Day, or close to it, he'd bring his gear in with all his stuff, and tell great stories about D-Day. The highlight was him putting on all his stuff and doing a jump off the top of his desk. Makes me smile just typing this out, he was a great American, and loved his country. This stopped many years later when he jumped off and broke his ankle.
The greatest generation. Fought two world wars, put men into space, created the muscle car era.

i think i'll take my kids to this or one of the other several military events this weekend

Last edited:
I have big concerns on quality when they can't spell SQUARE

depending on how heavy said items to be strapped are.
said items = Sun machines

So maybe... how much do one of the machines weigh?
what's a henway? 'bout 3 pounds.

My guess is the nylon will break eventually... after it gets sun faded and jerked around once or twice.
fixed

if you want, I'll measure my cable and we can compare.

My cable is out on the bench. Not using it. should make it easy.

Can prob just grab it and pull it .

Uh, OK :eek:

I am out holy crap it is late to get started dam coffee thread!
but you were consulting with your research assistants:thumbsup:

Good Morning.

@halifaxhops after some extensive research, it appears that both the slant 6/904 pb gear select cable has the same part number as the 318 Poly/727 pb gear select OE P/N: 2266 403.

I have big concerns on quality when they can't spell SQUARE

said items = Sun machines

what's a henway? 'bout 3 pounds.

fixed

Uh, OK :eek:

but you were consulting with your research assistants:thumbsup:

Good Morning.

Morning to you too

Well....It looks like the transmission is done in this 06 2500 Chev. Hose fixed the trans leak, temporary, and added fluid. No reverse. Its facing in , in my shop. Tried to put it in neutral, and push it back out, but seems to be stuck in some gear, won't budge, Or maybe its too heavy for me?? Guess Ill wait for help. I can feel it has some forward motion, so my plan was to get it out , backwards and drive it forward, for him to tow outa here. I aint doin the trans in this, Dont need the hassle, or the money...I gots brake jobs to do...LOL

I think next year I may try to go to France for the 75th D-Day anniversary, probably be the last big event there that would have any surviving veterans.

I send the whole thing to the transmission guy. Wash my hands of it. Better money in brake jobs and parts are lighter.

Speaking of brake jobs, i have to do a service call. Courtesy car at body shop spir out a brake pad. See y’all later.

I send the whole thing to the transmission guy. Wash my hands of it. Better money in brake jobs and parts are lighter.
Exactly...Ill charge him for my time, and fluid, hose and clamps,,,AND....See Ya.....

Parts guy didnt order calipers.
Repeat service call tomorrow.

I've been working to hard the last couple days. Its 2pm, I'm giving myself the rest of the day off.

CE7ED1B5-C35B-49A6-AF2F-59E8A57BA129.jpeg
changed out a few deck boards. Still need to screw them down. Have lots of 2.5 inch, but only a few 3"- picked up a box on way to work.. I like to be at least as deep as the board is thick. Will do several more, but 4 is about as much as I can get in the Magnum with the hatch closed. Holley checking it out like :wtf: you doing Daddy?

DC326606-4559-418D-879E-A228D4724680.jpeg
Speaking of screws... Really impressed with how thes Deckmate screws looked after 9 years.

I love those Deckmate screws. I have used them on tons of outdoor projects and they hold up really well.
yep. its all we use on the farm anymore. and its a near impossibility to strip one too. worth every penny

also glad I did this- saw it suggested somewhere.. I put strips of rubber roof membrane over the joists before the top boards. like new under them. compare to the top of th cross braces that were not covered.If you look at the screws, the lower half on a lot of them looks new because it is sealed from where it passed through the rubber

93455016-22C1-4BB6-AFE6-203DEC381D11.jpeg

Last edited:
also glad I did this- saw it suggested somewhere.. I put strips of rubber roof membrane over the joists before the top boards. like new under them. compare to the top of th cross braces that were not covered.If you look at the screws, the lower half on a lot of them looks new because it is sealed from where it passed through the rubber

View attachment 1715184436
Yeah, that’s a good thing to do. They did the same thing here when we built the deck last year

-
Back