Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
On another note. I made an apt. tomorrow to get the tires installed on the wheels. I hope they dont chip the paint on them, that is making me nervous. Not that its show quality. I'll be sure to let them know to be careful with them.
Hope you know the owner personally,in this day and age, nobody gives a rats *** about someone’s wheels.
That being said, steelies are the easiest to mount tires on.

Make sure they use the machine for mag wheels. Those machines don’t touch the wheel except on the back to anchor it.

That I did not know, Thank you I'll ask them to do that!

Hope you know the owner personally,in this day and age, nobody gives a rats *** about someone’s wheels.
That being said, steelies are the easiest to mount tires on.

Nope, not in the metro area. Just taking them to discount tire.

Make sure they use the machine for mag wheels. Those machines don’t touch the wheel except on the back to anchor it.
Mine does not touch the wheel either. When it was new. But a new tire can cause things to happen.
Cant think why a tire shop would have a different machine for mags. They should have plastic guards to prevent marring. If they do nothing but tires they will likely have the latest and greatest im hoping.

So I've got to rant just a bit.

I really dislike it when someone only contacts you when they need something. about 8 year ago I installed a furnace and A/C for my ex mother in law. I've always liked her, and just wanted to help her out. Well fast forward to just last week. I get a message from her husband (not my ex's dad, she remarried). That the A/C was working great, but he got this hair up his butt to go and wash it out. Well since he did that it wont work, and he keeps asking me to come look at it. I dont mind helping diagnose things but I got rid of all my A/C tools and really cant help out anymore. Yet he expects me to come out and look at it. I've told him I would ask other people I know if they would want to swing by and everyone is busy now. I relay that back to him and he asks me ok, so when can you come out.. Seriously I dont have the stuff to diagnose your problem, call up a repair company... Grrr!
My guess is water fried a relay or solenoid

Mine does not touch the wheel either. When it was new. But a new tire can cause things to happen.
Cant think why a tire shop would have a different machine for mags. They should have plastic guards to prevent marring. If they do nothing but tires they will likely have the latest and greatest im hoping.
A lot of the shops around here still have several old hub and bar machines to do steel wheels and only one that does modern mag wheels. It depends on the store and how long they have been around. That why when you have a nice steel wheel, you need to ask for the mag machine if you want it done without wrecking the paint on the rim edge.

Instead of coffee, cold juicy watermelon.
The Fury is still in the shop, I miss it so much but better to have fuel AND ignition problems sorted out. Meanwhile I scored this headlight bezel, with all four of the decals intact, very hard to find. Do y'all think a sign place could duplicate them?

IMG_1520.JPG

The Fury is still in the shop, I miss it so much but better to have fuel AND ignition problems sorted out. Meanwhile I scored this headlight bezel, with all four of the decals intact, very hard to find. Do y'all think a sign place could duplicate them?

View attachment 1715184515
Possibly, but it’s hard to recreate because of the three dimensional aspect of the application. If you could find a original decal that hadn’t been applied, then sure.

I might be able to recreate it with a bunch of measurements, but it would take some trial and error with paper cutout templates to get it fine tuned.

I’d be willing to try. PM me if you want to give it a go.

I was sure Dave would have an answer.
My thoughts were an old part,where tape could be applied and trimmed.then peeled off and laid flat to measure.

I use this with sheet metal to lay out complex curves or bends. I use 2 layers of duct tape. Peel it off and slice it to lay flat.

Thanks Dave! That is most kind of you to offer. I am going to bring it into a couple places tomorrow morning and see what they say, maybe having the piece in front of them will make it easier than trying to do it by measurements. There are 8 decals in all...seems like a strange and non-durable idea Mopar had.

I don't want to damage the ones I have.

^^^^Man that looks refreshing on a hot summer night. Very good to see you getting to do new things now that you are retired.

Well wife asked a few minutes ago what I had planned today. I got nothing planned. I've been on the Go Go for the last few weeks and I need a down day, and today is that day.

Ray you got most all your Sun machines and stuff ready for Carlisle??

Wish I could take one off been burning the candle at both ends. I am seriously doubting the truck and the trailer will be done in time. The promised help has not been here that much. Took me half the day to get the receiver hitch on, just could not hold it up right and of course I have a trans jack that had to be fixed to do it. Was not to happy yesterday. Kind of wish the body store opened at 6 I would be back early have to get some more psa strips! Just running out of time about a month behind here. Daughter just pmd me asked if she could use the shop. Think I am the only one that will use it from now on, I have to be there.

View attachment 1715184515
Yes ...

-
Back