Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
One reason i decided not to put the oe trans back in mine. And to get rid of ball/trunnion. The park cable is stuck, but shift cable still moves.
honestly, I kind of like the ball and trunion. its easy to rebuild. I don't know why people hate them so much

Dont hate them. Its the fact trans needed overhaul,cable is stuck and B/T needed rebuilding.
Too many thing to suck up my budget. Had the 904 to rebuild,and traded for a driveshaft for the barracuda. Already converted to slip yoke.

Golfball sized hail yesterday 20 miles south of here. Boy that sucks.

Dont hate them. Its the fact trans needed overhaul,cable is stuck and B/T needed rebuilding.
Too many thing to suck up my budget. Had the 904 to rebuild,and traded for a driveshaft for the barracuda. Already converted to slip yoke.
I wasnt just talking about you. people around the web seem to hate those things

honestly, I kind of like the ball and trunion. its easy to rebuild. I don't know why people hate them so much
Hahaha. I bought a 65 Barracuda , when I was 16. Brought it home. My Father was furious because it had a bad vibration. Told me I got screwed. I found out, it was the trunion, so I removed the shaft and rebuilt it.. My first experience with a driveshaft.. Rolled that car on the Washington Beltway..LOL

Morning Mitch, heck of a story. I think most people just dont get how to rebuild them. they think swapping a u joint is easier when it really not much more involved.

Wish I could take one off been burning the candle at both ends.
None stop here. Winter hung on too long and now its just one thing after another. Getting to strip the Duster was good but took a lot of time running and then cleaning up parts. Now swapping parts on my car and trying to sell some. Then the mower went catywampus. Have that near back together just in time cause it needs mowed again. Starting deck repairs. And, oh yeah -I go to work every day!
Then I remembered the daughter borrowed it last year, guess what they sold it on the truck!
:wtf::soapbox::BangHead:

I did get my show spot paid for the Duster to go to Carlisle. :thumbsup: I want to get a few pieces of trim swapped before then and try to sell some of the extras. I got some stuff up on CL. (car and house) So far the only thing I sold is the steel handrail I removed from the back steps when I built the deck 9 years ago.

I did get my show spot paid for the Duster to go to Carlisle. :thumbsup: I want to get a few pieces of trim swapped before then and try to sell some of the extras. I got some stuff up on CL. (car and house) So far the only thing I sold is the steel handrail I removed from the back steps when I built the deck 9 years ago.
nice!

Going to put up a 30x30 or 40 garage/shop with a lift out back for the two old cars. I was initially going to do wood, but now think I'll go metal. It will be insulated with heating and AC.

We have a guy nearby that worked for Morton for years, and then went out on his own. A friend who's family (big family) said over the years the guy has put up 30 or so buildings for them. He'll build it like you want it, whereas Morton is pick a design and that's what you get.

I think I want a small loft for storage and a "office" for tv, beer frig, etc...
Any experiences or input is appreciated.

Going to put up a 30x30 or 40 garage/shop with a lift out back for the two old cars. I was initially going to do wood, but now think I'll go metal. It will be insulated with heating and AC.

We have a guy nearby that worked for Morton for years, and then went out on his own. A friend who's family (big family) said over the years the guy has put up 30 or so buildings for them. He'll build it like you want it, whereas Morton is pick a design and that's what you get.

I think I want a small loft for storage and a "office" for tv, beer frig, etc...
Any experiences or input is appreciated.

Best advice, get the highest grade concrete possible. standard residential/garage grade doesn't usually meet the tensile strength recommended for two post lifts. and go thick, 8 inch minimum. FBi buildings is a decent design your own building company.

Design Your Own Pole Barn | FBi Buildings

Kentucky Steel Buildings is another one, they sell custom metal pole barns but instead of wood trusses etc, they use Steel trusses for not much more.

Best advice, get the highest grade concrete possible. standard residential/garage grade doesn't usually meet the tensile strength recommended for two post lifts. and go thick, 8 inch minimum. FBi buildings is a decent design your own building company.

Design Your Own Pole Barn | FBi Buildings

Kentucky Steel Buildings is another one, they sell custom metal pole barns but instead of wood trusses etc, they use Steel trusses for not much more.
Yep knew about the extra thick concrete needed. I'll look through the designs...thanks.

Yep knew about the extra thick concrete needed. I'll look through the designs...thanks.
I like their design your own program. You can put your car inside to see what things look like.

Going to put up a 30x30 or 40 garage/shop with a lift out back for the two old cars.
Seems garages can never be big enough. (Yes the word garages is in there.):thumbsup:
Best advice, get the highest grade concrete possible. standard residential/garage grade doesn't usually meet the tensile strength recommended for two post lifts. and go thick, 8 inch minimum
If I recall correctly...Hoppy had his floor thicker just where the lift stands.

-
Back