Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Same here on 5the hill with 300 oaks on it, many roots and rocks

View attachment 1715185804

One time I cut down some small 1 - 1/2" diameter trees that started growing and then hit one of the stumps later with a mower and killed the crank.... I couldn't believe that the small stump could bend the crank that bad.... :BangHead:

I went around the yards last year in the spring and painted all of the bad ones orange to mark them so it's easier for me to see and avoid them....

One time I cut down some small 1 - 1/2" diameter trees that started growing and then hit one of the stumps later with a mower and killed the crank.... I couldn't believe that the small stump could bend the crank that bad.... :BangHead:

I went around the yards last year in the spring and painted all of the bad ones orange to mark them so it's easier for me to see and avoid them....
Did the same here, and flagged a few , a must do , glad I don't have to mow very much because the shade from the tree's slow that chit down :thumbsup:

Hey @MOPARMITCH my Dad was a Huey pilot in VN Jan-Dec 69. Flew out of DaNang.
He was shot down once near the DMZ, but lucky for him he landed and had a load full of SF guys.
They were out for a couple days, but all survived for another day.

Last edited:
I will soon be revealing some new work to the shop, you are not going to believe the deal I got from a lady near by :D:D

Did the same here, and flagged a few , a must do , glad I don't have to mow very much because the shade from the tree's slow that chit down :thumbsup:

Yeah, I like to mow every two weeks...

Lawn services like to come every week whether it needs it or not so they can charge you...

I take care of mine and the neighbor next door... She's an older lady and her family has been in the house since the early 70's... She took it over when her dad passed away, so I help her out and mow the lawn and clear the snow off the driveway during the summer and winter... I let her give me what $$$ she can... I earn a little money and she saves some by not having to pay a lawn service....

My yard takes 3 tank fulls, hers takes 4.... The mower tank holds about 1/4 gallon....

Hey @MOPARMITCH my Dad was a Huey pilot in VN Jan-Dec 69. Flew out of DaNang.
He was shot down once near the DMZ, but lucky for him he landed and had a load full of SF guys.
They were out for a couple days, but all survived for another day.
My Dad was at Nha Trang from Sept 68- Sept 69..Looks like their paths didn't cross.....I made sure to visit Nha Trang, when I was in VN. The Airbase is abandoned now, but I was able to see it from , almost next door and high up in a condo. Took a bunch of pics...

I wasn't able to keep up with back reading this week with all of my work hours...

Did I miss anything important???

My Dad was at Nha Trang from Sept 68- Sept 69..Looks like their paths didn't cross.....I made sure to visit Nha Trang, when I was in VN. The Airbase is abandoned now, but I was able to see it from , almost next door and high up in a condo. Took a bunch of pics...

My dad got out of the Navy somewhere between late 66 and early 67 just at the beginning of Nam.... Lucky he didn't see any of the heavy fighting...

5 gallons minimum every cutting.
Monday was 7 hours.
Was a long day.
Monday cutting again. But only 1/2 this time.

5 gallons minimum every cutting.
Monday was 7 hours.
Was a long day.
Monday cutting again. But only 1/2 this time.

I use a 21" Troy Bilt self propelled walk behind... Argh, argh, argh..... <Tim Allen grunt>...

It does a nice job and leaves the grass nice and even, like carpet...

I use a 21" Troy Bilt self propelled walk behind... Argh, argh, argh..... <Tim Allen grunt>...

It does a nice job and leaves the grass nice and even, like carpet...
I think TJ is on an old tractor he keeps running

-
Back