Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's where experience pays off. A vet who knows things like a test isn't worth it 'cause the treatment (or not) will be the same.

Spreading the load?
Huh?
Remember what we did yesterday?
Take your finger and start at the source of power.
Do you recall that's the alternator we said was producing power at 14.2 Volts?
Follow the path to the main distribution point.

After you've done that, answer:
How does that differ than MAD's current flow path?

Huh?

Here's both of them. Save you from searching (unless you saved them to your hard drive with notes. hint hint -actually wouldnt surprise me if you did :) )

MAD Diagram B
madb-running-jpg.jpg

A better plan. Not so mad, perhaps even sane. LOL.
madb-revised-direct-jpg.jpg

The main thing is getting current off of the bulk head connector
Too bad the manufacturers didn't use heavier gauge connectors to handle the load. GM had issues with their blower feed wiring when on high speed. They used a 10 gauge wire but ran it through a connector with the rest of the 14 and 16 gauge wires. I fixed many at the service desk with a butt connector. Snip, strip, crimp!

Too bad the manufacturers didn't use heavier gauge connectors to handle the load. GM had issues with their blower feed wiring when on high speed. They used a 10 gauge wire but ran it through a connector with the rest of the 14 and 16 gauge wires. I fixed many at the service desk with a butt connector. Snip, strip, crimp!
Agree. Built as cheap as possible . taxis had a unique setup .

My son is back from way up north.
His truck was parked at the airport for more than his 2 week permit,and they towed it. He was pissed!
Company will have to pay.
In a couple weeks he goes to school to finish his level 4 hd mechanic ticket, then hes got papers. That puts him 20 years ahead of me.

The main thing is getting current off of the bulk head connector
Actually my purpose here is to help Chris by giving him practice in comparing the diagrams the way he did yesterday. :welcome:
Lets let him work it out.
He did it yesterday he can do it today. :)

Huh?

What I mean is that you now have two lines, one from alternator to the battery with a 14 fa fusible link, one to through the bulk head to the fuse block, then back to the starter relay via a 16 fa fusible link. Thus you're not having the full flow of the Alternator going through the bulk head, essentially splitting the load?

What I mean is that you now have two lines, one from alternator to the battery with a 14 fa fusible link, one to through the bulk head to the fuse block, then back to the starter relay via a 16 fa fusible link. Thus you're not having the full flow of the Alternator going through the bulk head, essentially splitting the load?
Well...there are two paths to the main junction, as well as to the battery. So that is correct.
(The Main junction is not the fuse box in our cars, its a bunch of wires welded together, so we'll subtract a half point for that. )
Let's go back over the current flow path.
Remember in our scenario, the battery is fully charged. That's why the purple arrows representing current don't go to the battery in the top drawing.

Well...there are two paths to the main junction, as well as to the battery. So that is correct.
(the Main junction is not the fuse box in our cars, its a bunch of wires welded together.)
Remember in our scenario, the battery is fully charged. That's why the purple arrows representing current don't go to the battery in the top drawing.
You're the bestest teacher! Even tho I already knew the stuff, You present in a way that just plain makes sense. Good of you to help us dummies!

The ol' girl really does pull off some pretty cool **** from time to time... I have banned her from Pinterest and Hobby Lobby until November!
Around these parts there's an innocent looking store called A C Moore. Just beware in case they're down your way too...

So @ZMan67S liked the Rt 66 image of his Cuda so much that he asked if I could replace the car on the other side of the pumps with his ‘55.

Sure I can!

C8FF7234-8A44-41D9-9EF4-C413EB9A6776.jpeg

So lets fix this below by keeping in mind there's no power flowing into the battery.
you now have two lines, one from alternator to the battery with a 14 ga fusible link, one to through the bulk head to the fuse block, then back to the starter relay via a 16 fa fusible link.

Last edited:
So @ZMan67S liked the Rt 66 image of his Cuda so much that he asked if I could replace the car on the other side of the pumps with his ‘55.

Sure I can!

View attachment 1715218031
Some people in it would be cool IMO. I also realize this could be a major challenge.
Maybe just an armadillo or a scorpion in the subtly in the corners would be easier...

Some people in it would be cool IMO. I also realize this could be a major challenge.
Maybe just an armadillo or a scorpion in the subtly in the corners would be easier...
I don’t like to put people in it because it can become too busy and you lose the focus on the cars. Critters also don’t work well in these kinds of cartoonish images since they get lost in the resolution and become unrecognizable unless they are very large.

The only subtle thing I sometimes do to add a feeling of life is partly open the front door.

Like this one...

3AF7E2B0-6EFB-4F0B-8AD0-CAC3584C5E70.jpeg

Makes sense.
I think if people were in the background, they wouldn't distract. But you're the artist and you have to do what you think is right. I can also see how adding even background people could be very difficult to pull off without being distracting. It would be similar to the problem of framing a subject in a non-staged photo - but harder.

-
Back