Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Brush that grass with olive oil .. sprinkle on a little BBQ rub .. throw it on the last 20 minutes of the Tri Tip fire .. Good S$%^ there .. Or do it the opposite for hordeurvees

8 pm on Sunday our local rock station spins vinyl. They play a whole album including the cracks and pops. Tonight is Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon!

Turned out the little woman wasn't making okra afterall. She sauteed some asparagus in butter and garlic instead.. Not a bad option...
We used to have a large asparagus patch I planted in our back yard in Cincinnati. Every Spring we would get pounds of it.

There is nothing like taking fresh asparagus only 10 minutes old from Harvest and steaming for just a minute or two and eating with butter and a touch of salt.

Sometimes that, and some warm soft rolls was all I had for dinner...but most of the time there was a nice ribeye steak from the grill involved.

I miss that asparagus patch.

8 pm on Sunday our local rock station spins vinyl. They play a whole album including the cracks and pops. Tonight is Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon!

And so it begins. I need some mind altering drugs to get the full benefit here. :lol:

We used to have a large asparagus patch I planted in our back yard in Cincinnati. Every Spring we would get pounds of it.

There is nothing like taking fresh asparagus only 10 minutes old from Harvest and steaming for just a minute or two and eating with butter and a touch of salt.

Sometimes that, and some warm soft rolls was all I had for dinner...but most of the time there was a nice ribeye steak from the grill involved.

I miss that asparagus patch.
Are you allowed to put in a garden at your current place?
I know - its like 3 years for asparagus.... but its a thought..

Oh believe me, we talk about it regularly. We would have to create the right spot since asparagus likes it a bit boggy and mostly shady...and here on the granite ridge, it is hard to create.

We are seriously thinking about it though.

BA DUM DUM :rofl:Looks like one of my cocktail olives at the drums :rofl:
thumbs.gif
I steal the little smilie gifs from other boards that still have a good selection. More choices and the size doesn't break up the text.

I tried growing some once. It all died. I think it was sometime in the second year. Never tried again...

Oh believe me, we talk about it regularly. We would have to create the right spot since asparagus likes it a bit boggyand mostly shady...and here on the granite ridge, it is hard to create.

That does make it tougher.

Oh believe me, we talk about it regularly. We would have to create the right spot since asparagus likes it a bit boggy and mostly shady...and here on the granite ridge, it is hard to create.

I worked a flood control job in San Diego, right in the bottom of the Tijuana River which crosses the border. My little redi mix concrete plant was set up in the middle of a huge asparagus farm. All sand, only about 3 miles from the Pacific. I don't ever recall seeing them irrigate. Watch the harvest crews make their very predictable path through the fields :rolleyes: The day before they get to our area go out and fill a couple shopping bags full :rolleyes:. Not cut off underground like you get at the market. Just break it off with your hand and leave all that woody stuff in the ground :D Sooooo good. The stuff just grows like grass. Repopulates on it's own, but it's 2 or 3 years before it gets productive. We took the skip loader and cleared a pad for the plant in the middle of the field 3 acres worth just pushed up in a pile.

Not like i was trying, dam dog then indigestion.
So 04:00 it is. Makes for a long day.
Looks like some work this week, f150 blew out a spark plug, the boomerang. Need to get it in and fixed.
Another f150, misfiring.
Ever since i screwed in champions,it drops a plug or a coil. Or coincidence?
Always after heavy rains. I think he likes the big puddles.

Oh,ya- a/c guy flaked out on me.
I cant return jeep til job is complete.
F’er reads my texts and doesent reply.
Guess i need to find another guy.

That's exacdtly why I don't do side work. I used to do a ton of it no more, found another Nitch!

Those lenses get there in good shape finally? Also how much TARRIF did you have to pay out of curiosity?

Everything survived the trip.
$35.
Tax and service charge.

OUCH that is ridiculous for what was in there! This the tariff war with the us causing this?

Was talking to Fasenal the other day they do ship up there. Wonder if Customs checks that also. They said they have done boxes also. Just FYI

-
Back