Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Funny all the truck stuff here this afternoon. I have been working on this since I got home...

93036E2A-2A72-49B5-A108-5A40DB0923A4.jpeg

It’s a lot of work to do something with those old vintage ads...but worth it!

This is what I started with...

30B3D890-9440-4B1B-80AE-A7AB0AC1B5B8.jpeg

Good thing i made the mess yesterday, they just showed up to take away the excavator.

One thing about them older tractors, if ya had the right JD, CAT, CASE, keys they were one size fits all. Newer ones with computers I think you have to know the code to start them.
Nope. We have a 2017 5085 JD, still the same thing. Same key fits all models. Some of the higher horsepower 4x4s have computer controlled engines now. But same thing, universal keys. Only code is for the Greenstar system

That new JD loader the former employers bought just before I retired had NO key, just the touchscreen and I'm sure the start code was universal. What a POS that was. No substitute for CAT when it comes to big iron IMHO.

That new JD loader the former employers bought just before I retired had NO key, just the touchscreen and I'm sure the start code was universal. What a POS that was. No substitute for CAT when it comes to big iron IMHO.

I've never operated a CAT but the wife worked for them in Hawaii, nice equipment for sure. I'm having dirt work done right now, wish I had at least a backhoe/loader.

MMMMMM Landshark bary bary gooood :D. I got the fairing all trimmed up and mounted on the motorcicle. Gonna put some miles on it before I put the windscreen on for better access to the stuff I will need to retorgue. Need monkey hands to get in there. :realcrazy:

The wife won a spot to try to win 28k towards 7 prizes in "The Seven Car Garage" from a local radio station this year. One of the prizes was a TLB from Kubota plus trailer and zero turn mower. If her remote opened the garage door and we won I was going to upgrade the Kubota to tractor only, getting something with a bucket and a thumb. I have 5 acres where I'm building, there's a lot of trees and windfall. I'm getting kinda old to pick up a whole bunch of trees/limbs.

Many of the newer skidsteers use a punch code. Key is to lock the door.
This one was an old clunky hitachi grey market. Aparrently jd has an identical machine.
Dumb farmer likes to leave windows and doors open. Filled cab with snow.
Damaged control board.
So we built a mechanical throttle control so it make rpms to work.

I still prefer my buddy’s little cat over the hitachi. All day long....

I'm sure there's some high end models that do. But I've not seen them here

Skid steers are so much fun :steering:. When I was an apprentice Operating Engineer we had the FIRST female apprentice that our local ever had. I was part of the mechanics class at the training site but I had been on tractors since I was 10 yrs old. The girl takes the skip and drag out to practice and breaks it. She takes a loader out, breaks it. Only thing left in the yard to run is a skid steer and she has no idea what to do with it. I get on it and dig some holes and backfill them to show her. Instruct her as best I can about the controls. Then I started doing wheelies in it :lol: forwards and backwards. Off she goes with the little tractor, I watched she had a decent handle on it and off she went. Next training day comes around a week later, no girl. "Where is the girl?" I ask. "She decided after her last trip to the training site that being an operator was not her cup of tea." I have known numerous female operators that were very good at their jobs since then, one better than half the guys I worked with.

The wife won a spot to try to win 28k towards 7 prizes in "The Seven Car Garage" from a local radio station this year. One of the prizes was a TLB from Kubota plus trailer and zero turn mower. If her remote opened the garage door and we won I was going to upgrade the Kubota to tractor only, getting something with a bucket and a thumb. I have 5 acres where I'm building, there's a lot of trees and windfall. I'm getting kinda old to pick up a whole bunch of trees/limbs.

Little clamshell bucket on there you could do just about anything.

Here's the progress on my property, tank and pump in the ground. If you've ever dumped tanks every 3 or more days you'd realize why I'm excited about getting to this point!

IMG_4702 (1).jpg

IMG_4701 (1).jpg

Third....How is everyone today? Going with Dad to pick up a 1969 Notchback with 383/727 tomorrow! Can't wait. He got the bug when I found his old car.

-
Back