Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Need to do a thorough check and bleed my brakes... Was heading to the show today and pedal went WAY further than normal, thought I wasn't going to get her stopped. :eek: Opened the master cyl and both sections were low, small section near empty. I looked around underneath really good and didn't see anything wet, so pretty sure it's been a gradual loss. Was close to Advance auto, so got a quart and filled it up. Either way, it got low enough that I have air in them now..

That sucks but coulda been worse. I'm sure you'll find it.

I was getting the car ready for tommorrow and noticed the left drum was pretty loose. Apparently it hasn't been self adjusting. Right side was better. Go figure. Add a look-see of the rear brakes to the 'to do' list, or is it the 'round tuit list. I forget. lol

Karl posting pics of his Super Bird the other day inspired me to do a few new images...

29D5482C-097D-4049-B0FC-3E663707FFF4.jpeg

D2EBD4CC-4B04-4D1E-B94B-B403E33E9B67.png

I'm waiting for a ham to finish, then off to Doug's for steak... He invited me over earlier when he fixed my brakes on the Impala...
Yup. 14 oz NY Strip, and Pasta salad for me....Dont really like to eat this late...But Iz Hungry.......

Need to do a thorough check and bleed my brakes... Was heading to the show today and pedal went WAY further than normal, thought I wasn't going to get her stopped. :eek: Opened the master cyl and both sections were low, small section near empty. I looked around underneath really good and didn't see anything wet, so pretty sure it's been a gradual loss. Was close to Advance auto, so got a quart and filled it up. Either way, it got low enough that I have air in them now..
The smaller section is for your rear brakes.
I bet your rear wheel cylinders are leaking.
Pull the wheels and check it out.
Could be the master cylinder itself,check fluid leak on back of master cylinder and under it.

I had a late lunch or early dinner and all y'all are talking food....now I getting hungry !!!

The smaller section is for your rear brakes.
I bet your rear wheel cylinders are leaking.
Pull the wheels and check it out.
Could be the master cylinder itself,check fluid leak on back of master cylinder and under it.
yep, will be checking everything...

The image Frank posted a couple of days ago got my attention. I figured I could do something interesting with it...

43331B33-138E-48CC-8346-9FDB6937702F.jpeg

Thanks guys, he is pretty happy. I found a set of BB A body fenderwell headers cheap, a column shift steering column, and a Johnny Lightning yellow Demon matchbox car. Anyone know what has to change if anything between manual and power steering columns?

View attachment 1715229484
I think the columns lengths are different. I know places like Summit sell adapters.

The mess at work just got worse. They scapegoated the VP of Clinical to save their own hides and fired him to save face over their own failures.

What a bunch of worms.

Thanks guys, he is pretty happy. I found a set of BB A body fenderwell headers cheap, a column shift steering column, and a Johnny Lightning yellow Demon matchbox car. Anyone know what has to change if anything between manual and power steering columns?

View attachment 1715229484

View attachment 1715229486

The column lengths are different but adapters are available. Manual column is longer than the power steering column. Would be a good time to install a new column bushing too.

Ok, I will noodle on it for a while and see what I can come up with...

Here's one theme you may want to consider...

The last time it was out was to do a parade lap around Talledega in 1988 with the Winged Warriors Auto Club... Here's a picture of all of us in the infield between turns 3 - 4 staging for the parade lap....

That's my bil-Jerry, bro-Butch, dad-Spike, me, and my cousin-Pete...

Sprbrd Talledega A01.jpg

Good morning Hop's, I deleted one of your HBD threads, Ok ?

-
Back