Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Don't buy a cheap welder. I have gone that route. I thought it was me.

I have to get ready for work. I will be back on in about an hour half

Been looking for one on CL not much out there definitely want gas also. Had a east wood one very similar in the 80's loved it, sold it like a idiot during a move. Really cant afford more than 300 right now.

Have a decent stick welder so big stuff is not an issue. Figures my is almost shot and still have stuff to do on the cuda. Feed wheels are shot, trigger needs a new relay, just not worth fixing AGAIN!

Been looking for one on CL not much out there definitely want gas also. Had a east wood one very similar in the 80's loved it, sold it like a idiot during a move. Really cant afford more than 300 right now.
just looked...Eastwood has 135 for$295
good morning

Wow Indonesia definitely pissed off the gods, first a tsunami, now a volcano, bet next week Godzilla will show up!
Wonder Woman will get him!
2aNA4rs.jpg

I have been using a Miller XMT304 MIG/TIG/Stick 400Amp inverter welder at home for 10+ years. It is amazing an makes be look like I am good at it. Had a cheap welder and that is what it is. Cheap.

Welders? someone mention welders? Buy what you can afford but if you can't afford much you won't get much. You will need parts and consumables.

Just personal experience with the Eastwood 140A MIG machines. They seemed nice, my uncle bought one, it didn't work right out of the box. Drove back to Chicago (3hr drive) to their store. Exchange, no problem. That one had issues too. They said "no problem, we will exchange". He said no. Full refund and bought a Miller...

Probably will get a better one, just have to find the right deal. Saw a sears one on CL missed it was made by Miller like new guy wanted $100 for it should have bit the bullet and did the drive to Williamsport! Gone now.

Just personal experience with the Eastwood 140A MIG machines. They seemed nice, my uncle bought one, it didn't work right out of the box. Drove back to Chicago (3hr drive) to their store. Exchange, no problem. That one had issues too. They said "no problem, we will exchange". He said no. Full refund and bought a Miller...
A friend of mine has a couple of them an loves them. BUT, I think he also had to return the first one...

Probably will get a better one, just have to find the right deal. Saw a sears one on CL missed it was made by Miller like new guy wanted $100 for it should have bit the bullet and did the drive to Williamsport! Gone now.
It is still a sears...I gave mi ne away. It wouldn't weld for spit! I thought it was me. I went to Tractor supply and bought their Hobart. I love it.

I kept trading up to get a Miller 130. They work great especially on sheet metal for a 110v. unit. The better brand welders have copper wound transformers and better quality components. (obviously) You can tell the copper by the weight. They are heavy for a portable.

It is still a sears...I gave mi ne away. It wouldn't weld for spit! I thought it was me. I went to Tractor supply and bought their Hobart. I love it.
Hobart is a good brand. I would rate the 3 best brands, Miller, Lincoln, Hobart.

Hobart is a good brand. I would rate the 3 best brands, Miller, Lincoln, Hobart.

I would agree. I see a lot about Esab, but dont know anyone with one. My friends and I have have Millers, but Miller factory is 20 miles from my house too..

I used to sell a lot of Mig 130's. They were MAC branded 20+ years ago. They were Astro brand and made in Italy, fairly inexpensive, and not a bad little welder. MAC used to carry parts but quit that program a decade or so ago. I had to get pieces directly from Astro in California which was a huge pain. They are the ones with the rocker switches for controls instead of the dials.

I would agree. I see a lot about Esab, but dont know anyone with one. My friends and I have have Millers, but Miller factory is 20 miles from my house too..
I have seen a few ESAB welders too. I don't know where they got them though. We have a Big welding/gas supplier in town. They sell Miller and Harris torches. Most everybody gets their gas from them as well as their welders and torches. Gotta have consumables and parts. They have it all. That's where I got my co2 bottle for my beer keg system. Walk in with a empty, walk out with a full one. Exchange, no waiting when you are really desperate for a beer.

I have a Clark 180EN machine 220 vt. Bought to from my tool supplier Tools and Equipment Inc. ( Tool Web ). have had it for about 10 years. I learned to weld with it. So I don't know if anything else works better or not..Hahaha

Hey Mitch want to pick up a parts cabinet for me in Lathiam? Sure beats the shipping to me If I get it.

-
Back