Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
thats good. I get to tinker with my first flat head. I've taken engines of all types apart but never a flat head.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I am very interested in seeing a flat head disassembled. I have never been involved with one of those

Pics or it didn't happen.

I am very interested in seeing a flat head disassembled. I have never been involved with one of those
I'll take pics for sure. I think I'm gonna go buy a digital camera, I forget so often to take pics as I do stuff.

The flat head engine is basically a multiple cylinder old Briggs and Straton engine. Nothing is simpler...OR more inefficient!
:rofl::rofl:

yeah, i get to play with an old Dodge Fluid Drive automatic too.

They are an engine that ran, made the vehicle move, or run a pump, but they were not any way HP!!!! Very rudimentary..
yeah, its in the 1946 Dodge coupe i hauled for a buddy. one of the guys in our local car club is giving him a 428 big block Ford with trans to put in it. the locked up flat head is eventually going to scrap but I wanna take it apart for ***** and giggles.

Old Ford V8 flathead with 4 Stromburg Carbs, and straight pipes, looks cool in the right vehicle...

Throw the parts on flea bay you will be surprised at some of them. If you want to get rid of the distrib could prob use it for parts.

Old Ford V8 flathead with 4 Stromburg Carbs, and straight pipes, looks cool in the right vehicle...
My dad had that combo under the workbench when I was a kid. Came out of his El Mirage Lakester. He gave it to a friend who was putting a '48 Ford pickup together with his son. I need to find those El Mirage timing tags, but 128mph sticks in my head.

I like the looks of the old flatheads,and when they were hopped up.
Saw the gearz episode when they featured a bike with one.

So what do you think is a good tire size for a 15x7 cop wheel?

I am not into really wide tires but more of a stock look. What did the factory put on the original cop wheels?

It's going on a 74 duster so I don't want the low profile over wide tire like the car came from Mexico or anything like that. Just a nice classic muscle look :)

If I member right that was CHP standard equipment. We used to get them for $1 from the Chevron station across town. BFGs and Goodyears. One nail hole and the CHP was done with them, no matter how old or new they were. We put them on anything we could fit a 15" rim on. :rofl:

Trans are really pricey also would leave it as a unit. Be good parts money for his hot rod at least.

Just posted a for sale thread for my '69..................sad........

-
Back