Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, the home dilemma continues. Contractor didnt respond in the 10day notice from the inspector. She sent out a final notice that they have to contract me in 7 days, or it gets sent to the state inspectors... Im already lining up contractors to reinstall the stone, and do the demo of the current stone...

Im hoping this stays out of the courts, but its not looking to good right now.
Short version, refresh my memory as to what happened?

2 more days and this election spam is done. Between the telemarketers and the spammers in my email I'm over it.
no, 2020 is just around the corner. Been seeing election nonsense since 2016 ended.

You would think with their intelligence gathering technology they would have figured out I voted absentee the first day :rofl:it was available

Nice. Just sweet. So much better looking than the 66.
What! I missed it!

Guess what showed up in our driveway last night.... :D :poke:
Tease!
Another winner!!! :D :thumbsup:

He posted while I was getting my post ready...
Have fun with it. Dual tailpipes and the tach already.... I assume he wants it to drive???? maybe some occasional 1/4 mile or ???

That's cause it's ethanol. Smells like corn on the cob or popcorn.
Lets not go there...
Or the arguement about candy corn that erupted on Wait Wait
It was just corny.
I'm sure I could get one open, but would be headed for the scrap metal bucket. lol
I had to do something like that on the jeep's vent control.
Valve was missing - probably done in by eth and friends.
Put a real crimp in my style.:rolleyes:

Solenoid-Valve-repairIMGP0008.JPG

Solenoid-Valve-repairIMGP0024.JPG

Solenoid-Valve-Repair-part2-15.JPG

Well, the home dilemma continues. Contractor didnt respond in the 10day notice from the inspector. She sent out a final notice that they have to contract me in 7 days, or it gets sent to the state inspectors... Im already lining up contractors to reinstall the stone, and do the demo of the current stone...

demo? I like demo!
long-life-big-hydraulic-jack-hammer-for.jpg_350x350.jpg

Look at this way. Every time you go, its experience. If you have to do it again, you'll be that much better.
The gummymint and evidence is on your side, that's a good thing. Things generally go to court only after the administrative process has run its course.

That looks good, but Hoppy is getting into these "100 point' jobs...
Thanks but it was a royal PIA.
That piece of plastic I made the valve out of probably doesn't seal as good as it should, but it was the only thing I had around that somewhat worked.
I got another used valve - looked inside - its also missing the valve tip.
Bought a similar new replacement valve, wrong size hose connections.
I didn't even try to recrimp mine. This way I can just cut the tape off and replace the plastic valve if/when needed.

Downloading pictures this morning.
Here's the porch railing installed and all the trim painted.
When it stops raining I'll fix the remaining floor.

IMG_9375.JPG

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9374.JPG

IMG_9378.JPG

Short version, refresh my memory as to what happened?
Contractor that installed our roof and siding was also contracted to install stone on the front of our garage and entry way. Been fighting with them since July, to get the stone finished. They finally finished it mid Oct. They installed it completely wrong, so obvious that even I could tell it wasn't installed right. The inspector failed all the stone work and gave them notice to contact me, which they have not done...

Just realized I've restored all three porches in the photos. :)

Didn't look so bad but was sinking - had the classic covered over patch work.
2016-5-16-596.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

The other was a mess and looked it.
MVC-653F.JPG

Contractor that installed our roof and siding was also contracted to install stone on the front of our garage and entry way. Been fighting with them since July, to get the stone finished. They finally finished it mid Oct. They installed it completely wrong, so obvious that even I could tell it wasn't installed right. The inspector failed all the stone work and gave them notice to contact me, which they have not done...
ouch. yeah, that'll end up in court most likely. Sad really.

So another contractor steps in, re-does the job and you have to pay again in the hopes the crappy contractor pays up?

So another contractor steps in, re-does the job and you have to pay again in the hopes the crappy contractor pays up?
yep, and then he'll have to take contractor A to court to get a judgement against them to pay for the cost to make it right. Coworker of mine went through something similar on his motorcycle last spring.

So. Dealer says car wont be done until 4:00
At the earliest.
So much for the 3 hour job.
Got shuttled to princess auto. Shopped and then went outside. Felt homeless without or car.

Buddy’s co-worker rolls up in company truck. Remember, this is 80 miles from my hometown.
Ge gives us a ride back to dealer.
Said i would arrange an extra staple in his paycheque for giving us a ride.

yep, and then he'll have to take contractor A to court to get a judgement against them to pay for the cost to make it right. Coworker of mine went through something similar on his motorcycle last spring.
Your coworker had stone installed on the front of his motorcycle?

Your coworker had stone installed on the front of his motorcycle?
no. he had work done and the guy half-assed it and made the thing not run at all. very long story but he got charged for work the mechanic didn't actually do and had to take it to a different shop. Court made the first mechanic pay to fix what he was contracted to do. some 2500 bucks worth.

No, Im getting quotes to have the work performed correctly, as more ammo against them. In case they want to argue with me about the money that I'll be withholding from them.

no. he had work done and the guy half-assed it and made the thing not run at all. very long story but he got charged for work the mechanic didn't actually do and had to take it to a different shop. Court made the first mechanic pay to fix what he was contracted to do. some 2500 bucks worth.
Is your sense of humor on vacation?

-
Back