Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So another try at bolt blackening.
Buffed a new grade 8 and hit it with bluing. That anodizing will stick out like a sore thumb. Just have to dig up some proper washers.
B0555930-0973-4314-BEE0-765DFC1F071E.jpeg
A little dab of silicone grease to shiny it up.

The only way you could find one cheap is one laying on a shelf in someones garage and they didn't know what they had.

The only way you could find one cheap is one laying on a shelf in someones garage and they didn't know what they had.
well, that's how I got my 413 max wedge block... maybe lightning will strike twice

well, that's how I got my 413 max wedge block... maybe lightning will strike twice

Hopefully when it strikes, you don’t ignore the deal like I did about 15 years ago.

I was putting my ‘74 Twister together and as a broke teenager I was trying to pinch pennies but wanted performance. I responded to an Ad for a 413 with a 727 bolted to it.... Went and looked at it and the seller wanted $200 for the engine/transmission “I don’t even know if it runs and it probably gets horrible mileage with those dual 4 barrels.”

Can you see where this is going? ...... it had the longtube crossram intake on it!

Like an idiot, I passed on the deal (I didn’t know what it was at the time), because my Dodge D50 pickup needed a clutch, so I used the money I had saved to buy a clutch instead. The motor died in the D50 6 months later anyway.

Hopefully when it strikes, you don’t ignore the deal like I did about 15 years ago.

I was putting my ‘74 Twister together and as a broke teenager I was trying to pinch pennies but wanted performance. I responded to an Ad for a 413 with a 727 bolted to it.... Went and looked at it and the seller wanted $200 for the engine/transmission “I don’t even know if it runs and it probably gets horrible mileage with those dual 4 barrels.”

Can you see where this is going? ...... it had the longtube crossram intake on it!

Like an idiot, I passed on the deal (I didn’t know what it was at the time), because my Dodge D50 pickup needed a clutch, so I used the money I had saved to buy a clutch instead. The motor died in the D50 6 months later anyway.
Ouch. That story hurts!

well not as bad as my story...

I was 17, enlisted in the Army Guard that year, 2004. A couple days before I was to ship out for BCT, I stumbled across a 1970 B5 Blue, Plymouth Barracuda, 340, auto. Bucket seats. sitting on concrete blocks. reverse gear was out in the trans, car hadn't moved from inside the barn since 1979. Guy wanted 500 bucks. I had the cash, but being a minor in my state, you had to have parents signature to buy a car. or to withdraw the funds from the then joint savings account. Mom refused to let me buy it due to lack of air bags. I inquired about it when I got back home from BCT 11 weeks later, guy had crushed it... for 200 bucks in scrap metal at the time.

I was 17, enlisted in the Army Guard that year, 2004. A couple days before I was to ship out for BCT, I stumbled across a 1970 B5 Blue, Plymouth Barracuda, 340, auto. Bucket seats. sitting on concrete blocks. reverse gear was out in the trans, car hadn't moved from inside the barn since 1979. Guy wanted 500 bucks. I had the cash, but being a minor in my state, you had to have parents signature to buy a car. or to withdraw the funds from the then joint savings account. Mom refused to let me buy it due to lack of air bags. I inquired about it when I got back home from BCT 11 weeks later, guy had crushed it... for 200 bucks in scrap metal at the time.

A few years ago I saw this poking out of the weeds (at the time it looked better). I locked up the brakes, spun around and went back.

340/4-Speed. “It’s not for sale, I’m gonna fix it.”

A month later (when the picture was taken), a tree branch had landed on the roof and caved in the roof and blew out the windows. A month after that the whole tree fell on the car, folded it up like a pretzel

9B574FA4-A88F-44EA-ABFD-BACA34D8C461.jpeg

Double ouch. When I was a Junior in High School our shop teacher had a 59 Corvette for sale. 283 4 speed power windows, both tops. Nice little car. $1200. I went home and asked if I could buy it but I knew if I would call it a Corvette the answer would be no. I just said it was a 59 Chevy. Dad was smart enough to know that 59 Chevy's don't sell for $1200. Busted! I didn't get that car!

I was out driving my Duster with the convertible top down Stopped to check out a dark green Dart for sale. 73 I believe. My dad and brother pulled in and my brother walked up the hill and pulled the paper off the windshield. Had a lot of details on it, but looked like the price was $595. Dad wondered why I wanted another car and I said if this thing wasn't rotted out I wanted it. It was getting dark and I crawled under to have a look with my flashlight. Someone had painted everything underneath silver, which made it glary. As my eyes began to adjust to the light and see the details...I woke up. :BangHead:

Last edited:
A few years ago I saw this poking out of the weeds (at the time it looked better). I locked up the brakes, spun around and went back.

340/4-Speed. “It’s not for sale, I’m gonna fix it.”

A month later (when the picture was taken), a tree branch had landed on the roof and caved in the roof and blew out the windows. A month after that the whole tree fell on the car, folded it up like a pretzel

View attachment 1715251374
if its still there, go buy it now for the drivetrain

Finally convinced myself to part with some stuff.

Listed my aluminum slots, I’ll never use those. Gonna get rid of a few grilles too. Why in the world do I have 3 spares for my 2 Darts?! Lol. Pretty sure I have 3 spares for my ‘65 Barracuda too.

I would hope that I never need to replace the grille 3 times on one of my cars!

Little too windy to do a good job blowing leaves... But, I got the worst of em off the driveway, anyhow......

Listed my aluminum slots, I’ll never use those. Gonna get rid of a few grilles too. Why in the world do I have 3 spares for my 2 Darts?! Lol. Pretty sure I have 3 spares for my ‘65 Barracuda too.

I keep a spare around just in case of a deer hit or something.

I happen to be looking for a center grille for my 65 barracuda...

-
Back