Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
anyone else store a large quantity of gasoline? I've got an extra 600 gallon stainless fuel tank, thinking about filling it up after xmas while gas is low, using it to drive on all year. would last about 8 months of driving. Just not sure about the quality of that point.

anyone else store a large quantity of gasoline? I've got an extra 600 gallon stainless fuel tank, thinking about filling it up after xmas while gas is low, using it to drive on all year. would last about 8 months of driving. Just not sure about the quality of that point.
You just keep on getting weirder by the day :poke:

Above ground tank?

giphy.gif
808b70149f85a473ca363d50b706d7fc.jpg

You just keep on getting weirder by the day :poke:
I'm trying to reduce my monthly expenses. I have a Xmas bonus coming in a few weeks, doing the 600 gallon tank with part of it would reduce my fuel costs by 2-300 a month for 8 months.

I wouldn’t store fuel in an above ground tank for more than 3 months. Especially not a winter blend fuel.
i know there's treatments plus it wouldnt be stagnant either. I'd be pumping from it weekly.

Is there a reason you say not to go more than 3 months?

i know there's treatments plus it wouldnt be stagnant either. I'd be pumping from it weekly.

I wouldn't want that much gas hanging out in the back yard.

I even get nervous when the tanker truck is filling up the gas station.....I avoid going near there because I am too paranoid

Bologna Italy tanker explosion 2.jpg.jpg_12697630_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I'm trying to reduce my monthly expenses. I have a Xmas bonus coming in a few weeks, doing the 600 gallon tank with part of it would reduce my fuel costs by 2-300 a month for 8 months.
How much do you use? I don't think we use 300 a month between both cars unless traveling. Sounds like you are assuming a big price jump

Go diesel for the commuters/beaters.

My AWD Dakota runs roughly 500-520 miles on 15 gallons of diesel fuel. A huge improvement from the 9-10mpg it got when it had a 5.2 Magnum in it.

How much do you use? I don't think we use 300 a month between both cars unless traveling. Sounds like you are assuming a big price jump

roughly 85-90 gallons. I'm figuring price at state average around 2.50 a gallon.

Even with additives, the fuel will lose the light components and go stale dropping in octane rating and increasing in moisture content.

Additives to stabilize fuel only protect in a sealed container that stays sealed. You will be regularly removing fuel while introducing new air into the tank which will continually degrade the fuel. There will also be wide temperatures swings in an above ground tank that will further accelerate the degradation of the fuel over time.

Even with additives, the fuel will lose the light components and go stale dropping in octane rating and increasing in moisture content.

Additives to stabilize fuel only protect in a sealed container that stays sealed. You will be regularly removing fuel while introducing new air into the tank which will continually degrade the fuel. There will also be wide temperatures swings in an above ground tank that will further accelerate the degradation of the fuel over time.
So I'd be better off just getting a prepaid fuel card it sounds like

Plus it just sounds cool and confuses people!

“You’re putting the wrong fuel in your little Dodge, that’s only for big Dodges.”

That reminds me. Get gas before saturday. Good idea to keep a couple jerry cans full. Bridge closure means 45 minute drive to gas station. If we get a dump if snow, it will be a problem.

roughly 85-90 gallons. I'm figuring price at state average around 2.50 a gallon.
if it goes up $.50 and you use 90 gal you saved $45. If you have to buy additives and fuel degrades, screws up injectors... Doesn't sound like a good investment.

Working in the house, the CD Changer in the old Sony Home Theater System is nice, but it didn’t have that “feel” to it!

Dug out my old Panasonic turntable, hooked her to the Home Theater System and threw Brothers in Arms on the table. There’s just something about the sound of vinyl.

I hope the neighbors like Money For Nothing, because the windows are rattling at the moment!

0AF6F025-1F5A-4137-A33E-42CFF914EB04.jpeg

Working in the house, the CD Changer in the old Sony Home Theater System is nice, but it didn’t have that “feel” to it!

Dug out my old Panasonic turntable, hooked her to the Home Theater System and threw Brothers in Arms on the table. There’s just something about the sound of vinyl.

I hope the neighbors like Money For Nothing, because the windows are rattling at the moment!

View attachment 1715251737
How can I hit agree, like, and thanks at the same time. I need to dust off the old turntables (I have 2) and spin some vinyl. Yes I agree with the depth of sound the vinyl reproduces.

-
Back