Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’ve gotta find where I put the rest of my audio equipment for the Home Theater System. If you can’t tell, I’m a huge Audiophile.

Also gotta build an entertainment center/shelves to house it all. I’ve got my Dual Processors (a GX60ES for the primary unit and a STR-AV750 for the sub/daisy chained unit), a C75ES CD Changer, a MDS-JE510 Minidisc Recorder/Player and the old Panasonic Turntable/8 Track Deck.

Still have to find the Dual Cassette Deck and wire it in. My TV and 280” Projector are already wired in, as are my Computer and my Guitar Amps.

D2B4CAE1-5BF6-497A-ACB9-FE987376B859.jpeg

CD06B2CB-4D3C-4678-9904-E8B5FA9A73B1.jpeg

Blue Oyster Cult’s Revolution By Night is spinning on the turntable now. I’ve got it on CD too (actually loaded in the changer), but Shooting Shark, Shadow Of California and Feel The Thunder sound better on vinyl.

I do admire your innovative thinking, however the tanker isn't one of those brilliant ideas to be had
Eh, I do it for diesel but it has a MUCH more stable storage life and just has to be treated with algaecide. But I don't drive a diesel truck anymore as a daily.

if it goes up $.50 and you use 90 gal you saved $45. If you have to buy additives and fuel degrades, screws up injectors... Doesn't sound like a good investment.
I'm not looking at doing it as a hedge against gas prices going up, I was thinking I could just spend the 1200 now and fill it up and save the 2-3 hundred a month for a few months.

That said, several of the local gas stations offer a prepaid service where you buy X amount of gas at X price, just swipe a card. I think I'm gonna sign up and do that.

Blue Oyster Cult’s Revolution By Night is spinning on the turntable now. I’ve got it on CD too (actually loaded in the changer), but Shooting Shark, Shadow Of California and Feel The Thunder sound better on vinyl.
I have a couple half speed masters. They were cut at half speed but I haven't taken the jacket out of the vinyl yet.

I have a couple half speed masters. They were cut at half speed but I haven't taken the jacket out of the vinyl yet.

Nice!

I think the fanciest/oddest item I’ve got is a first edition pressing of Blue Oyster Cult’s Imaginos album.

Sadly there was a mastering issue with the first editions, where the volume level on a few of the tracks is too low. They corrected it on the reproductions (after vinyl got big again a few years ago). The Imaginos album wasn’t well received though, so even the reproductions are hard to find.

Dang, I'm embarrased. I haven't played around with this stuff for a decade I bet. That would be a good winter project.
20181121_113002.jpg

Oh, and I’ve got an unopened first edition of Zep’s In Through The Out Door. Still got the black & white cover art (no one wiped it with water to make it color)

Dang, I'm embarrased. I haven't played around with this stuff for a decade I bet. That would be a good winter project.View attachment 1715251743

Music is always a good winter project, and you can listen to it while you’re working with it.

One of my winter projects is to finish remodeling my living room, add bookshelves and an entertainment center to some of the walls and hook up all of my audio/video equipment. Hiding in one of the closets I’ve got Betamax, Laserdisc and Videodisc stuff.

Oh, and I’ve got an unopened first edition of Zep’s In Through The Out Door. Still got the black & white cover art (no one wiped it with water to make it color)
Never heard of that one. Nice!

I’ve gotta find where I put the rest of my audio equipment for the Home Theater System. If you can’t tell, I’m a huge Audiophile.

Also gotta build an entertainment center/shelves to house it all. I’ve got my Dual Processors (a GX60ES for the primary unit and a STR-AV750 for the sub/daisy chained unit), a C75ES CD Changer, a MDS-JE510 Minidisc Recorder/Player and the old Panasonic Turntable/8 Track Deck.

Still have to find the Dual Cassette Deck and wire it in. My TV and 280” Projector are already wired in, as are my Computer and my Guitar Amps.

View attachment 1715251739

View attachment 1715251740
Funny that, I was just rattling the windows in our house with our 30 year old Sony rack system too!

2ACB9BD0-0D87-43A4-9202-8F75E578D690.jpeg

I just got my old receiver back (not mine in pic, but same model). My son borrowed it for about 10 years. Hopefully get that, my old 6 disc changer and newer turntable hooked up soon

1789FC61-77A2-45E9-ABE0-4C44F83716B7.jpeg

Damn! I didn’t realize the price jumped that much on them! I bought mine 20 years ago at a yard sale for $10.

Still kicking myself for not buying a former coworkers record collection. He wanted $100 for all of it, I passed on the deal because a lot of it was Country music.

I found out later that he had an unopened Beatles White Album in that collection!
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Heading West on PA turnpike. Traffic kinda crazy. A bit heavy and moving. Passed a trooper parked on side - everyone doing near 80 an he didn't budge.

Heading West on PA turnpike. Traffic kinda crazy. A bit heavy and moving. Passed a trooper parked on side - everyone doing near 80 an he didn't budge.
Zoom zoom zoom!

Funny that, I was just rattling the windows in our house with our 30 year old Sony rack system too!

View attachment 1715251753

Those vintage Sony Home Theater/Entertainment systems are absolute powerhouses. Rattling windows isn’t optional, it’s standard at anything above 1/8th volume.

Mines driving 12 4ohm 50w speakers and a 500w sub at the moment. I need to add my Equalizer Deck and Amp Deck to the unit before I can power my 6’ Tower Speaker Cabinets though.

If I get fancy, I can Loop/feed the system back through into my Peavey Half-Stack. Pretty sure that would have the neighbors calling the cops on me though, and they’re not exactly close/nearby.

-
Back