Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
On a similar note, after replying to @Ben Drinkin

I miss college, mostly because I know I can’t do that anymore. I was drunk off my *** 24/7. Crawl out of a whiskey bottle and into a case of beer, put my socks and shoes on and stagger to campus, rinse & repeat. There were many nights that I don’t even know how I made it home.

The parties were great though, the women were without morals and I was driving a 340 T/A powered Duster. Whos got a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor? I need to go back!
I don't remember any times like that from college . I remember going to a lot of parties but I sure don't remember coming home from any..

I just got my old receiver back (not mine in pic, but same model). My son borrowed it for about 10 years. Hopefully get that, my old 6 disc changer and newer turntable hooked up soon

View attachment 1715251756

I need to get a shelf system that sounds good and doesn't take up too much room. I have a former club system in my room. My parents used to own a night club and when they sold it, I got the old DJ equipment.

The woofer is big enough to use as a night stand. So I need something smaller that doesn't vibrate stuff off the desk at 1/10 volume

20181121_132912.jpg

I need to get a shelf system that sounds good and doesn't take up too much room. I have a former club system in my room. My parents used to own a night club and when they sold it, I got the old DJ equipment.

The woofer is big enough to use as a night stand. So I need something smaller that doesn't vibrate stuff off the desk at 1/10 volume

View attachment 1715251796
That's a big boy!

Arggg. The wife is still under the weather. As per the Urgent care Dr. she has bronchitis. She has been not feeling good for a week. They said another week or 2 to go. Good thing I bought lots of spirits to help get me through this. LOL

Yup,, I've got a complete Onkyo system, I bought, back in 1978. Reciever, Cassete decks, Turn table. Haven't switched it on in years now...
I've mixed bag of components including two decks, both of which need expert repair. On is a TEAC and the other is either a Sansui or Onkyo. Turntable's is working well. So that's sumptin. There's a bunch of tapes I'd like to burn onto CD. I don't love cassetes but they're convenient that was the most common format for smaller bands for a while.

Alright. Finished the remaining coffee in the pot. Wasn't much left from this AM.
Got some work done on the Grand? Wagoneer.
Some pop rivets in the muffler, adjusted the headlights, and put some mpg into the tires. :)
Tried to replace one of the instrument panel bulbs. Discovered the problem was its missing a holder and none in my collection are the right size. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Wagoneer...I just finished putting the final touches on my vision of what the 2020 Wagoneer should look like.

BE0A82EF-29A6-4480-A493-B719A5623EBF.jpeg

Car comes in with a coolant leak.
Needs a battery too.
Best scenario-timing cover leaking. 700 To fix with new battery and oil pan gasket.
Winter beater. So shall we try rad and leak seal? Stopped almost instantly. And still has heat. Better now than before. Wonder why?
E6C25536-519B-40F6-99E9-3EA48F5B124E.jpeg

Arggg. The wife is still under the weather. As per the Urgent care Dr. she has bronchitis. She has been not feeling good for a week. They said another week or 2 to go. Good thing I bought lots of spirits to help get me through this. LOL
I had it a couple years back, it's a biotch to get rid of it. Just watch her close so it doesn't turn into pneumonia

Speaking of the Wagoneer...I just finished putting the final touches on my vision of what the 2020 Wagoneer should look like.

View attachment 1715251854
Better than most of the retro attempts Dave. I think you've melded the key retro items to current styling and crash requirements without losing proportion or looking cartoonish.

Thanks, I put a lot of time and thought into that design. In a little bit I will post up the details of the features I imagined for that vehicle while I was creating it.
Ya know what everyone wants Dave?
'Barn Doors' like the panel trucks and some ambulances/fleet rigs. Last year for those might have been '68, maybe later for mil but not much.
One guy on IFSJA forum made his own. Super impressive retro mod.

We are foregoing the traditional Thanksgiving meal this year and are doing a big brunch instead.

My daughter has been working hard all evening to make a special coffee cake for the spread. It’s just now ready to go into the oven...it will have a cream cheese icing drizzled over it after it cools.

3643749E-15E1-4DB5-BAF9-CBB6AD494C67.jpeg

We are foregoing the traditional Thanksgiving meal this year and are doing a big brunch instead.

My daughter has been working hard all evening to make a special coffee cake for the spread. It’s just now ready to go into the oven...it will have a cream cheese icing drizzled over it after it cools.

View attachment 1715251908
With no place to go this year, I'm doing a turkey for the first time ever. I'm sure I'll create some sort of explosion in the process with my cooking skills or lack thereof

With no place to go this year, I'm doing a turkey for the first time ever. I'm sure I'll create some sort of explosion in the process with my cooking skills or lack thereof
Nah, cooking a turkey is easy. Worst case it that it might be a little dry. You will get the hang of it easily enough.

Just use a good thermometer inserted into the deep part of the bird away from the bone. Shut it down when it reaches the appropriate temperature, remove from oven and let it rest for 20 minures before carving.

Nah, cooking a turkey is easy. Worst case it that it might be a little dry. You will get the hang of it easily enough.
Not always the case.
1/2 frozen and the package of innards still inside the bird is one.
Other one so dry it was like eating dust.

Been anxious to install the “new” 4 Speed shifter in my Duster, it was a Christmas present last year and it’s been sitting on the shelf since then.

It should look nice, sticking up through the middle of the center console.

View attachment 1715251327

Is that a vertical gate 4spd shifter? I just sold one of those.

Ooh!ooh!
Got a turkey story. This is a true story,none of the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Sister putting on thanksgiving dinner.
We travelling in from out of the city. I call and ask if there is any last minute items she needs.
“Yes, i wasnt paying attention and boiled off the juice so we cant make gravy. Could you please go to grocery store and buy a couple jars of gravy? “
Sure. First for me ,but what do i know.
3 grocery stores, no gravy. Either dont have or couldnt find it.
Brainstorm!
KFC! I know they have gravy....
Walk in to kfc and ask for a couple large gravy...
“Would you like a straw with that?”:rofl:

Aparrently the young lady had been waiting some time to ask that question.

-
Back