Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Brrrr cold outside 18 high 20's then wind chills to single digits

Bout 15 here.

I’ve got a Jeep to put a muffler on, but my diesel is parked in the way of getting it into the shop and guess who forgot to plug the diesel in?

I’m not even gonna try to start it, I’ve done that before and 2200 cold cranking amps isn’t enough.

Haven’t seen anything here yet.

I take that back. I did see my satellite dish laying on the ground...the wind ripped it off the mounting post. As far as snow, nope. It can stay away too, the last batch is still lingering around

Is that a vertical gate 4spd shifter? I just sold one of those.

Yeah it is.

I put up a picture a few pages back of how I’m mounting it in my ‘74 Twister. Inside a ‘67 Console.

Should be fun with the 8-71 Blown R3 426 Stroker, especially with her being a street car project.

I’m gonna modify the Vacuum Gauge (“Performance Indicator”) that’s in the ‘67 Rallye Cluster too. It’ll become a Boost Gauge, and instead of the face plate reading “Idle, Economy, and Power.” It’ll read “Power, More Power and Hang On.”

4168D479-1D40-46DC-9672-16D666ABDABC.jpeg

Hey you wouldn't have a early rear valiant valance panel by chance that is decent?

Right now the engine/trans/rear (426 R3 Stroker, 18 Spline A833 and a Dana 60) are in my ‘73 Duster.

It’s fun, but too much engine for a factory sunroof H Code Duster with no cage, no subframe connectors. There’s a whole lot of twisting going on with that setup.

683D8EC5-B174-4E07-8B34-5FCC379C837B.jpeg

The ‘74 Twister as she sits now. Last time I drove that car was about 7-8 years ago, despite the inspection expiring in 2012, it was actually parked for almost a year before that.

302590FB-AB9F-48D4-A682-7F6470E7F53E.jpeg

Looks like my shop!

That’s just my own private bay, it’s reserved for my own crap (and on the rare occasion, a customer, if I can’t get their vehicle into the shop).

When it’s clean, it doubles as a paint booth. But it’s mostly just a spot for me to scrape bondo and 20 layers of paint off of one of my projects. (No joke, the bondo was 1” to 2” thick on the quarter on my Twister. It had been t boned in the 70’s, slapped with bondo and repainted the factory Frost Mint Green, and then a few more colors over the decades before I got it)

80F4CA2F-7892-4500-9ABF-15C12420F7CC.jpeg

5A7A1044-BAC7-49B0-9588-9972B881471F.jpeg

5847EAE3-6C19-4EDA-B299-553164FAF65C.jpeg

Speaking of fish eye yesterday we went to spray my dash and had a couple small spots fish eye.
My friend painting said most of had a little something on the surface.
He said comet and scotch brite should work it out. Any other ideas??

Using Dread spray by chance?

Fine grit sandpaper and re spray is about it. 1200 or so, I would worry about residue from comet.

Speaking of fish eye yesterday we went to spray my dash and had a couple small spots fish eye.
My friend painting said most of had a little something on the surface.
He said comet and scotch brite should work it out. Any other ideas??

Cigarette smoke wreaks havoc on the dash when it comes time to repaint. Fish eye everywhere.

You could try washing it with soap and water, and then wipe it down with paint thinner or a prep wash afterward. That’s what I had to do with the dash in my Twister and in my D300

Sounds good. One spot is covered by the dash pad. The other spot is so low on the dash you'll never see it unless you look for it.
Ray not sure what kind of spray he used. I had it sanded down to almost metal.
He wiped it down that smelly pre-paint liquid before he sprayed it.
Think I'll just sand down the bad spots, wash it with soap and water and call it good.
All the other dash pieces were great.

We had a seriously weird reaction on Keith's car on the ds QP, almost like a wrinkle, took I think three sanding and sprays to get rid of it. We never did figure out what caused it.

:rofl:
Dam you now Keefer will blame me when we got it on his car!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just speaking from personal experience. I smoked in my car and the D300 as a teenager.

The Twister wasn’t too bad, but the D300 was a nightmare. I had a habit of resting my hand on the shifter, with a cigarette. There was a large area of the dash near the shifter where it wanted to fisheye even after going to bare metal.

-
Back