Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Speaking of fish eye yesterday we went to spray my dash and had a couple small spots fish eye.
My friend painting said most of had a little something on the surface.
He said comet and scotch brite should work it out. Any other ideas??
Armor All is a cause of fish eye too.

Any product, with silicone in the makeup
Yup. Even in the air.
Silicone sealant used in the same building may cause fisheyes.
Buddy owns the body shop, painter was in the booth spraying and one nof the guys was sealing a household door w/glass in the next bay and all hell broke loose.

Any product, with silicone in the makeup
That is probably most difficult to remove, but any wax, oil etc. All the stuff we put on top to shine and protect surfaces will cause havoc under paint. I NEVER made any attempt to do any cleanup of the original paint on mine for that reason. But, as Hoppy said, still had issues. :BangHead: :wtf: :mad:

That is probably most difficult to remove, but any wax, oil etc. All the stuff we put on top to shine and protect surfaces will cause havoc under paint. I NEVER made any attempt to do any cleanup of the original paint on mine for that reason. But, as Hoppy said, still had issues. :BangHead: :wtf: :mad:
Perhaps too much cigarette smoke ???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Speaking of fish eye yesterday we went to spray my dash and had a couple small spots fish eye.
My friend painting said most of had a little something on the surface.
He said comet and scotch brite should work it out. Any other ideas??

Maybe run some solvent over it to clean up any grease/lube from causing fish eyes...

At the assembly plants any silicone based lubes are banned as they cause fish eyes in paint... If they find a flaw, they have a touch up line where they fix the defects and "bake" the truck to set the paint... If ANY SILICONE is on the body before paint, it's too difficult to remove clean enough as not to fish eye the paint, so they do not allow any silicone based lube on any parts coming in so it can't get on the vehicle and cause any respray issues...

Perhaps too much cigarette smoke ???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol, Saw Hoppy's post earlier... No, I doubt that was it. Probably never know. Something not compatible. If I ever repaint will do better job of sealing and use all from same mfg. Plus might leave to a better painter in a better spray booth

Well I already screwed up the turkey it appears. I fell asleep last night and left it out on the counter

-
Back