Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Those vintage Sony Home Theater/Entertainment systems are absolute powerhouses. Rattling windows isn’t optional, it’s standard at anything above 1/8th volume.

Mines driving 12 4ohm 50w speakers and a 500w sub at the moment. I need to add my Equalizer Deck and Amp Deck to the unit before I can power my 6’ Tower Speaker Cabinets though.

If I get fancy, I can Loop/feed the system back through into my Peavey Half-Stack. Pretty sure that would have the neighbors calling the cops on me though, and they’re not exactly close/nearby.
not sure what speakers I will use. Have a nice set of Polk bookshelf speakers if my son didn't blow them. Also one pair of big floor speakers that were my brother's . Will have to see what those can do

not sure what speakers I will use. Have a nice set of Polk bookshelf speakers if my son didn't blow them. Also one pair of big floor speakers that were my brother's . Will have to see what those can do

If your Pioneer processor/Receiver is like my Sony Processors, they’ll even power 6ohm and 8ohm setups, and you can wire parallel too and it won’t care.

If that’s the case, you can run just about anything you want (but gigantic tower cabinets will require an Amp deck or an Equalizer Deck with an onboard Amp)

All in there. 80watts per channel

Nice, mine handles right around 200w per channel X 16 Channels (I’m looping through into a second processor for additional power and channels)

Only 6 of those channels are in use at the moment though.

I'm old, I like quality over quantity. My days of blowing out HPM 100's are over. :lol:

I'm old, I like quality over quantity. My days of blowing out HPM 100's are over. :lol:

Did that in my Duster, when I was a teenager. Only it was a pair of vintage Pioneer 3-way Honeycomb speakers.

Apparently they couldn’t handle Nazareth’s Hair Of The Dog on 8 Track at max volume. This wasn’t the 70’s either. I was combatting rap music in the other car, with hard rock from my car.

Right around the point where the lyrics “If this is heaven, I must be in hell.” Rang out, those speakers blew and I did a Smokey burning tire launch.

That 8 Track, that’s the one that killed my Pioneer speakers. That old Realistic 8 Track, of course the Pyramid EQ and Amp night have had a hand in it.

8BCA38B4-4DE2-4072-BAB0-942628F5B61F.jpeg

Those vintage Sony Home Theater/Entertainment systems are absolute powerhouses. Rattling windows isn’t optional, it’s standard at anything above 1/8th volume.

Mines driving 12 4ohm 50w speakers and a 500w sub at the moment. I need to add my Equalizer Deck and Amp Deck to the unit before I can power my 6’ Tower Speaker Cabinets though.

If I get fancy, I can Loop/feed the system back through into my Peavey Half-Stack. Pretty sure that would have the neighbors calling the cops on me though, and they’re not exactly close/nearby.
My system uses the two 200w/8 ohm tower speakers plus the big mega-bass sub. Can blow the roof off and crack the foundation of the house with it!

:lol:

56842DC3-F305-40CD-B973-5542D9131069.jpeg

yep. That Pioneer VSX 3300 has great sound and more than enough power for any room I ever had it in. A few speakers have been toasted by it :lol:

I went quantity with quality, I’ve got 1,200 sq ft of living room to fill with music.

On the remodel, I’m thinking of intergrating a few speakers into the ceiling, to really get that wall of sound feeling going on.

On a similar note, after replying to @Ben Drinkin

I miss college, mostly because I know I can’t do that anymore. I was drunk off my *** 24/7. Crawl out of a whiskey bottle and into a case of beer, put my socks and shoes on and stagger to campus, rinse & repeat. There were many nights that I don’t even know how I made it home.

The parties were great though, the women were without morals and I was driving a 340 T/A powered Duster. Whos got a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor? I need to go back!

-
Back