Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No rain here, just Sunny, Cold and Windy...Got an old Camry with issues, Rusty exhaust leaking at rear of converter gasket. Cut rusty bolts off, install new gasket, and bolts, flanges are rusty/flimsy, so I hope it holds up. Both rear brake lines and and evap line rusted through on driver side. Repaired those. Engine light on, wants O2 sensor and evap work. Oil change and Air filter, and Im done. And it is 69 deg in my shop...:thumbsup:

Wasn't that the plan to use the CAD for a career move?

Yeah, but I haven't gotten any nibbles on that...

I keep practicing the drawings from class every few months to keep what I have, but I want to review some tutorials and get to know the software capabilities to their maximum...

I have experience in design, testing, quality, and manufacturing lines, but I'm having trouble getting back into that...

I had two changes alone at my engine plant job that saved the company over $750,000 per year...

We error proofed the short block part of the assembly line with my error proofing team of skilled trades and tool engineer, electrical engineer, and tool designer to prevent wrong parts from getting in the wrong engine... We put a machine just after the pistons were installed that checked stroke on every cylinder and could catch wrong crank, wrong connecting rod, and even a missing bearing shell could be caught...

We also put a machine in to check the bore size and write it to the RF tag on the pallet to eliminate the wrong crank from being loaded if the block was mis-dentified... They had a stripe on one of the engines to tell it apart from the smaller one... If the block machine line went down for a while and the paint nozzles that sprayed the paint dried up and clogged, the stripe would not be on the larger blocks and would be entered by the operator as the wrong engine... Then once in a while people do make mistakes, so it eliminated the clogged paint and operator error from putting the wrong engine size in the pallet and the proper crank would be loaded in the automatic crank load station...

Last edited:
I got another monitor for my computer so I can run dual screens and brush up on my CAD... I got it hooked up last night/this morning when I got home for work...
Cool Bean's !!! You can work and be here helping folks or yacking with us

The only thing we hear here about it now is how difficult the rain will make it for searching the debris.

The news here kept stating that the rain would wash away some of the remains and some people that perished would not be able to be accounted for....

Thanks Chris.... :thumbsup:

I use AutoCAD and Inventor.... I have lost some of the AutoCAD 3D since they led us down the Inventor path for 3D, but I like some of the features in AutoCAD 3D where you can check for balance and make it balanced for situations where you use a key slot etc... Plus I like using the layers in AutoCAD where you can turn them off to help keep the drawings from getting too cluttered up...

I'm very solid on AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D...

My son's friend also downloaded a copy of Solidworks on my computer... I want to watch some videos on youtube on one screen and practice on the other to learn Solidworks as that has a high demand on the postings that I've seen....
Solidworks is one of the programs I use. I like it. I also use Autocad, Creo, Inventor, Solidedge and Catia. Depends on the project requirements

Thanks Chris.... :thumbsup:

I use AutoCAD and Inventor.... I have lost some of the AutoCAD 3D since they led us down the Inventor path for 3D, but I like some of the features in AutoCAD 3D where you can check for balance and make it balanced for situations where you use a key slot etc... Plus I like using the layers in AutoCAD where you can turn them off to help keep the drawings from getting too cluttered up...

I'm very solid on AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D...

My son's friend also downloaded a copy of Solidworks on my computer... I want to watch some videos on youtube on one screen and practice on the other to learn Solidworks as that has a high demand on the postings that I've seen....
I have a solidworks digital book on my work computer I can send you if you want

I keep practicing the drawings from class every few months to keep what I have, but I want to review some tutorials and get to know the software capabilities to their maximum...

I have experience in design, testing, quality, and manufacturing lines, but I'm having trouble getting back into that...

I had two changes alone at my engine plant job that saved the company over $750,000 per year...

We error proofed the short block part of the assembly line with my error proofing team of skilled trades and tool engineer, electrical engineer, and tool designer to prevent wrong parts from getting in the wrong engine... We put a machine just after the pistons were installed that checked stroke on every cylinder and could catch wrong crank, wrong connecting rod, and even a missing bearing shell could be caught...

We also put a machine in to check the bore size and write it to the RF tag on the pallet to eliminate the wrong crank from being loaded if the block was mis-dentified... They had a stripe on one of the engines to tell it apart from the smaller one... If the block machine line went down for a while and the paint nozzles that sprayed the paint dried up and clogged, the stripe would not be on the larger blocks and would be entered by the operator as the wrong engine... Then once in a while people do make mistakes, so it eliminated the clogged paint and operator error from putting the wrong engine size in the pallet and the proper crank would be loaded in the automatic crank load station...
If you're willing to relocate, my company is hiring entry level Drafters....

Sounds a lot like what the ME (manufacturing engineers) do here at work. Maybe look into those areas as well.

If you're willing to relocate, my company is hiring entry level Drafters....

What is the pay???

If it's high enough, I could rent a small apartment to hang out in during the week... I prefer not to move out of the home that I have now as my grandfather had it custom built and it's been in the family since... Plus my dad added a 32 x 40 garage in the back that we have full... It would take too much to move everything that I have collected over the years...

Sounds a lot like what the ME (manufacturing engineers) do here at work. Maybe look into those areas as well.

I have a ME degree and 15 years doing various positions in the automotive industry in various design, testing, quality, and manufacturing positions... I have 11 years in assembly plants...

I have a ME degree and 15 years doing various positions in the automotive industry in various design, testing, quality, and manufacturing positions... I have 11 years in assembly plants...
I have a degree in Retirement..........:poke::poke::rofl:

45 minutes to get to other side of bridge. I hadt to connect with snap on dealer. I had the new 3/8 impact in my hand,then put it back. He musta been thinkin “missed it by that much”
Lol.
I have no problem getting my old one fixed,as the batteries are still working.

We don't have many degrees here. And it feels even colder with the wind. :p

What is the pay???

If it's high enough, I could rent a small apartment to hang out in during the week... I prefer not to move out of the home that I have now as my grandfather had it custom built and it's been in the family since... Plus my dad added a 32 x 40 garage in the back that we have full... It would take too much to move everything that I have collected over the years...
Honestly not sure. They keep that fairly close to chest. Shoot me your information via pm and I'll pass it on to the hiring lady. They may have something close to you too. I know they have an office in chicago

Looks like the forecast has changed...

53402891-15AD-418B-A52D-7F6194E26563.jpeg

Sent you PM..

-
Back