Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I rebuilt a similar one for a guy up there he was seriously worried about sending it out of his site. Think he put 700 insurance on it. I have no idea what this one is worth.

I will see what is in my old service manuals.

What still gets me is the solenoid on the 400 dist i put in that 59 dodge.
Was out of a 74 pickup and had the solenoid on the advance, was wired in to start circuit. For hot start?

Found it in a parts book 65 413 single point still no specs, was a factory replacement part.
Those big solenoids on the vac advance?

They are pretty stupid if you ask me when the key is on it advances 5 degrees and back 5 when off to get rid of dieseling, in combination with a solenoid on the carb. Does it make a difference: How? the key is off so no spark, get the solenoid part though.

go out to the jeep, back window is busted. look on the security cameras from when i parked it last at 1030 last night till now, nothing near it, nothing hit it. only got to 21 degrees. WTF

I dont have any literature that goes back to 65 as far as a 413 goes at least.

That is the vac advance on the 400.
All i know is its energized during crank only.

Buddy just texted me. He’s going in to town. And picking me up. Right on! I dont have to drive.

Hey TJ you have any books with Canadian distribs in them? Have a steel Prestolite that is single point pretty sure it is a Canada only one need the specs on it.

Aren't the Canadian specs listed in the factory service manuals??? Eh???

I got another monitor for my computer so I can run dual screens and brush up on my CAD... I got it hooked up last night/this morning when I got home for work...

More mice have been stealing my bait on my traps in the cabinet above the stove and near the dog's bowls... :mad:

However, I found that I caught one on the floor trap near the stove.... :D

I rebaited the ones in the cabinet above the stove and near the dog's bowls.... Let's see if we can catch any more.... :mob:

WooHoo .. .03" of rain .. I can feel the floods .. Good Morning all ..
willyswednesday.png

It's Willys Wednesday

I got another monitor for my computer so I can run dual screens and brush up on my CAD... I got it hooked up last night/this morning when I got home for work...
If you need any help or get stuck, let me know. It's what I do daily. What program are you using?

Work is getting to be a hassle... :icon_fU:

I keep giving 100% and they keep pushing me for more.... Now they are going to "write me up" if I don't get the material from our warehouse loaded on my second truck by 11 PM... Trouble with that is some of the departments don't get it done in time and it makes me late, they need to get control of their warehouse... Not to mention the stuff that comes from the other 5 trucks from other branches that we have to unload and then load on my truck... :BangHead:

My lead got me so pissed of yesterday that I had the hydraulics for the forks smoking and was on two wheels turning a few corners... Not anything that our dept lead does himself, except for the smoking hydraulics and on two wheels on a turn, but he beats the hell out of the equipment... I try not to, but if that's how they want me to work, then that is what they will get... :icon_fU:

Then they had a "meeting" with me and I told them that I will have to stop doing things for others and focus on doing my job... Let the other bastards load their own wood for loading the trucks which I have been "taking one for the team" for a few months now... These people are adults, they can get their own supplies... Not to mention that we are the only ones that load the wood on the docks, the other shifts just steal it from the ones that do and leave us empty... :icon_fU:

I've been applying to job postings this morning so I can hopefully get out of this one....

If you need any help or get stuck, let me know. It's what I do daily. What program are you using?

Thanks Chris.... :thumbsup:

I use AutoCAD and Inventor.... I have lost some of the AutoCAD 3D since they led us down the Inventor path for 3D, but I like some of the features in AutoCAD 3D where you can check for balance and make it balanced for situations where you use a key slot etc... Plus I like using the layers in AutoCAD where you can turn them off to help keep the drawings from getting too cluttered up...

I'm very solid on AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D...

My son's friend also downloaded a copy of Solidworks on my computer... I want to watch some videos on youtube on one screen and practice on the other to learn Solidworks as that has a high demand on the postings that I've seen....

Paving job superintendent calls me at my asphalt plant one day. "Alex, I'm only getting 125 tons/hour out here. Your sales department promised me 150." "Well according to my calculations here, I'm sending you 225 tph. I can slow down if you want me to. What YOUR trucks do after they leave here is not my problem. Talk to your truck boss." A little while later I'm out of trucks to load and I call him. "Problems on the job? I'm out of trucks." He didn't mess with me again, on any of the jobs following either.

My biggest problem is stupidity, just cant handle it at all. I have thrown so many people out of my shop cant even count.
My son sent me this pic of a tshirt he just got
3f1e98a5-3c1d-478e-b126-0254e27808a6-jpeg.1715254575

Surprised I have not thrown any one out at Carlisle, really get some winners there. I just write it off as not educated in the Mopar parts.
So your like a professor? Edumacating the dumbies.

Speaking off... guess who just made a 2 night reservation in Harrisburg...

Santie Klaws?
High 30's today wind gusts up to 40 mph and rainy. In a word NASTY!
Yep, Fah King Windy out there.

More mice have been stealing my bait on my traps in the cabinet above the stove and near the dog's bowls... :mad:

However, I found that I caught one on the floor trap near the stove.... :D

I rebaited the ones in the cabinet above the stove and near the dog's bowls.... Let's see if we can catch any more.... :mob:
Keep trying and some day you will be a Masterbaiter.
...I've been applying to job postings this morning so I can hopefully get out of this one....
Wasn't that the plan to use the CAD for a career move?

Looking like this "major" rain event they have predicted is going to be a "major" bust. The radar doesn't even show any cloud cover in the Malibu area and up north no massive rain totals. Let's see 24 hours at .01/hour, That might get the grass to sprout in the hills. MomsDuster's neighborhood north of here and south of the big burn is probly getting the wettest of all of us.

Last edited:
Yeah we’re staying damp up here. Expecting more rain this afternoon. At least the “CampFire” is now officially out. Rain hasn’t been been ridiculous but much needed. Thought I heard we’re over 2” up here now. Not sure about further north in the mountains/foothills.

-
Back