Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That was 2-3 years ago....I changed all the bushings to poly but left the body bushings alone, they looked ok.

I stepped away and missed a few pages...
I think you guys are doing the apples and oranges thing. LOL.
The Pop should have the U shape newer style ? That's what I have. Not too bad if they are cut. Mitch would have the old rounded triangle style. I have never done them. Have seen posts about them though. Looks like a total biotch to install.

Gave up trying to press them into place somehow. I cut the factory welds and pryed them apart far enough to get the new poly bushings in and over the big ends of the bar. The re welded them together after I closed em back up in the vise. Here's a pic

Attachments

• WIN_20151024_134316.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 101
  • WIN_20151024_134324.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 108
  • WIN_20151024_134343.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 103
Rani whats left on the wagon? Since I just barged in here and distracted tike!

nah .....its just a round table discussion in here ....I fell asleep anyways LOL

Add another month to the wagon #-o going to have to get a new bellhousing ......I am not going to fight it and just get the correct bellhousing for the set up.

In 68 it would have been an 11 clutch in a B-body anyways so I am not going to be cheap and put an 11 inch clutch in. I have taken cars apart that were pieced with this and that before and it was no fun so I want it to be like as if the factory did it even though its clearly not a factory build.

Nothing against the guys who modify parts but not really my gig. Apparently I need bell #2892626 ....perhaps next month, if not the December cycle. :sad9::evil3::):):)

Gave up trying to press them into place somehow. I cut the factory welds and pryed them apart far enough to get the new poly bushings in and over the big ends of the bar. The re welded them together after I closed em back up in the vise. Here's a pic

That's what I thought you were talking about. Definitely not what's on my 75. Make up any new curse words on that job? LOL. Good to see you found a way :blob:

morning? I got coffee now and will have more later and its almost 6 PM!!!!! (Yeah I drink coffee like some drink Beer) better out come in my shop that way for late nights! Weekend or not. :coffee2:

Hey guys, haven't been around in a while, doing some harley projects through the summer. Should be popping in as I'm trying to rekindle some interest in my duster. Hope everyone is well.

Hey guys, haven't been around in a while, doing some harley projects through the summer. Should be popping in as I'm trying to rekindle some interest in my duster. Hope everyone is well.

Hey George.... Nice to see you again! I hope you are making good progress on the Duster! Would love to see some pics!!

Good morning folks!

I promised photos of my trip to Zambia.... could not find a worthy street scene to snap.

Thought I'd share this with you though..... Apparently the first ever escalator was installed in Zambia 2012, which was received by the Zambian people with great enthusiasm. Children/parents/couples went to the mall only to ride on them! Long ques of people waiting to experience these "mechanical stairs", great technology for anyone that has never seen an escalator before!

Picture of the view from my Hotel room, and an escalator in Levy mall....

Ters.

ps. Edit: Google "First escalator in Zambia".

Attachments

• 20151022_072703.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20151020_171423.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89
I'm awake again.

Karl,close to sleep.. ( late night shifts blow,lol..) Appreciated the info ,on the stainless trim clips. The damn car was stripped of them,when I got it.. How's the kid's car project coming?....

Hello folks! Just had a late breakfast with my older daughter Anna. We're out in the cabin just the two of us. It's an absolutely fantastic day! Clear blue sky, stunning colors on the trees. Just a little windy.

Hello folks! Just had a late breakfast with my older daughter Anna. We're out in the cabin just the two of us. It's an absolutely fantastic day! Clear blue sky, stunning colors on the trees. Just a little windy.

Enjoy it,it doesn't last forever,lol..

Karl,close to sleep.. ( late night shifts blow,lol..) Appreciated the info ,on the stainless trim clips. The damn car was stripped of them,when I got it.. How's the kid's car project coming?....

We have the engine in the Valiant, just resting. The z-bar for the column shift looks funky - wrong angle. I'm not sure what's wrong yet, maybe we have the wrong bracket on the trans... Plus we need to get some of the linkages for it, as the kid misplaced some of them. (We're working on getting him more organized.)

Then we need to get a hold of the linkages that we're missing. I want to get the linkages hooked up before putting the starter and exhaust manifolds in. We should test fit the exhaust manifolds soon to make sure that there is no interference, especially with the right side and oil filter. (I prefer not to run the 90° adapter)...

Then he started ripping the suspension off his 72 Challenger. We got the right upper off and new bushings in, now we have to get to the rest. We need to get the upper control arm cam & bolt package to proceed with that job. We already took the control arm off the car before removing the upper ball joint. It's too tight to remove on the bench, so we need to get it back in the car so we can crank on it with some cheeter bars and break them loose...

He needs to save up some money to get the parts, but luckily just got promoted to full time this week at work, which will help him earn the money sooner. He just finished his first 40 hour week.

Now we need to also get back to degreeing the cams. We're about half way through. Then we can pick one for the Challenger engine and start to assemble that one.

And I've been helping my friend Doug with his house. He bought a fixer-upper and is trying to get it ready to move in by Nov 1. You know how there are always delays, so I'm on call to help him get caught back up with what work I can do. I've been helping him with getting supplies with my truck and moving loads from the old house to the new one as he is ready to take stuff over. I'm the guy with the truck, so you can call me the "road manager" for the project... :farao:

Good morning folks!

I promised photos of my trip to Zambia.... could not find a worthy street scene to snap.

Thought I'd share this with you though..... Apparently the first ever escalator was installed in Zambia 2012, which was received by the Zambian people with great enthusiasm. Children/parents/couples went to the mall only to ride on them! Long ques of people waiting to experience these "mechanical stairs", great technology for anyone that has never seen an escalator before!

Picture of the view from my Hotel room, and an escalator in Levy mall....

Ters.

ps. Edit: Google "First escalator in Zambia".

Man, we take escalators for granted around here. They've been around as long as I can remember.

How do you guys stand on elevators???

We're doing ok. Come back soon and hang around with the Mopar guys... :burnout:

Then he started ripping the suspension off his 72 Challenger. We got the right upper off and new bushings in, now we have to get to the rest. We need to get the upper control arm cam & bolt package to proceed with that job. We already took the control arm off the car before removing the upper ball joint. It's too tight to remove on the bench, so we need to get it back in the car so we can crank on it with some cheeter bars and break them loose...

what color is this challenger and what engine are you going with???

Man, we take escalators for granted around here. They've been around as long as I can remember.

How do you guys stand on elevators???

Hopefully on their feet. Sorry it was there I had to take it.

Morning all. just stopped in for a sec Sunday food shopping day, and like Karl I have a lot of helping friends projects as I'm also the only neighbor with a truck.

Good morning, yawn.
Guess I'll get some fresh coffee going. Looks like Karl drank it all while riding up and down the escalator

well, I was feeling overwhelmed to find I need a different bell housing due to wrong bearing retainer size AND I found I need a new crossmember for the 4 speed.

I am a bit relieved now to find that I can modify and use my original cross member

I made a statement yesterday that I don't like to modify parts .....well....I guess I take that back in light of what I discovered with the cross member. Basically the auto and 4 speed cross members are the same EXCEPT the auto has a box section welded to the front of it and the center isn't cut out from the factory. SOOOO to make a 4 speed unit I need to cut of the extra welded on box section and cut out the center and BAM ...4 speed cross member.

I came to this conclusion by reading a thread on Dodge charger dot com and plus I notice that brewers sells a four speed unit but they specify that it was made from an original automatic one. They want a nasty core charge and it works out to close to 200 bucks and I see originals get anywhere from 2 to 2.5 bills.

so today I guess I will get the grinder out and the mini-sawzall and see if I can save myself 200 bucks.

-
Back