Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well at least the filters got cleaned and the water is flowing again.
Just to damn cold.
And to think I used to go in there every January and take a dip.

View attachment 1715170480

When I strike it rich, Ray, I'm thinking a fountain in the middle of the front circular drive with about a 30' high jet shooting straight up. And a water feature like yours out back to relax by.

Wow it is cold out today.
Guys came got some of the yard cleaned up. All the food and beer are finished.
Packed up something to ship to a member here.
Waterfall is running and filters cleaned but still need to be rebuilt.
I'm done for the day.
Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. We bought a half dozen arborvitae's, hauled them home and unloaded them and watered them a bit. There's a chance of rain the next few days so I will do what I can outside and play around inside. Lawn mower to service, trailer bearings to repack, patio furniture to haul. Lot's of things to do this time of year. Oh ya, I have a fountain to get going too.

So went and looked at engine.
Drove the car, seems to run fine.
May stuff it in the dart, dirt and all.
It was in a derby car that never made it to the track. Home made stingers out through the hood
60,000 original miles.
Car (75 coronet) is actually pretty solid.

I just finished this image. Kind of an early seventies magazine ad feel. That’s also my old ‘72 F-250 work truck in there.

8D184872-B64B-4DC3-93C6-393272F3AD33.jpeg

Nice one Dave!
Thanks! That one has a lot of bits from my past in it. My dad worked for Sunoco for 30 years, I ran a Sunoco service station for over a year for a friend who was sick in the mid 90s, my uncle had an Evinrude glass boat like that one when I was a kid and he used to take us for rides on the lake in Maine during Summer vacation...and of course my old work truck from when I had my auto upholstery business in the 80s.

I just finished this image. Kind of an early seventies magazine ad feel. That’s also my old ‘72 F-250 work truck in there.

View attachment 1715170535

So bow tie guy has lived there most of his life. Captain guy asks directions because he's clueless. Bow tie gives captain simplest and direct route. Captain guy says "That's not the way!" Bow tie thinks very briefly and tells the captain the most complicated and demanding route to the same location, which includes backtracking from whence he came 5 miles. Captain guy says "That sounds great". Happily the Captain goes 20 miles out of his way. Bow tie grins "Dummass".
:rofl:At no time in my service station experience did I ever wear a bow tie, so the above must be fiction:rofl:

When I strike it rich, Ray, I'm thinking a fountain in the middle of the front circular drive with about a 30' high jet shooting straight up. And a water feature like yours out back to relax by.
When you strike it rich, I think I will come visit you...and do donuts around the circular driveway in one of your many vintage Mopars!

:lol:

So bow tie guy has lived there most of his life. Captain guy asks directions because he's clueless. Bow tie gives captain simplest and direct route. Captain guy says "That's not the way!" Bow tie thinks very briefly and tells the captain the most complicated and demanding route to the same location, which includes backtracking from whence he came 5 miles. Captain guy says "That sounds great". Happily the Captain goes 20 miles out of his way. Bow tie grins "Dummass".
:rofl:At no time in my service station experience did I ever wear a bow tie, so the above must be fiction:rofl:
That’s only because you were never in a magazine ad...then they would have made you wear one!

I was on the cover of California Builder and Engineer magazine and in Dune Buggies and Hot VWs. When the CB&E got released my superintendent said "Mr. Kasler sends his thanks for the good press" and he showed me the magazine. I had my hard hat on backwards, wearing my railroad striped bib overalls, control box for my concrete boom pump around my neck, and standing on top of the cab of the boom pump :rolleyes:. I was pumping concrete into a wall 125' away and it was the best place to see from :rofl:

Seriously crappy weather here right now. 47* with a 15-25 mph NW wind and damp. I have the heater running in the garage again. Yuck.

At least it’s supposed to warm up a bunch starting on Tuesday. I am done with this in-between Weather.

Seriously crappy weather here right now. 47* with a 15-25 mph NW wind and damp. I have the heater running in the garage again. Yuck.

At least it’s supposed to warm up a bunch starting on Tuesday. I am done with this in-between Weather.
Well that sucks. It's cold here too but inside the house. Big tiff about the wife's job with the city.

Got my fold-down workbench built and painted. Got to bend sheetmetal for the top an it'll be ready to mount on the wall. Need to put in a TV now that i have a place to sit my drink!

Was at a birthday party/ cookout today. He had the firepit going. Was out there for a while trying to toast myself like a big marshmallow. My feet are still cold...

Got my fold-down workbench built and painted. Got to bend sheetmetal for the top an it'll be ready to mount on the wall. Need to put in a TV now that i have a place to sit my drink!
Send a pic of it when your done, I'm considering one myself. thx

-
Back