Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The landfill on the other side of the valley, built right next to a river that does flow once in a great while :realcrazy: has a methane gas collection system buried in it. From that collection system there is an underground pipeline that runs halfway cross the valley to the local hospital where the gas is burned to power the hospital. Course it helps that the landfill took a bunch of cleanup material from the oil patch here.

Well... now I'm more confused... the 64 Chryco Parts book doesn't even have the Signet trunk badge on it. This one was printed in May of 65 so maybe the earlier print would have it? Dunno.

But, Hey... got a really cool sticker for the toolbox.

20230610_115115.jpg

20230610_115003.jpg

20230610_115011.jpg

20230610_115428.jpg

Same issue I have ... captured the old radiator coolant and the water when I flushed the system... now it's in gallon jugs stacked by the shed
Me too!
Seriously. Have about 5 gal. of used eth glycol and want to dispose of it right.
Getting rid of oil is easy, but this can't find anyone or place.

Hey guys. I just put that kind of waste in my dumpster. In containers. Sad huh. Goes into lined landfills. No where else to put it...

Me too!
Seriously. Have about 5 gal. of used eth glycol and want to dispose of it right.
Getting rid of oil is easy, but this can't find anyone or place.
Luckily they take that at my landfill/recycling center. They take all kinds of household, paint, tires. Thought I was going to have to pay for a small tire I picked up on the side of our road we maintain but they didn't charge me.

I have three plastic 55 gallon drums here at my shop just outside. My 20 gallon oil drain works pneumatically, so I just roll it outside and pump it into two of the 55 gallon drums. The third drum is for antifreeze. Just poured in there. I have a oil recycler that comes by and picks up the motor oil and the antifreeze. At one point they paid you a small amount to come and get it. Then when prices changed it was free. Now I think they charge 50 bucks to come and empty all three drums. Not too bad.

Luckily they take that at my landfill/recycling center. They take all kinds of household, paint, tires. Thought I was going to have to pay for a small tire I picked up on the side of our road we maintain but they didn't charge me.
I think my local landfill will take all of those things as well, paints, tires, motor oil, antifreeze. I think I can take four tires at a time until they start to charge you.

Yeah it’s BS……no wonder so many people dump stuff everywhere. You want to do the right thing and no available resources.
Pay for Play. I read long ago when the "recyclable" plastic bottles were introduced that 80% of those recycled were shipped to energy companies far away where they were shredded and used for fuel in their power plants :realcrazy: . If there was no money in it, recycling wouldn't happen. Where does the money come from? Us :rolleyes:

When I worked in the oil field here in North Dakota I hauled crude oil from the wells to the pipe line or rail cars.
Got a run twice a week to pick up recycled plastic that was melted down and turned back into crude oil in Minneapolis MN.
Had a mad run back to the oil fields before the melted plastic cooled down and dumped it in the crude oil tanks so it would mix in with the crude oil and stay liquid.
Guess it wasn't cost effective it was shut down in a year.
They need to keep doing that so we don't flood the land fills with all that plastic.

I think my local landfill will take all of those things as well, paints, tires, motor oil, antifreeze. I think I can take four tires at a time until they start to charge you.
in the city you can take four a day to the recycle yard in the northeast
Unless the gu at the gate knows you. Then it's, a buck a tire up to twenty a day.:rolleyes:

At least there is one in NJ. I will be taking tires and fluids there cleaning up my FIL’s the end of next week through the 25th. Looking forward to the treasure hunt

-
Back