Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Something I'm working through. Crank pulley

What vintage engine and car???

I assume it's for your 64...

Do you have the original V-8 style radiator??? They are different than the slant 6 one...

If you have the correct time period radiator for an early A (64 - 69), then you need to use the cast iron water pump and the timing chain with the timing marks on the passenger side so the lower radiator hose will be like the original 64 - 69 molded hoses...

Then get a set of pulleys from an early small block from 64 - 69 so the pulleys will line up and keep the belt in line correctly....

If you are not using A/C, then you want a single pulley alternator and the pulleys from a non A/C small block from the sixties (64 - 69)... The water pump pulley should be the 'bell' shaped one for that time period... The chamfered angle water pump pulley is for the 70 and later style with the aluminum water pump...

I'd love to!!!! Damn problem is she won't take off from work. Right now she has only one day off the week, and that's her choice. I told her don't work two days a week, we can go places. But but but but but but butt She's Lovin American capitalism. Kkkkkkkkk
When she does go back and tells everyone how much more she earns here everyone will want more money, or they will strike and the revolution is on.:poke::rofl::rofl:

Do you have the original V-8 style radiator??? They are different than the slant 6 one...

If you have the correct time period radiator for an early A (64 - 69), then you need to use the cast iron water pump and the timing chain with the timing marks on the passenger side so the lower radiator hose will be like the original 64 - 69 molded hoses...

Then get a set of pulleys from an early small block from 64 - 69 so the pulleys will line up and keep the belt in line correctly....

If you are not using A/C, then you want a single pulley alternator and the pulleys from a non A/C small block from the sixties (64 - 69)... The water pump pulley should be the 'bell' shaped one for that time period... The chamfered angle water pump pulley is for the 70 and later style with the aluminum water pump...
Hey Karl

Yes to all of the above

318 (1971)

Have an Early-A V8 radiator

Swapped in a cast iron water pump (driver side discharge)

Using the early timing chain cover with timing bracket (passenger side)

Water pump pulley is correct... seems the crank pulley I have is not

20230927_184026.jpg

20230928_160012.jpg

Should i use my '62 fuel pump that has sat for 45 years (still works) or 1985 pump with unknown miles... still works... or take a chance on a new one? I just see bad reviews on everything now...
Just pick one and carry a spare.

You also need to watch for if the car had power steering or not. The crank pulleys are different depths during those years based on Ps, or no PS, with or without AC. Wen thru 4 sets on my poly before finding the right ones to get everything to line up

Hey Karl

Yes to all of the above

318 (1971)

View attachment 1716147420

Hey Karl

Yes to all of the above

318 (1971)

View attachment 1716147421
Do
Do you have the factory spacer between the pump and pulley? Both my polys with iron pumps had a 1/4 inch spacer between the pulley and the flange of the water pump

Hey Karl

Yes to all of the above

318 (1971)

View attachment 1716147421

Do you have the factory spacer between the pump and pulley? Both my polys with iron pumps had a 1/4 inch spacer between the pulley and the flange of the water pump
Disregard, I see your alternator is lined up so that’s not the issue.

I think it looks great! However the Troll in me would just have to look innocently over at the Chevelle in the Garage, and say, “Honey, I would help you pull the motor if you wanted to paint your engine bay the same color as the car? Wouldn’t that look much better?”
hehehehehe
It would look so much better. Lol. He told me I could reach in and hand paint the engine to cover the yellow. Honestly I think that would look worse because spots would be missed. Maybe one day I’ll have to pull the engine and properly paint it. :)

One of those recipes from Facebook. Looking good so far. Smells wonderful.

20230928_181750.jpg

It would look so much better. Lol. He told me I could reach in and hand paint the engine to cover the yellow. Honestly I think that would look worse because spots would be missed. Maybe one day I’ll have to pull the engine and properly paint it. :)
That looks so much better then mine at the moment. Good job.

I'll put a star on this recipe

20230928_184018.jpg

PREP TIME20minutes mins
COOK TIME30minutes mins
TOTAL TIME50minutes mins

COURSEMain Course
CUISINEItalian, Mediterranean

SERVINGS4 servings
CALORIES PER SERVING594 kcal

Author: Julia

Ingredients​

• 1 lb shrimp , fresh, uncooked, shelled and deveined
  • 5 tomatoes , medium size, fresh, chopped into large cubes
  • 1 cup spinach cooked
  • 5 garlic cloves , minced
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ lemon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper or more
  • ¼ teaspoon paprika
  • 10 oz fettuccine pasta
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, for serving

Instructions​

• Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil, until melted.
  • Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Make sure the shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side.
  • While the shrimp is cooking, generously sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp.
  • Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side.
  • To the skillet with shrimp, add chopped fresh tomatoes, cooked spinach, and the remaining amount of minced garlic. Add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more). Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
  • In the meantime cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking and getting mushy.
  • Add cooked pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter.
  • Add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Depending on the juiciness of your lemon, it could be ¼ of a small lemon or ½ lemon. Don't add too much lemon juice.
  • Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm up on medium heat until the shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through.
  • To serve, top with grated Parmesan cheese.

I'll put a star on this recipe

View attachment 1716147431

PREP TIME20minutes mins
COOK TIME30minutes mins
TOTAL TIME50minutes mins

COURSEMain Course
CUISINEItalian, Mediterranean

SERVINGS4 servings
CALORIES PER SERVING594 kcal

Author: Julia

Ingredients​

• 1 lb shrimp , fresh, uncooked, shelled and deveined
  • 5 tomatoes , medium size, fresh, chopped into large cubes
  • 1 cup spinach cooked
  • 5 garlic cloves , minced
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ lemon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper or more
  • ¼ teaspoon paprika
  • 10 oz fettuccine pasta
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, for serving

Instructions​

• Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil, until melted.
  • Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Make sure the shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side.
  • While the shrimp is cooking, generously sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp.
  • Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side.
  • To the skillet with shrimp, add chopped fresh tomatoes, cooked spinach, and the remaining amount of minced garlic. Add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more). Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
  • In the meantime cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking and getting mushy.
  • Add cooked pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter.
  • Add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Depending on the juiciness of your lemon, it could be ¼ of a small lemon or ½ lemon. Don't add too much lemon juice.
  • Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm up on medium heat until the shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through.
  • To serve, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
That looks really good

I think I'll pick this up. Mount it on some wood and make the lights work. Great storage garage wall art.

1000001461.jpg

1000001460.jpg

1000001458.jpg

1000001459.jpg

-
Back