Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The DP leads we had made up. in 18 and 22" lengths! Not 100 point but better than nothing.

1708525298334.png

The roots of the culinary traditions that led to the development of scrapple in America have been traced back to pre-Roman Europe.[10] The more immediate culinary ancestor of scrapple was the Low German dish called panhas, which was adapted to make use of locally available ingredients, and it is still called "Pannhaas", "panhoss", "ponhoss", or "pannhas" in parts of Pennsylvania.[11] The first recipes were created by German colonists who settled near Philadelphia and Chester County, Pennsylvania, in the 17th and 18th centuries.[12] As a result, scrapple is strongly associated with areas surrounding Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, D.C.; Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Southern New York, and the Delmarva Peninsula. Its popularity on the Delmarva Peninsula is celebrated the second weekend of October during the annual "Apple Scrapple Festival" in Bridgeville, Delaware.

The two largest brands of scrapple in Philadelphia are Habbersett and Rapa, controlling approximately half and one-quarter of the market, respectively. Rapa accounts for about three-quarters of the Baltimore market.[13][14] The title of jazz artist Charlie Parker's 1947 composition "Scrapple from the Apple" is inspired by the food scrapple, in the Big Apple (New York City).

The roots of the culinary traditions that led to the development of scrapple in America have been traced back to pre-Roman Europe.[10] The more immediate culinary ancestor of scrapple was the Low German dish called panhas, which was adapted to make use of locally available ingredients, and it is still called "Pannhaas", "panhoss", "ponhoss", or "pannhas" in parts of Pennsylvania.[11] The first recipes were created by German colonists who settled near Philadelphia and Chester County, Pennsylvania, in the 17th and 18th centuries.[12] As a result, scrapple is strongly associated with areas surrounding Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, D.C.; Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Southern New York, and the Delmarva Peninsula. Its popularity on the Delmarva Peninsula is celebrated the second weekend of October during the annual "Apple Scrapple Festival" in Bridgeville, Delaware.

The two largest brands of scrapple in Philadelphia are Habbersett and Rapa, controlling approximately half and one-quarter of the market, respectively. Rapa accounts for about three-quarters of the Baltimore market.[13][14] The title of jazz artist Charlie Parker's 1947 composition "Scrapple from the Apple" is inspired by the food scrapple, in the Big Apple (New York City).
And here I thought scrapple was just a board game. I will have to try some when we are up there this summer for Carlisle!

I've never tried nor seen Scrapple personally, so I looked up the recipe. The pics it had in that particular recipe, the stuff looked like a asphalt sheet mix meat loaf, sheet mix is just asphalt oil and sand :lol:

We ate spam once all three meals, every single honking day for thirty some odd days straight. I am out if it is Spam!
Mom would slice it up, dip it in egg and roll it in cracker crumbs and fry it.

So.. i'm gonna have to weld new perches on my axles (shoulda went with 275s) anyway.. i was gonna go with these, they are a bit longer than the moroso ones and i saw people bitching bout the moroso quality.. any reason to not just get the generics?
1708528003473.jpeg

The Buick one has a bit of a beak and the spacing is off.

It seems too delicate for a truck grill though

It is a puzzlement

Watch it turn out to be from a 67 Mercedes Dump truck or something
I’m wondering if we’re off on decade. There are some 50s grilles that I’m finding that are that style

So.. i'm gonna have to weld new perches on my axles (shoulda went with 275s) anyway.. i was gonna go with these, they are a bit longer than the moroso ones and i saw people bitching bout the moroso quality.. any reason to not just get the generics?
View attachment 1716210222
Speedway motors is cheaper and sells factory style replacement. Not sure the point of going longer?

OK... I've burned sage over the "rebuilt" 904 that had been the nightmare. I'm pretty sure I found and resolved the issue that caused all the problems.

Question... can I use all the new, upgraded guts out of the 1965 Slant 904 and put them into a 1965 SB V8 904?

And the torque converter?

Both pushbutton and ball & trunion.

@lkopaska ?
Don't see why not.

Speedway motors is cheaper and sells factory style replacement. Not sure the point of going longer?
Supposedly anti-wrap since more contact with the spring and i like that they are a little taller than stock as they will move the axle up a little bit. BUT.. i forgot bout speedway :) will look there..

P.S. ok.. speedway is half the price also.... they win :)

OK... I've burned sage over the "rebuilt" 904 that had been the nightmare. I'm pretty sure I found and resolved the issue that caused all the problems.

Question... can I use all the new, upgraded guts out of the 1965 Slant 904 and put them into a 1965 SB V8 904?

And the torque converter?

Both pushbutton and ball & trunion.

@lkopaska ?

Don't see why not.
Yes you can, as long as they’re both push buttons from the same year. 63-65 all interchange internally. 62 and older gets iffy.

The cables for the slant 6 and small block are the same even. Though routing is different so may have to move a bracket here or there. Big block are longer.

I would use the kick down lever internally from the v8 trans though. The ratios is slightly different at least unless it’s been changed.

Converter, that’s where it’ll get interesting. Physically it’ll bolt in, whether or not the stall is correct is another matter and dependent on your engine

Yes you can, as long as they’re both push buttons from the same year. 63-65 all interchange internally. 62 and older gets iffy.

The cables for the slant 6 and small block are the same even. Though routing is different so may have to move a bracket here or there. Big block are longer.

I would use the kick down lever internally from the v8 trans though. The ratios is slightly different at least unless it’s been changed.

Converter, that’s where it’ll get interesting. Physically it’ll bolt in, whether or not the stall is correct is another matter and dependent on your engine

I had a customized rebuild done by Biltron, and upped the stall to 3500....

Good morning everyone. I’m a little late to the party today. I didn’t get to back read yet. I will have to catch up later on all of that.

View attachment 1716210222
I usually make my own. Square tubing, hole saw and drill bit. Precision is key.

-
Back