Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Satellite Saturday!

satlitesatVI.jpg

Good morning :D
Yeah it's a little wet up here too. :lol:

Talking to a friend in Amarillo Texas and he is not in the fire but says it's the worst fire he's seen down there. Sad to see the cattle and homes being burnt up.

I was in a Fire Aviation conference all week and didn’t get the call to TX but many of our people have went. Honestly, I’m burnt all the damn way out. I’ve poured my life and health into many futile efforts fighting fire and some pretty big victories.

These pics are not of the current fires but from when I got deployed to TX two years ago. Fighting fire in the plains is a whole other animal than forest fires. You don’t “catch” them. God tells it when to stop. The weather change (wind/precipitation) is the only thing that helps.

23E3AFF5-89FF-4092-87AE-A6608679E0FD.jpeg

7802C273-C2D8-4D1B-B52E-63E27CCDFFD4.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

IMG_4832.jpeg

IMG_4829.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4821.jpeg

I sure miss the old Jack in the Box commercials. Heck I just plain miss The burgers. Nothing better after playing hockey all night than a greasy burger from JIB on the way home.
Don't think I've ever been to one. Where did you have them? Just looked at locations... closest is Ohio and Carolinas. :steering:

Good Morning

My grandfather hired a guy with a 70 duster.
His parents bought it for him for high-school graduation.
He immediately ripped it apart. Racer brown cam dual dominaters 512 dana rear if I remember correctly. Fastest car I ever sat in.
Finally got tired of blowing transmissions . Got married he had no friends total introvert. I was his best man. Big mistake on his part he could barely stand for his wedding.lol his wife hated me.

Yeah... he sounds like me.. cept i have no desire to ever get married... i got done with dealing with womens bullshit 20 years ago :)

We used to peddle our Sting Rays to the next town for JIB :lol: I could eat pretty well with a week's pay in my pocket :lol: Week's pay being $1 from mowing 2 lawns :lol:

I was in a Fire Aviation conference all week and didn’t get the call to TX but many of our people have went. Honestly, I’m burnt all the damn way out. I’ve poured my life and health into many futile efforts fighting fire and some pretty big victories.

These pics are not of the current fires but from when I got deployed to TX two years ago. Fighting fire in the plains is a whole other animal than forest fires. You don’t “catch” them. God tells it when to stop. The weather change (wind/precipitation) is the only thing that helps.

View attachment 1716215218

View attachment 1716215219

View attachment 1716215220

View attachment 1716215221

View attachment 1716215222

View attachment 1716215223

View attachment 1716215224

View attachment 1716215225

View attachment 1716215226
That's truly a mess over there

Ever say what initiated them?

View attachment 1716215218

View attachment 1716215219

View attachment 1716215220

View attachment 1716215221

View attachment 1716215222

View attachment 1716215223

View attachment 1716215224

View attachment 1716215225

View attachment 1716215226
Thanks for all your efforts John we need more people like you.

Morning, looks like we will be getting more snow here tonight. and tomorrow. :BangHead:
Is it just comin' in on the wind Fred? them weather guessers are talkin' up to 12' up in parts of the Sierras. That snow up there is so light and dry it blows like dust. It could ride the winds to the Dakotas :lol:

Is it just comin' in on the wind Fred? them weather guessers are talkin' up to 12' up in parts of the Sierras. That snow up there is so light and dry it blows like dust. It could ride the winds to the Dakotas :lol:
Yea I saw that 12 feet of snow warning and I think your right. :thumbsup:

I want it!!!
yup.. that's the first mopar i fell in love with (not that one.. but the black one in the movie Hot Rod).. the roofline on early b-bodies are just the best :)

You put a 318 in that with some 360 heads and a AVS.... baby you got something

yup.. that's the first mopar i fell in love with (not that one.. but the black one in the movie Hot Rod).. the roofline on early b-bodies are just the best :)

You put a 318 in that with some 360 heads and a AVS.... baby you got something
I want a 64 Dodge. It could have a Poly and I would be happy.

Morning, looks like we will be getting more snow here tonight. and tomorrow. :BangHead:
Looks like we could be done with snow. Only a couple nights even get to freezing in the 2 week outlook. I’ll never rule it out though, have had some of the biggest accumulations from now till beginning of April.

I want a 64 Dodge. It could have a Poly and I would be happy.

Yup.. my #1 would be a turquoise '64 polara 500.. best trim package of any b-body and great interior also.. had one when i was like 20.. with a poly, wish i had it now :)

Yup.. my #1 would be a turquoise '64 polara 500.. best trim package of any b-body and great interior also.. had one when i was like 20.. with a poly, wish i had it now :)
Nice! I'm already collecting parts. :rofl:

poly 318 intake..jpg

Looks like we could be done with snow. Only a couple nights even get to freezing in the 2 week outlook. I’ll never rule it out though, have had some of the biggest accumulations from now till beginning of April.
We been having a great winter so far here so I can't complain. Well yet anyway. LOL

That's truly a mess over there

Ever say what initiated them?

One of the working theories is that hot exhaust + tall grass.

The area received good rain last year which yielded a good grass crop. Now that tall grass is dead grass and it’s been very dry this year so far.

100% human caused.

The plains and forests used to burn like this, unchecked, before western civilization. Whether it was lightning then or human caused now, the prairie WANTS to burn. And it should. It’s ecology.

If we want to co-habitats with the natural world we need to do more prescribed fire/ controlled burns and manage naturally caused fires instead of extinguishing them as fast as possible. There’s going to be a balance. If we try to interrupt nature she will hit us harder. Nature is dependent on fire and we should get over it. If we aren’t proactive about Fire we will continue to get these kinds of fires.

-
Back