Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1716895362231.png

Thats good stuff! We get a bag on occasion and just mix it in, lasts a while.
I actually like it. I've just recently started drinkin it. Wanna know why I didn't try it before? I thought it would taste like crap with nuts in it. Come to find out, it ain't got nuts in it. The factory where it is made used to process nuts so that's what they named it. LOL

I need to order some coffee today... not sure if i wanna get more CDM or try something else...

I actually like it. I've just recently started drinkin it. Wanna know why I didn't try it before? I thought it would taste like crap with nuts in it. Come to find out, it ain't got nuts in it. The factory where it is made used to process nuts so that's what they named it. LOL
It is everywhere in NY, Good stuff by itself.

Didn't know that.. always wondered why they went with that name.

Chock full o'Nuts​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chock full o'Nuts
Chock_full_o%27Nuts_logo.png
Product typeCoffee
OwnerMassimo Zanetti Beverage Group
CountryUnited States
Introduced1932
MarketsNorth America
Previous ownersChock Full o'Nuts
Sara Lee Corporation
Tagline"The Heavenly Coffee"
Websitechockfullonuts.com
Chock full o'Nuts is an American brand of coffee that originated from a chain of New York City coffee shops.
Its unusual name derives from the 18 nut shops that founder William Black (c. 1902 – 1983) established with the brand in the city beginning in 1926. When the Great Depression struck, he converted them to lunch counters, serving a cup of coffee and a sandwich for five cents.[1]
The brand became popular over the next 27 years and was introduced to the consumer market through grocery stores in 1953. It is owned by coffee giant Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group.

History[edit]​

The chain was founded by William Black (né Schwartz),[2] who sold nuts in Times Square to theater-goers. In 1926, he opened a store on Broadway and 43rd Street eventually adding 17 more. When the Depression began New Yorkers could no longer afford the luxury of shelled nuts, so Black converted the shops into lunch counters, selling coffee and sandwiches.[1]

Ordered some choco full o nuts.. and a retrun spring/bracket for my carb..
I always tell Kitty when I make a pot "Hold on to yout butts" because the name reminds me of that Samuel L Jackson line in Jurassic Park. LOL

So I just got home about a half an hour ago. Traffic from here to Arlington National Cemetery today was not bad since it is a holiday and not many people are working. Visited with my Dad and Mom and my Uncle and some other people that I knew earlier in life. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people at Arlington today. I think that's appropriate. Feeling a little melancholy. Still miss both my parents.
View attachment 1716255147View attachment 1716255149View attachment 1716255150
Thanks for the update and sharing these pictures of your parents resting place, happy to see you back home and safe Mitch
Twister blew out some windows on one of our rental properties and managed to peel all the siding off of one side on the house but no injuries so all good. I have now officially had my fill of spring twisties.
Siding and windows can be replaced, now cousins not no so easily..

So glad all is good up there in God's country

I ain't all that fancy. I just got some chock fulla nuts.
Haven't had that in a long time. Always thought it was decent stuff. Lately I mostly get whatever the discount store has. The have a 'regular' localish one they always have, but get some better ones as well. I am overdue to get some good stuff from Mr Hotz...
Good Morning

The 383 was the biggest Mopar engine I ever owned. I only had a couple but they were good runners.

-
Back