Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Car show and drag racing on Saturday. I still did not order belts or a helmet so no racing for me yet.........................................

This will be the longest I have driven the car, 60 miles each way.

Getting there.. going to ruin through engine wiring again. And get an exhaust ordered. Maybe just get the downpipe on so it's not straight off the manifold at strart
Did you keep the trans pan loose/no gasket yet to make adjusting the cable easy? (i think you have pushbutton)

Did you keep the trans pan loose/no gasket yet to make adjusting the cable easy? (i think you have pushbutton)

I've found that the easiest way is to set it all up with the pan off... no guessing.

I've done it so many times now, it's super easy. Takes maybe 30 minutes total

I've found that the easiest way is to set it all up with the pan off... no guessing.

I've done it so many times now, it's super easy. Takes maybe 30 minutes total
ahh ok, i didn't know you had done it before.. :) I haven't.. i probably do it wrong but i put the trans in with 2 bolts holding the pan.. drop the pan and put the shifter in neutral and line the ear on the rooster comb up with the middle of the neutral safety switch.. takes like 2 mins.. seems to work

ahh ok, i didn't know you had done it before.. :) I haven't.. i probably do it wrong but i put the trans in with 2 bolts holding the pan.. drop the pan and put the shifter in neutral and line the ear on the rooster comb up with the middle of the neutral safety switch.. takes like 2 mins.. seems to work

You need one of these if you're doing it solo

Screenshot_20240618_082957_Photos.jpg

@toolmanmike So, I was just reading The #5 Bobby Unser Nichels USAC Superbird from '72 was sold to USAC driver Irv Janey of Cedar Rapids and re-bodied as a 1974 Charger. Very interesting to accidentally stumble onto this old "Charger Stock Car"....

I wonder if your Mopar connections in IA would have any knowledge of what happened to this car. Seems lost after 1974. It states Irv was going to have 2 Chargers for 1974, one dirt car and one asphalt (according to Midwest Racing Archives)

@toolmanmike So, I was just reading The #5 Bobby Unser Nichels USAC Superbird from '72 was sold to USAC driver Irv Janey of Cedar Rapids and re-bodied as a 1974 Charger. Very interesting to accidentally stumble onto this old "Charger Stock Car"....
Wow, that's news I have not heard. I wonder what happened to the car? (and old parts)

Wow, that's news I have not heard. I wonder what happened to the car? (and old parts)
exactly. Like the #88 Buddy Baker test car that broke 200. Was sold to Don White and raced as a Daytona for a year, then turned into a 71 Charger for 2 years and pushed behind the shop. It is returned to Daytona and fully restored. How many are rebodied and nobody knows.

Like now here, the gloom is starting to recede a little. But you can bet that on the 4th of July and the fireworks show, it will be back with a vengeance :rofl:
I am so pissed I'm having to pull this transmission. Super pain in the butt....but cool weather to do it

I am so pissed I'm having to pull this transmission. Super pain in the butt....but cool weather to do it
no way around it. Unless you just wanna drop it off along with the title at my place haha

-
Back