Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Any of you guys use american classics insurance? Time for me to get insurance and plates i think.. will motivate me to get it together enough to drive at least
Hagerty.

Started with American Classics

Most of the choice was based on the flexibility to drive whenever and wherever, just not a daily. Fine print of some gets into the "to and from car shows" or " club sanctioned events"

Haggerty for the win!!! 30 K value on my 66. 150 a year!!! No limits on usage as long as you have other cars registered, Not primary vehicle... Changed from 25k to 30k before power tour, went up by 9 dollars a year!!
wow that is cheaper than i expected

Hagerty.

Started with American Classics

Most of the choice was based on the flexibility to drive whenever and wherever, just not a daily. Fine print of some gets into the "to and from car shows" or " club sanctioned events"
Only issue with Hagerty with me was must be garaged.....

Of course you know what they do to the "New Young Guy". Had a 20 ton load truck broke down for hours. They sent ME back to the yard to clean it out. Jackhammer and shovel..... :mob: :mad:
:lol: SOP. I loaded one of my regular haulers for a job in town, full load on a transfer dump truck, 25ish ton. Well unknownst to us the CHP had set up one of their popup safety/scale inspections between us and town. His weight was good :) but his brakes were just a tiny bit out of adjustment by CHP standards and they would not let him proceed to the job to unload. They wouldn't even let him tow it to the job to unload, had to be to his yard to get the brakes right and then re-inspected. Waiting for the tow truck and the tow job, 2 12 1/2 ton black bricks he was left with. Best I could do was talk the sales department into only charging him our cost on his load. :BangHead:

I am happy here at home now. Left here this morning around 10:00 a.m. to teach the daughter how to park properly for the driver's skill test. Spent a couple of hours doing that and having her road drive some. Her appointment was at 2:00 p.m. We got there, I explained to the guy that she understands English but just speak slowly, he was okay with that. She took the closed inside the DMV driving test which I witnessed and I can tell she passed successfully. Then they take them out on the road for a short stint. She came back with a smile on her face. Happy girl

Any of you guys use american classics insurance? Time for me to get insurance and plates i think.. will motivate me to get it together enough to drive at least
Haggerty man. Best around and even after a claim, they didn’t raise my rates at all. Infact, I got a discount

Haggerty for the win!!! 30 K value on my 66. 150 a year!!! No limits on usage as long as you have other cars registered, Not primary vehicle... Changed from 25k to 30k before power tour, went up by 9 dollars a year!!
Mines 274 for 4 vehicles. That’s including the 40 a year for the drivers club. And the heritage option. The heritage option allows you to keep the car without any deductions or buying back and still receiving full agreed upon value if the car is totalled

I have Hargerty also. Had to argue to get a better agreed value on my Demon. But I have 3 cars with them now. Adding my Son's hot rod added $20 yearly
Really? They gave me 30k on my Dart without any issues. And 10k on my 78 w200. 4500 on my polara. Plus tool and parts coverage at 15k plus race track coverage.

Mines 274 for 4 vehicles. That’s including the 40 a year for the drivers club. And the heritage option. The heritage option allows you to keep the car without any deductions or buying back and still receiving full agreed upon value if the car is totalled
I'm going to circle back with them on the value once the V8 is in... but very easy to work with

I have Hargerty also. Had to argue to get a better agreed value on my Demon. But I have 3 cars with them now. Adding my Son's hot rod added $20 yearly
yeah. since my car is being built i'm sure the value will be half of what i have into it, kinda expecting that

Digging thru the dark web I found copies of all of the engineering documents for the factory prepped Nascar cars. Amazing amount of information. Rake angles, spoilers, spoiler locations, ride heights, trans ratios, rear gearing, lift, downforce, hp, different daytona noses, wings, etc Pretty wild and will help the charger build.

I'm going to circle back with them on the value once the V8 is in... but very easy to work with
Yep and if I ever want to increase the values, I just have to type a paragraph explaining way. That’s what I did on my dart once I got the Gerst suspension installed. Included receipts to show proof even though they never asked nor required it.

Yep and if I ever want to increase the values, I just have to type a paragraph explaining way. That’s what I did on my dart once I got the Gerst suspension installed. Included receipts to show proof even though they never asked nor required it.
I'm watching market as well. Parts are getting hard to come by...

yeah. since my car is being built i'm sure the value will be half of what i have into it, kinda expecting that
Nope. They don’t appraise it. Not require photos. You state the value, if it’s when their range (which for most A body’s is up to 75,000) , you’re good

Digging thru the dark web I found copies of all of the engineering documents for the factory prepped Nascar cars. Amazing amount of information. Rake angles, spoilers, spoiler locations, ride heights, trans ratios, rear gearing, lift, downforce, hp, different daytona noses, wings, etc Pretty wild and will help the charger build.
That's very cool

Really? They gave me 30k on my Dart without any issues. And 10k on my 78 w200. 4500 on my polara. Plus tool and parts coverage at 15k plus race track coverage.
Yeah, but mine is one of a handful of Mr Norms GSS package cars. Had to convince then just how special it is. Not the Dart that their system defaults to

I’d love to see copies of those sometime if you don’t mind. It took me 7 years but I finally tracked down the Dick Dyke suspension mods he used to when Stock Eliminator in his 64 max wedge at the 1964 NHRA nationals

Only issue with Hagerty with me was must be garaged.....
Hagerty. I started with the Gto. I had the drivers front wheel come off going down the road doing about 30mph. Long story about that. Anyways was only insured 3 or 4 days.
I called. Adjuster out the next day. Check in the mail a few days later. Rates never went up.

Just my 2 cents on getting a claim on any insurance policy. if you get damage on a quarter panel or even roof on your car the insurance company will try to pay for just a blend in the paint and blend the clear coat in the panel. Not a good idea. My car like your old cars is one section, Roof and both quarters are one, and they will pay to clearcoat the whole backside of your car if you tell them you won't stand for blending the clear into a panel. Hope that makes sense.

-
Back