Stop in for a drink.

-
Here is what we are sipping out in the shop this evening, and of course resizing and depriming some 45-70 brass at same time. We be multi tasking! Hah! This is a great bottle for the value. Right at or just under thirty bucks and just plain yummy!

View attachment 1715715924

I saw that on the shelf. I'll have to give it a try!

Ok since I was drinking bottom shelf last night I figured I would try something a bit more extravagant tonight. Much more complex and certainly a bit hotter for sure. Wish BD was here he loves good bourbon and this is darn sure that!

13EAA386-0882-4840-A800-877B849D4B23.jpeg

Ok since I was drinking bottom shelf last night I figured I would try something a bit more extravagant tonight. Much more complex and certainly a bit hotter for sure. Wish BD was here he loves good bourbon and this is darn sure that!

View attachment 1715716236
OF is a good pour. Cheers. Don't mean to sound like a broken record but let it breathe for 15 min. or so. You can add a couple drops of water if needed. I have a bottle of OF 1920. Pretty good stuff. How do you like the Glen Carin glasses?

Last edited:
I am eating some Jalapeno-chedder tortillia chips which doesn't cool down my Wild Turkey 101. LOL

Darn that sounds good, jalapeno dip and Frito's for dinner I think.
I am frying a chicken breast in the cast iron. I will cut it up in bite sized pieces and mix it into a pre made kale salad with poppy seed dressing. Pretty good stuff. Healthy and all that.

I am frying a chicken breast in the cast iron. I will cut it up in bite sized pieces and mix it into a pre made kale salad with poppy seed dressing. Pretty good stuff. Healthy and all that.
Sounds good you guys are making me hungry.

Sounds good you guys are making me hungry.
I seem to be on a liquid diet lately. LOL I have bottle #1 of my raspberry wheat beer in the frig that I might uncork here in a bit. The first one is never ready but I just need to try it.

I seem to be on a liquid diet lately. LOL I have bottle #1 of my raspberry wheat beer in the frig that I might uncork here in a bit. The first one is never ready but I just need to try it.
I like Raspberries that sounds real good.

I am eating a chunk of deer with onions carrots and taters in the crock pot while I let my OF breathe!
HOOO that sounds real good.
Was going to do my famous Hormel canned chili for dinner but now I feel creative and that always gets me in trouble with heart burn.

I am eating a chunk of deer with onions carrots and taters in the crock pot while I let my OF breathe!
My WT101 has been sitting out for about 30 min. It is turning sweet and caramel. Almost butterscotch.

I think the raspberry wheat will work. It has a subtitle berry flavor at the start and smoothes out nicely to the wheat/grain flavor followed by a tingle on your tongue from the carbonation. Mikee likee!

20210330_184738.jpg

:rofl::rofl: No mopped it up with a paper towel. Didn't want it to get into my laptop. It got some note pads wet. Damn.
Fell asleep with a tall glass of refreshments in my hand watching TV not long ago and yes the glass fell over in my lap.

Ok the OF after sitting out while I ate dinner is just silky smooth! May have just become my daily driver! I confess I added a splash of water but no ice as I did not want the cold to mask the flavor. The water really took off the sharp edge. Hemi at my feet, Hotel California in background reading car **** in chair. Some of these guys are sure creative with the modern stuff. Life is good.

Ok the OF after sitting out while I ate dinner is just silky smooth! May have just become my daily driver! I confess I added a splash of water but no ice as I did not want the cold to mask the flavor. The water really took off the sharp edge. Hemi at my feet, Hotel California in background reading car **** in chair. Some of these guys are sure creative with the modern stuff. Life is good.
Sounds like paradise to me! LOL

I mentioned before what the science was behind letting spirits breathe to change the flavor. But I didn’t mention what warming it does to further that.

All of the volatile components have different boiling points and therefore different vapor pressure. Vapor pressure determines the rate of evaporation at a given temperature.

Try warming up your spirit of choice by a few degrees and note how it changes. Kinda like brandy in a snifter which is designed to be warmed by the hand to release the low boiling volatiles and get the best flavor.

Put a spirit in a metal cup and gently warm over a heat source like a campfire, candle or even a lighter. Sip at various intervals of time over the heat.

Note the changes as you go....you might be surprised at what you find by the end of the experiment.

I mentioned before what the science was behind letting spirits breathe to change the flavor. But I didn’t mention what warming it does to further that.

All of the volatile components have different boiling points and therefore different vapor pressure. Vapor pressure determines the rate of evaporation at a given temperature.

Try warming up your spirit of choice by a few degrees and note how it changes. Kinda like brandy in a snifter which is designed to be warmed by the hand to release the low boiling volatiles and get the best flavor.

Put a spirit in a metal cup and gently warm over a heat source like a campfire, candle or even a lighter. Sip at various intervals of time over the heat.

Note the changes as you go....you might be surprised at what you find by the end of the experiment.
If I can still stand at the end of the experiment I might be able to tell the difference.

-
Back