Stop in for a drink.

-
View attachment 1715717498Got the 29 out today and after 7 months it started right up. Gonna change the oil and give it a bath and go for a cruise. Your all invited to come over I have a cooler full of refreshments and enough lawn chairs to pile you all on the back so lets go partying. :D
Sublimeone was over long ago and tried to fit him in the old truck so he could drive it but as hard as I tried to shoe horn him in the drivers seat he just didn't fit.
Should have gotten a picture of that moment seeing a 6' guy trying to fit in a 4' cab.

Spent 4 hours today going back and forth with Lawyers agreeing on the language in my Consulting contracts with the new companies.

I definitely need a few cold beers to clear that pain from my brain!

Cheers!

The bright spot in my day was when I stopped at the beer distributor and found that after a month of waiting, they had finally gotten 13 cases of Coor’s Extra Gold in this week’s delivery...I took 5 of those cases home with me. :D

I might just go back tomorrow and grab a few more. It won’t go bad sitting in my garage and I just can’t tell when it will be available again. I will just consider it a hedge investment...LOL!

We are on the edge of a serious expansion yet again up here. We developed a great bug! It increases shelf life for the bakery industry by a significant amount of days. We got all the US patents sorted out but as you well know that does not protect us internationally. We have ordered most of our scale up equipment from overseas and are on the edge of getting our international protection in place. I am hoping it is my last large project. Then I retire and ride off into the sunset. We have already shaved almost 2M off the project cost and finally got cities approval to expand facility (PITA) several 50,000 gallon tanks will arrive onsite in June. Then it is game on!

Dinner is served in Fargo!

E79967CD-ED11-45C8-9F6C-6A49861A6821.jpeg

We are on the edge of a serious expansion yet again up here. We developed a great bug! It increases shelf life for the bakery industry by a significant amount of days. We got all the US patents sorted out but as you well know that does not protect us internationally. We have ordered most of our scale up equipment from overseas and are on the edge of getting our international protection in place. I am hoping it is my last large project. Then I retire and ride off into the sunset. We have already shaved almost 2M off the project cost and finally got cities approval to expand facility (PITA) several 50,000 gallon tanks will arrive onsite in June. Then it is game on!
You go buddy, you go!

Then...you go! And never look back!

Stuff like this is interesting and occasionally fun...but the real joy is within, and diving into the stuff we really love. The cherry on the top of this kind of life is ultimately leaving it behind and refocusing our energy and passion onto what makes us happiest.

We have been exceptionally good at that stuff...now it’s time to be equally good at our own stuff.

Was hoping you could retire soon but I'm sure you'll move down south as soon as you can.

Looks like my dinner but my booze was of a cheaper brand but my crackers had peanut butter.
Oh...my booze had peanut butter and my crackers were a cheaper brand...and I haven’t had dinner yet.

Oh boy. Now I’m confused...

Oh...my booze had peanut butter and my crackers were a cheaper brand...and I haven’t had dinner yet.

I have peanut butter booze that's cheep but good but I never buy cheap crackers.
Now I'm confused. lol

New pours tonight. The cheapest was one of the best. We tried them all but the Woodford.

20210402_162406.jpg

20210402_164501.jpg

20210402_165908.jpg

20210402_165924.jpg

20210402_170111.jpg

20210402_181516.jpg

Spent the day slicing and dicing the brush pile and placing it neatly on the curb for township collection early this week. For scale, the pile is 4.5’ wide, 3.5’ high and 22’ long. The stumps on the right edge are 8-10” in diameter. Then I sprayed all of the newly emerging dandelions in the yard with Round-Up dandelion killer, then moved a few hundred pounds of granite stones and finished building the second half of the low wall around the 20’ x 10’ Holly tree bed with them.

It is nice to feel this capable again after losing 100 lbs...but I’m bushed (pun intended...LOL!)

Time for a few cold ones...Cheers!

958EF7B0-66F2-4A92-B6E7-B7EDF89BC2EC.jpeg

Spent the day slicing and dicing the brush pile and placing it neatly on the curb for township collection early this week. For scale, the pile is 4.5’ wide, 3.5’ high and 22’ long. The stumps on the right edge are 8-10” in diameter. Then I sprayed all of the newly emerging dandelions in the yard with Round-Up dandelion killer, then moved a few hundred pounds of granite stones and finished building the second half of the low wall around the 20’ x 10’ Holly tree bed with them.

It is nice to feel this capable again after losing 100 lbs...but I’m bushed (pun intended...LOL!)

View attachment 1715718713
If I lost 100 lbs. I'd weigh 40 so you move the brush and I'll have a cold one and watch.:)

A little Mortlach 12 year old. I think it has become my daily driver. No wait, I think I say that about whatever I am sipping that evening! I fear the old adage, what is your favorite whiskey? Whatever you are pouring ! May be all to accurate.

D3316091-322F-4D34-B8D2-BE2C2B1CACC3.jpeg

View attachment 1715718713
We had company most of the weekend. My son and his fiancé plus her sister. But, I did manage to get some yardwork done. I cut down some ornamental grasses, did a few transplants and weeded out a section of the flowerbed. Today I played pick up sticks out back. Also have a tree I plan to have removed at some point - it has trumpet vines and both English ivy and poison ivy growing up it. Took a hatchet out and severed all the poison ivy climbers before any leaves emerge.

having a Skrewball coffee and a piece of 'bunny cake' (white cake with coconut in butter cream frosting)

Yo TMM I am heading to Iowa tomorrow at butt crack of dawn. I have a small crisis with my mad scientist at the University in Ames. I have to sort it out by tomorrow afternoon. I will clearly have a directional issue heading out of town on way back to Fargo. I will spend the night in Waterloo tomorrow. Glen Fargo is already in the truck for ya! Apologies for zero notice as I had no idea until just now that my scientists went off the rails. Arghh!

Yo TMM I am heading to Iowa tomorrow at butt crack of dawn. I have a small crisis with my mad scientist at the University in Ames. I have to sort it out by tomorrow afternoon. I will clearly have a directional issue heading out of town on way back to Fargo. I will spend the night in Waterloo tomorrow. Glen Fargo is already in the truck for ya! Apologies for zero notice as I had no idea until just now that my scientists went off the rails. Arghh!
Very much appreciated but you don't need to. It will be good to see you again. I will see if I can round up Travis and maybe Ted if they aren't busy for a tasting on the patio (if it's not raining.) We can always hang out in the family room if it's wet outside. LOL

-
Back