Stop in for a drink.

-
Very much appreciated but you don't need to. It will be good to see you again. I will see if I can round up Travis and maybe Ted if they aren't busy for a tasting on the patio (if it's not raining.) We can always hang out in the family room if it's wet outside. LOL
I am in your town Bossman. I just got checked into the hotel. Give me a shout if you are free

Well, the brush pile is gone. The Township guys came by early this morning. This time they had a truck with a chipper. They made short work of the pile and did a nice job cleaning it up. Just some chips left against the curb.

EAE0E8CE-BB7D-41EC-A13B-A8782F1484CE.jpeg

The yard is growing nicely now in the warm weather. The pachysandra we planted last year is doing well and is blooming along with the Aristocrat pears we planted 3 years ago.

82036C32-A4B9-4826-B200-6A58E5AA9841.jpeg

640ABE25-0D16-4C18-A998-730C6B2FBE8E.jpeg

We picked up a few 3.5’ Leland Cypress trees to add along the upper property line to cut down on the sight lines to the neighbor’s play set and driveway. We will get these planted in the next week.

EF719952-D15E-468B-8D0D-2E1C2A556774.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring, Cheers!

Hey @Sublime one here's a short 1792 tasting. This guy does a good job with his reviews and has teemed up with a couple other Youtubers for barrel picks.

Well, the brush pile is gone. The Township guys came by early this morning. This time they had a truck with a chipper. They made short work of the pile and did a nice job cleaning it up. Just some chips left against the curb.

View attachment 1715719956

The yard is growing nicely now in the warm weather. The pachysandra we planted last year is doing well and is blooming along with the Aristocrat pears we planted 3 years ago.

View attachment 1715719958

View attachment 1715719954

We picked up a few 3.5’ Leland Cypress trees to add along the upper property line to cut down on the sight lines to the neighbor’s play set and driveway. We will get these planted in the next week.

View attachment 1715719955

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring, Cheers!
Damn Ddaddy don't rub all that green landscape in here. Everything here is still brown and still waiting for spring. :rolleyes:

All right we are back in Fargo and somewhat healed up from trip to Iowa. TMM invited a couple of his whiskey tasting buddies over. I took a couple of before and after pix. I will let you guys sort out which is which. We simply ran out of table for everything we tried! We just had an absolute great time, weather cooperated, we munched cheese pretzels and brownies! TMM made the pretzels in his smoker, they were yummy! Jodi made a platter of scratch brownies, throw in some cheese and crackers, some great fellowship, some excellent whiskey and you got yourself a night of great memories. Note the tasting wheel in the pix, it helps you articulate what you are tasting and smelling as you sample the different spirits. All I have to say is take the time out and swing by a fellow FABO guys shop. It will not disappoint you. I have just always had a blast whether I was hosting or crashing. Great group here on FABO!

06DECBC5-216E-44DC-B210-C4528DC091DC.jpeg

AB956D84-0BA1-4A51-8350-A98F2B2A28E8.jpeg

EFE76269-F6B2-47ED-A83F-4E9890FA1039.jpeg

All right we are back in Fargo and somewhat healed up from trip to Iowa. TMM invited a couple of his whiskey tasting buddies over. I took a couple of before and after pix. I will let you guys sort out which is which. We simply ran out of table for everything we tried! We just had an absolute great time, weather cooperated, we munched cheese pretzels and brownies! TMM made the pretzels in his smoker, they were yummy! Jodi made a platter of scratch brownies, throw in some cheese and crackers, some great fellowship, some excellent whiskey and you got yourself a night of great memories. Note the tasting wheel in the pix, it helps you articulate what you are tasting and smelling as you sample the different spirits. All I have to say is take the time out and swing by a fellow FABO guys shop. It will not disappoint you. I have just always had a blast whether I was hosting or crashing. Great group here on FABO!

View attachment 1715720536

View attachment 1715720537

View attachment 1715720538
It was a hoot. Glad you stopped by on your way through town. :poke::lol: That Tequila was some good stuff. I need to look for a bottle. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Today I got all the solar landscape lights in the backyard tuned up. Batteries replaced, solar panel lenses cleaned and polished along with all electrical connections cleaned and dielectric grease applied to battery contacts.

Everything seems to be working properly now.

Beer time!

C9806DE9-49C7-43F7-AED4-386C2505191D.jpeg

FAE98BD5-17E9-417B-8C32-FAEDEB880080.jpeg

E24A64EB-4828-4A62-9623-10C476E5DCE5.jpeg

Relatives from Washington coming over this weekend and haven't seen them in 45 years. So garage fridge is stuffed with beer, hard lemonade and soda.
Stocked up on groceries and will do an Hawaiian chicken in the slow cooker the first night and if they can survive my cooking the first go around I'll do a pot roast the 2nd night. 3rd night will be I have no idea????

It was a long hard day back at yard work again. Managed to get all the Leyland Cypress trees planted. Digging in the ground here is tough. This is a granite ridge that they blasted to rubble when they built the neighborhood. As a result, the ground is chock full of rocks. Digging the 5 gal bucket size holes for the 4 trees took 5 hours and was like working a quarry. For scale, these trees are spaced 15’ apart.

2B641F8B-4C75-476A-9E12-B5826515E0BC.jpeg

To give you an idea about how much rock there is in the ground here, this stone wall around the 10’ x 30’ holly bed was made entirely from the rocks pulled out while digging the holes for just 10 small trees, including the Cypress trees today.

7A70B7F2-9B46-472F-9CFB-79D4C33BA590.jpeg

Of course, not being one to waste usable materials, I used the soil, gravel and sod from the holes to create a water diversion berm under and in front of the gas fireplace bump-out so that heavy rains don’t flow under it and down the foundation to the basement like it used to. I used the remaining topsoil from planting the trees to fill in and shape the front of the berm. The blue stuff on the soil is hydro-kote grass seed.

32D1C41A-FBEA-49DE-A58E-1CAC288277DE.jpeg

After that, I mulched all the trees and flower beds in the entire yard.

0BABE6C3-2A56-4844-9F87-170CD327A204.jpeg

Everything took about 8 hrs of hard work, but it’s done now. I’m worn down to a nub, but it’s a good kind of tired. Now it’s time for a few cold beers and a nice dinner.

Cheers!

Relatives from Washington coming over this weekend and haven't seen them in 45 years. So garage fridge is stuffed with beer, hard lemonade and soda.
Stocked up on groceries and will do an Hawaiian chicken in the slow cooker the first night and if they can survive my cooking the first go around I'll do a pot roast the 2nd night. 3rd night will be I have no idea????
Fred, just give them lots of Bourbon in the afternoon, by the time dinner rolls around they will be desperate for food and no matter what you cook you will be a savior! I bet even your famous chili out of the can with ritz crackers would be a hit!

It was a long hard day back at yard work again. Managed to get all the Leyland Cypress trees planted. Digging in the ground here is tough. This is a granite ridge that they blasted to rubble when they built the neighborhood. As a result, the ground is chock full of rocks. Digging the 5 gal bucket size holes for the 4 trees took 5 hours and was like working a quarry. For scale, these trees are spaced 15’ apart.

View attachment 1715720935

To give you an idea about how much rock there is in the ground here, this stone wall around the 10’ x 30’ holly bed was made entirely from the rocks pulled out while digging the holes for just 10 small trees, including the Cypress trees today.

View attachment 1715720938

Of course, not being one to waste usable materials, I used the soil, gravel and sod from the holes to create a water diversion berm under and in front of the gas fireplace bump-out so that heavy rains don’t flow under it and down the foundation to the basement like it used to. I used the remaining topsoil from planting the trees to fill in and shape the front of the berm. The blue stuff on the soil is hydro-kote grass seed.

View attachment 1715720936

After that, I mulched all the trees and flower beds in the entire yard.

View attachment 1715720937

Everything took about 8 hrs of hard work, but it’s done now. I’m worn down to a nub, but it’s a good kind of tired. Now it’s time for a few cold beers and a nice dinner.

Cheers!
Sounds like when I lived in Washington and was doing a garden and tried to do a soil sample but couldn't find enough dirt to do a soil sample. lol

Fred, just give them lots of Bourbon in the afternoon, by the time dinner rolls around they will be desperate for food and no matter what you cook you will be a savior! I bet even your famous chili out of the can with ritz crackers would be a hit!
:rofl:Good idea John I got plenty of Bourbon.

Today I got all the solar landscape lights in the backyard tuned up. Batteries replaced, solar panel lenses cleaned and polished along with all electrical connections cleaned and dielectric grease applied to battery contacts.

Everything seems to be working properly now.

Beer time!

View attachment 1715720562

View attachment 1715720563

View attachment 1715720564
No fair Dave, we are still in the throes of Winter up here. I don’t think we get a single night over freezing next week

No fair Dave, we are still in the throes of Winter up here. I don’t think we get a single night over freezing next week
Fair is fair, all Winter you kept telling us how much colder it was where you are compared to what we were experiencing.

Payback!

:lol:

-
Back