stuff you're doing while at home

-
Spring clean-up has started here. Trimmed a bunch of trees and cut up and dug out a couple of trees and stumps from small 12-14’ pine trees that fell. The pines were mostly dead and finally fell in the Spring winds. Small stumps, but lots of digging to get them out. The trees went down but the roots hung on.

I’m actually ahead of the Spring clean-up this year with a gift of warm weather last week.

3376AD3D-3944-4538-9E86-7E93D1E4411C.jpeg

1A9CA20F-AE5F-4E46-B3FB-28462D634DAE.jpeg

Oh, just pulled 4 8ft truck bed loads of ivy.
Raked an 80ft tall sycamore & 80 ft tall maple worth of leaves, burned up all the dead branches that fell from our windy area. Basically trying to get the property tuned up to its former glory from the 1950's
Glad as Heck though, never thought I'd own a place & a wife too.

today i got my plasma cutter down to make some leaf spring perches (for my valiant, but that's another thread) and i thought why do i unbox this thing every time? there has to be somewhere to keep it that's more accessible and sure enough i thought of the perfect place. i'd gutted my old welder to use as a sort of cabinet and sat my new one on top. having never put a single thing in said cabinet i set to with the plasma cutter and made it a new home. now i can get to the torch and earth cable at the front and the plug and air connector at the side, good enough.
neil.

IMG_0001 (14).JPG

Killing Wasps, last summer the previous homeowners didn't keep up with gardening or those angry flying prices.

this week i've been insulating and lining the inside of my downstairs toilet, i know aren't i the lucky one
lol.gif
. it's part of what was the 'outhouse' and was only ever single brick with render construction so is bl00dy cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
anyway only the corner trim and around the door opening left to do but i need a trip to b&q for that so it'll wait until i next go out shopping and do both at the same time.
neil.

Getting the 1929 AA truck out of winter storage and a run around the neighborhood.
20210401_173455.jpg

no it's fine, i actually sat there and reached up to get the distance just right. the seat's up (i was last in there :rolleyes:) so it's hard to see where the bowl is in relation the the roll but trust me it's handy :rofl:
neil.

early this week i painted the woodwork in an appropriate colour, Dawn wanted a light blue and the one we picked is called 'first dawn' so it had to be. today i tiled the floor using some of the same tiles i'd bought to do the whole ground floor several years ago. i couldn't find the massive bag of spacers and had to improvise so i cut up an old perspex licence plate, well you have to use what you have :D
tomorrow hopefully the adhesive will be set enough that i can get the grouting done which just leaves the skirting. that'll be 'another' room fully finished, this semi retirement is hard work :rolleyes:
neil.

IMG_0001 (19).JPG

early this week i painted the woodwork in an appropriate colour, Dawn wanted a light blue and the one we picked is called 'first dawn' so it had to be. today i tiled the floor using some of the same tiles i'd bought to do the whole ground floor several years ago. i couldn't find the massive bag of spacers and had to improvise so i cut up an old perspex licence plate, well you have to use what you have :D
tomorrow hopefully the adhesive will be set enough that i can get the grouting done which just leaves the skirting. that'll be 'another' room fully finished, this semi retirement is hard work :rolleyes:
neil.

View attachment 1715725204
Good job Neil. I know what you mean being semi retired is tough deciding weather to start a new job around the house or taking a nap. lol

Decided screw staying at home, son and I took the plane on a 800 mile flight yesterday and had lunch then flew back home just for fun.
20210417_132158.jpg
20210417_150124.jpg
20210417_142756.jpg

neil.

View attachment 1715725204
A man can really stretch his legs out in that bathroom.

Cool, I painted planes for a company out here in Washington 10 years ago that is hard work.
I believe it defiantly not something I would do cars are bad enough. lol
Lived in Washington most of my life SeaTac area sure miss it there but not the traffic.

-
Back