stuff you're doing while at home

-
i would put a sink above the cistern in the worktop but for now she's got her tumble drier there. at least until i build a utility room on the side of the house that is, i love being semi retired :BangHead:
neil.

here ya go brother

s-l400.jpg

I believe it defiantly not something I would do cars are bad enough. lol
Lived in Washington most of my life SeaTac area sure miss it there but not the traffic.
Yep, western wa traffic is horrid, I lived in SeaTac on 15th ave off of 200th st for a while, loved it, I was a teenager in the 1990s back then traffic wasn't so bad or it wasn't bad to me cuz I had a nice Charger to drive

i would put a sink above the cistern in the worktop but for now she's got her tumble drier there. at least until i build a utility room on the side of the house that is, i love being semi retired :BangHead:
neil.
Speaking of cisterns I was thinking of turning mine into a church & rough copy Michelangelo's painting then call it the cistern chapel

warning, this is a bit long winded.
today i got round to sorting the stereo in my ford c-max daily. what happened was it just lost all sound so i looked on ebay and they started 'secondhand' at £125 ffs! so i rang a local car stereo repairers and explained what i had and they agreed they're really stupid but yes it needed a new head unit. why is it stupid you ask? the head unit is touchscreen, does the radio, single cd, cd multichanger, satnav and the heater controls. the heater buttons are each side of the main screen and part of the unit. the guy said make sure you get the 4 digit pin code if you buy a secondhand unit. so i bit the bullet and spent my £125, the unit arrived and i plugged it in. for about 2 seconds the 'put your pin number in' screen appeared then a message came up saying vin number not recognised, contact you main dealer. i rang ford, told them what i needed, to get them to reprogram the new unit to recognise my ecu but oohhh no that's much too easy. it's programmed to the ecu at the factory on the assembly line and it can't be reset. £3800 +vat for a new one plus programming by them at over £100/hr.
soooo..... after staring at the 'new' unit as it sat by my keyboard here for a few weeks now i decided to take it apart, i mean how complicated can it be?
there are 4 units bolted to the back of the faceplate and weirdly the top 2 (which are bolted together also) and the bottom one are bluetooth to the faceplate, how mad is that! the bit i thought was the amp and would control sound was connected with 2 little plugs and 2 tiny ribbon connectors that aren't designed for fat fingers to remove let alone refit. but once back together i went out and plugged it back in to the car and bu66er! same vin number issue. now i knew it had to be the 2 bolted together bit i needed so i stripped and rebuilt it again and woohoo! it works.
what a palarva! and what a wasted afternoon!
neil.

warning, this is a bit long winded.
today i got round to sorting the stereo in my ford c-max daily. what happened was it just lost all sound so i looked on ebay and they started 'secondhand' at £125 ffs! so i rang a local car stereo repairers and explained what i had and they agreed they're really stupid but yes it needed a new head unit. why is it stupid you ask? the head unit is touchscreen, does the radio, single cd, cd multichanger, satnav and the heater controls. the heater buttons are each side of the main screen and part of the unit. the guy said make sure you get the 4 digit pin code if you buy a secondhand unit. so i bit the bullet and spent my £125, the unit arrived and i plugged it in. for about 2 seconds the 'put your pin number in' screen appeared then a message came up saying vin number not recognised, contact you main dealer. i rang ford, told them what i needed, to get them to reprogram the new unit to recognise my ecu but oohhh no that's much too easy. it's programmed to the ecu at the factory on the assembly line and it can't be reset. £3800 +vat for a new one plus programming by them at over £100/hr.
soooo..... after staring at the 'new' unit as it sat by my keyboard here for a few weeks now i decided to take it apart, i mean how complicated can it be?
there are 4 units bolted to the back of the faceplate and weirdly the top 2 (which are bolted together also) and the bottom one are bluetooth to the faceplate, how mad is that! the bit i thought was the amp and would control sound was connected with 2 little plugs and 2 tiny ribbon connectors that aren't designed for fat fingers to remove let alone refit. but once back together i went out and plugged it back in to the car and bu66er! same vin number issue. now i knew it had to be the 2 bolted together bit i needed so i stripped and rebuilt it again and woohoo! it works.
what a palarva! and what a wasted afternoon!
neil.

good job on fixing it...and serves you right for buying a ford

:poke:

today i made use of the last 3 barrels in the back garden. i'd previously burnt all of the vaseline-ish residue in them so they'd all gone rusty which is fine. dawn wanted some more planters so i knocked these up for her, all different heights. she said i bet the cats go inside the bases and as if by majic when i went out with the camera......

IMG_0001 (28).JPG

IMG_0002 (23).JPG

today i made use of the last 3 barrels in the back garden. i'd previously burnt all of the vaseline-ish residue in them so they'd all gone rusty which is fine. dawn wanted some more planters so i knocked these up for her, all different heights. she said i bet the cats go inside the bases and as if by majic when i went out with the camera......

View attachment 1715745388

View attachment 1715745389
That makes the Cats happy good job my friend.

today i visited a mate and we pulled the 383 from his 71 monaco wagon. he bought it recently with a bit of a rod knock so it's now sat in my van here ready to go into my garage for a tear down to assess what's needed.
neil.

he's sent me a couple of pics from yesterday, showing the extension we cobbled up to get the reach with the engine crane (that monaco has a long nose). both him and his other helper mate john didn't like my fix but it got the job done, lol. that 4x2 and ratchet strap were just fine :thumbsup:
neil.

clive's engine2.jpg

clive's engine.jpg

he's sent me a couple of pics from yesterday, showing the extension we cobbled up to get the reach with the engine crane (that monaco has a long nose). both him and his other helper mate john didn't like my fix but it got the job done, lol. that 4x2 and ratchet strap were just fine :thumbsup:
neil.

View attachment 1715746367

View attachment 1715746368
Gotta make things work to get a job done. Would be nice to have every tool we need but not in the budget. lol

ha! me and wife d9id the same,she bought a bike said she wanted to ride, I broke out my 30 year old bike from the 90s...had to do some work to it...

Here's a fun one
First the back story...I bought the baby a new bed the other day, she's 3 and was ready for a big girl bed
The bed I bought has drawers under it, so the mattress sits 24 inches high

That's just a little taller then she can jump, so she's had a little stepstool there, which looks a little ghetto

So, I decided to build a step for it
I had some material left from the closet doors I added to that room, so it will all match

I just need to pick up some trim to finish it off

20210603_101224.jpg

20210603_114719.jpg

20210603_113843.jpg

And, because "measure twice cut once" is way to fortune cookie for me, here is me chopping it down to what it should have been from the getgo

20210603_131119.jpg

20210603_131341.jpg

Today I asked my wife for the 10th+ time
"Please be careful when you're pulling the hose through the garden" since she breaks branches & knocks over the irrigation sprayers I spent hours on earlier this spring & she goes into a hissyfit. Why do some people truly believe they are above criticism? Especially my wife ! Lol

Today I asked my wife for the 10th+ time
"Please be careful when you're pulling the hose through the garden" since she breaks branches & knocks over the irrigation sprayers I spent hours on earlier this spring & she goes into a hissyfit. Why do some people truly believe they are above criticism? Especially my wife ! Lol
If you got an irrigation system set up, why does she need a hose?

-
Back