stuff you're doing while at home

-
Well we are 60, her mother has cancer, then it be her father, then her sister, oh did I mention I’m an unemployed Concrete mixer driver. If I am lucky it might be April to get a job.

Man I thought I was going through a rough stretch! I'm 65 and failed my stress test. Had heart procedure and found I'm part of 2% of the population the anti clotting doesn't work on and had emergency procedure again the next day. Then found I was allergic to the meds I need to not reclog. Been thru 7 meds trying to find the balance. Sometimes its hard to find the light at the end of the tunnel. PM me if you want to talk!

Put my wife on an airplane, probably will never see her again, have mixed feelings about that.

I've been down this road a couple of times. Feel free to contact me via PM if you'd like some support. Life is hard anymore.

you know you're getting old when you have a sneezing fit and halfway through it feels like someone stuck a knife in your side. 2 weeks later the bruising from the torn ligament still looks like this
icon_eek.gif

neil.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

today i fitted 4 of the 12" 12v led lights in the 'new' garage over the road. i used free twin core and a free household light switch, both part of the hoard i got from the old boys sheds next door a while back. along with the good battery i saved from the last diesel mercedes i scrapped last year i now have (really bright) lights in one side of the building.
neil.

oh, and i got a transmission jack today to use under the new ramp i haven't got yet for my garage. it's one of the 2 stage ram types that go lower than the cheaper ones.
neil.

to day i've been doing some tiling in the kitchen so we can fit the 2 new radiators i bought a while back. the old 'normal' ones had been tiled 'around' but the new ones are the oval column type so you can see through them.... where there aren't any tiles :(
frown.gif
. luckily the tiler had got too many so i had enough left to do the infills. grouting tomorrow, oh joy
no.gif
:rolleyes:.
neil.

Custom cover when heater is not being used. Still in primer and going to let son paint for his bride.

5D4E2464-5970-4526-B7CC-8B77CF0D9ADA.jpeg

yesterday ashley and me put up the last section of pallet racking in my new garage over the road. we then started filling the racking with 'stuff' from the main garage and removed 2 of the overhead shelves for more room for the 2 post ramp that i'll fit there. we've got to get the new one pretty tidy as ash is bringing his zephyr in there to pull the engine and box for a stroker rebuild, fix the leaky heater and some other jobs that would be a pain in his single council lockup.
neil.

at the weekend a sparky mate came round and connected up the new bigger (10mm) armour cable and consumer unit in my garage after i'd run all the cables. i needed a bigger supply as my old compressor would blow the trip when the weather was really cold and i knew it wouldn't be up to the 2 post lift i'd bought and was delivered last week. i bolted the posts in place monday, fitted the hydraulic unit and power box and balance cables in place yesterday and added the last trim parts to day along with making some butch brackets to bolt the top of the posts to my garage roof structure (belt and braces
wink.gif
) ready to test it on my daily c-max which needed front pads. i'm limited on roof height but even so i was working at chest height which my back thanked me for. the valiant is lower overall and i'll have just over 4 foot underneath it to work on which is better than laying on my back for sure. i've got an office chair with no back which means i can sit comfortably under the car while working.

IMG_0001 (5).JPG

IMG_0002 (5).JPG

i have a construction worker buddy i barter stuff with

he was working off the balance of a bronco i gave him when his marriage fell apart and he fell off the face of the earth

the last thing he was working on was putting some skylights in our hot tub room

he got the windows in and sealed, but never finished it off

i just say down and did all the calculations on what i need to finish it, so tonite ill swing by lowes to pick up some wood, and hopefully have it looking spiffy here in no time

Stopped by lowes (maskless of course) to grab all the wood I need to finish this up

When they could out the sheating, they roughed it in, and missed a few spots, where I need to trim it back now

The only way I know how to do that is by cutting it with a Dremel
So, I ordered a few dremel saws online, once they show up I'm in business

20210304_170122.jpg

20210304_170128.jpg

20210304_170133.jpg

My little dremel says showed up today, so I got the sheathing cut back
Boy what a duster storm that was

But now I'm ready for the fun part

I was able to get one of em done

I know, the frame looks a bit wonky, but it was just to ensure it all get squared up

20210306_111228.jpg

20210306_111233.jpg

20210306_114713.jpg

20210306_115228.jpg

20210306_115231.jpg

20210306_121304.jpg

20210306_121305.jpg

20210306_122613.jpg

Thanks

I'm not a carpenter, but I've found wood to be pretty forgiving

And, I genuinely enjoy this

this week i've been slowly clearing out my garage, some stuff went over the road to my new garage and some went to the tip. i've moved my work bench and some or the shelving to make working around the ramp easier too. ashley was here today again and we moved a couple of v8 engines and other stuff over the road and cleared out the 'end extension' on my garage so we could move my compressor there out of the main work area. it's very quiet compared to modern ones (it's a belt drive v twin ingersoll rand from the 50's) but quieter out there anyway. last job before he left was to push my valiant into the garage using my c-max and a solid towbar i made just for the job. i can finally start on it this week and although my ceiling height means it's only 4 feet off the ground that's way better than chassis stands, a trolley jack and a crawler board.
neil.

IMG_0001 (7).JPG

IMG_0002 (7).JPG

IMG_0003 (4).JPG

Hand dug 200ft of trench around the perimeter of the footer “under” my house. I wanted to install a tile drain and sump pump under the house. Hauled in over 8K pounds of rock. The low side about 16-18 inches to the floor joists. Finally finished today with some family help. Man that’s a tough job and certainly zero fun.

45048F3E-5932-425F-921E-DA8ED0F992D9.jpeg

Ive been Mountain biking for 12 years now, I'll be 58 in December. I started on a p.o.s. bike in the garage one day, just randomly rode around the block to relieve some stress and it snowballed from there. Ive had a few crashes, hospital once, lots of cactus out here in the desert, thank heavens for tire sealant.

23110.jpeg

VideoCapture_20200512-073807.jpg

FB_IMG_1585451021286.jpg

FB_IMG_1585451054180.jpg

FB_IMG_1585451011659.jpg

Ive been Mountain biking for 12 years now, I'll be 58 in December. I started on a p.o.s. bike in the garage one day, just randomly rode around the block to relieve some stress and it snowballed from there. Ive had a few crashes, hospital once, lots of cactus out here in the desert, thank heavens for tire sealant.

View attachment 1715707303

View attachment 1715707304

View attachment 1715707305

View attachment 1715707306

View attachment 1715707307
you're a braver man than me :thumbsup:

our grandson harley who lives with us is home schooled now and today he had some practical work to do. we'd bought him a haynes (as in manuals) build your own v8 engine and we built it today. it's an ohc v8 with twin dizzies and is really quite detailed. you have to assemble pistons to conrods with seperate gudgeon pins onto the crank then fit that into the see through block. the cam lobes have to be fitted individually to the shafts as do the rocker arms. you have to time it all when fitting the cambelt even. the 2 dizzies have to be timed also and have leads with red led's for spark plugs at the ends which when you turn it on (it's run by a motor in the bellhousing) 'spark' at the right time in sequence. the heads and rocker covers are also see through so you can watch everything working. after 4 hours putting it together he was well pleased with himself when he turned it on, it even has a v8 soundtrack from inside the base.
quality time and he's learning something usefull too
thumbsup2.gif
:thumbsup:.
neil.

IMG_0001 (9).JPG

We bought our home new in'06. Did a lot of custom flooring back then. Game Room carpet is caput and coming out, time for concrete polishing, the kids are grown so this room sees no action anymore save for the canine lounge. I touched up all of the natural barn wood patina damage with stain and re-sealed with a great water based sealer we use for terrazzo flooring. Back then I needed mondo storage for video games , controllers etc. so I conjured the inside 90 degree drawer idea. We still love rustic style even though todays popular look is grays and industrial stuff
Game Room Desk Drawer.jpg
drawer.jpg
20210314_105743.jpg
FB_IMG_1615927522577.jpg
FB_IMG_1615927533248.jpg

-
Back