The slant or the 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by doug 371
TT440 has been 9.5's...................................does that mean you are not delusional ?? just askin...i only wish i had ride that fast lol

Originally Posted by doug 371
TT440 has been 9.5's...................................does that mean you are not delusional ?? just askin...

Time slips, and is it tagged and insured? I know I am not delusional,because even if TT440 has been 9.5's that is still not much faster than that 88 honda,and its running a single turbo on a 2.0 4 cyl.

if i got my *** handed to me by one of them shitboxes, i would go hide for a while in shame and i certianly wouldnt tell any one about it lol

You can make a Honda run. In fact, you can make anything go fast if you have a deep enough pocket. I don't wanna think about what it costs to make a Honda turn 9 a second time slip.

Cubic inches or cubic dollars. How many imports are running these insane time slips with NO turbo, NO NOS or NO supercharger???

There were wicked street cars running high 9's and 10's 40 years ago but they don't get 30 mpg either. There is a VERY fast Subaru WRX here that will smoke alot of stuff but he has $60k in it. It's all about what YOU like and that's all that matters.

You can make a Honda run. In fact, you can make anything go fast if you have a deep enough pocket. I don't wanna think about what it costs to make a Honda turn 9 a second time slip.

Cubic inches or cubic dollars. How many imports are running these insane time slips with NO turbo, NO NOS or NO supercharger???

There were wicked street cars running high 9's and 10's 40 years ago but they don't get 30 mpg either. There is a VERY fast Subaru WRX here that will smoke alot of stuff but he has $60k in it. It's all about what YOU like and that's all that matters.

There are many many many hondas in the 10's all motor. The K20 block is good for 1,000 hp. It does not take too much money to make a honda run.You have to remember though it is really easy to get a street driven civic to weigh around 2,000 lbs. Especially the old crx hatches. That helps big time with ET.

8.90's and street driven...1971 Charger's are heavy....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTP6lvAIR2w"]Twin turbo Haze @ 6psi - YouTube[/ame]

Yep,but it cant touch this nova [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwF-kr91uxU"]FASTEST STREET CAR IN THE WORLD! Larry Larson runs 6.95 @ 209 on Drag Week!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Kinda back on subject,If I was 20 years old and had 2 stock 10,000 mile motors,one a slant,the other a 318,I would go with the 318 cause my buddies wouldnt think I had a wimpy six in my car.Older,wiser now,I gotta go with the six.A V8 is just a cheaper easier way,and fine in my opinion.Haveing a 14 sec v8 isnt impressive.Butt haveing a 14 sec slant is,but it costs more.Slants to make power make you work harder,if your lazy stuff a v8.Guzzi Mark

"Also, for those who care, apparently the world's fastest A-body is this one with 8.26 at 164MPH."

You will be delighted to find out that th world's fastet A Body is not only a '64 Valiant, but a 4-door sedan as well...

Check this out!

http://fastdoorslammers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10236

"Needless to say they moved right into the thick of things in just their second race as they went to the final round at the Bakersfield event and ran a best of 6.01 @ 246 mph."

A Bodies rule!!! :D
I am so happy to see NAPA was on board getting this more door early A valiant to where it is today:cheers: NAPA has been good to me for many years and they have some of the best countermen there to help and keep you in line :glasses7: Thank you for sharing this Bill :cheers:
I know a crew that will be proud to know this info here in town.

I'd build the slant. I think the OP decided the same too before the 2nd page was even started. Bill's beginning posts were very informative to me (non-slant educated) and probably many others. He pin-pointed the slants strengths and n/a limitations very effectively. 805kid I love the S/S slant Dart you've got I imagine there's a lot of WTF responses when you pop the hood.

Very easy,,,,slant the harder way,,,318 easier.same results in the end.Butt you know what I LEAN towards.Guzzi Mark

I'd build the slant. I think the OP decided the same too before the 2nd page was even started. Bill's beginning posts were very informative to me (non-slant educated) and probably many others. He pin-pointed the slants strengths and n/a limitations very effectively. 805kid I love the S/S slant Dart you've got I imagine there's a lot of WTF responses when you pop the hood.

Thanks for the kind words. The moderators here thought enough of them to delete them.

I'm glad somebody got some useful information before they made them unavailable.

Probably so, yes he will. LMAO

Well. I don't know if, in your limited expeience, you have come to realize this, but, unless there is something wrong with the setup, the car with the best power-to-weight ratio will always win the race, given an equal start. That winning car will also turn more MPH than the loser, too...

MPH is always the best indicator of HP/WT. in evidence.

Not my opinion... facts.

Kinda back on subject,If I was 20 years old and had 2 stock 10,000 mile motors,one a slant,the other a 318,I would go with the 318 cause my buddies wouldnt think I had a wimpy six in my car.Older,wiser now,I gotta go with the six.A V8 is just a cheaper easier way,and fine in my opinion.Haveing a 14 sec v8 isnt impressive.Butt haveing a 14 sec slant is,but it costs more.Slants to make power make you work harder,if your lazy stuff a v8.Guzzi Mark

I'd rather have a slow slant than a so called fast import. Yours runs pretty damn good though-no doubt!

Not only that --but it looks cool. If I was on your end of the coast, we'd have some /6 bench and bracket racing going on. I have most of the stuff to get my /6 together except for the pistons and cam.

Rock on :cheers:

np man this thread went side ways and im bout to leave cuz im gettig nasty pm's from it
you are getting nasty PMs Asa? why ? if anyone should be getting them it should be...well nevermind , but send them my way and i will handle them lol. you havent said anything negative that ive read.

Does anyone know of a '73 or so Charger that showed up at the Farmington Mopar show back in '08 (may have been '06/7). That car was said to be a /6 car with a massive twin turbo setup on it. It was running stupid fast times. If I posted the times, everyone would say I'm full of it. I was there and I witnessed it .

The guy declined to show all the mods- much less go into detail about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back